FM10 in windowed mode

Has anyone else found that FM10 when in windowed mode gets a lot of "FM10 is not responding" errors. This only happens to me in windows mode and I don't know why? I've updated my drivers but to no avail.

So anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

Also I have the latest patch and I have a good laptop with enough RAM and a decent graphics card.

A SI guy advised on another thread to play in windowed mode to HELP with crash problems.

I cant play in windowed mode anyway, for some reason that option is greyed out and unavailable for me.

If the option is greyed out then you have to do this.

1. find the fm icon on your desktop and if it isnt there go to program files\sports interactive\football manager 2010 and find the icon and right click on it and select create shortcut.

2. Once you've created this shortcut move it to your desktop.

3. Right click on the newly created shortcut and select properties.

4. Once the properties are displayed look for the target box and add the -windowed -small_screen to the end so that it looks like this:-

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

5. Click on apply. The game should now start windowed anytime you click on the icon from now on.

For me the game freezes and doesn't respond for about 3-5 seconds nearly every time i click continue. Flicking between different screens is also very slow, especially when on the tactics screen. I have FM09 installed on the same PC and this has no such problems. My PC is in tip top conditon with a dual core 3Ghz processor with 6GB of RAM.

FM10 feels unfinished in regards to what i've just said. Hoping the second patch will address the UI issues.

FM did the same thing in last year's version. It's a minor annoyance of playing in windowed mode, but one I put up with while I listen to an internet radio station that asks me to rate the songs that it plays, so I have to switch windows every so often.

1. find the fm icon on your desktop and if it isnt there go to program files\sports interactive\football manager 2010 and find the icon and right click on it and select create shortcut.

4. Once the properties are displayed look for the target box and add the -windowed -small_screen to the end so that it looks like this:-

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

5. Click on apply. The game should now start windowed anytime you click on the icon from now on.

TY for that.

But when I click apply it says path not valid.

Thank you very much... i totally forgot about that method. d'oh

I have been playing in Windowed mode since I got my new laptop (widescreen, Windows 7) and have had virtually no problems with crashes (apart from a couple of times when the laptop went into Hibernation mode - FM didn't seem to like that much) and it seems to be just as quick as in full screen.

For me the game freezes and doesn't respond for about 3-5 seconds nearly every time i click continue. Flicking between different screens is also very slow, especially when on the tactics screen. I have FM09 installed on the same PC and this has no such problems. My PC is in tip top conditon with a dual core 3Ghz processor with 6GB of RAM.

FM10 feels unfinished in regards to what i've just said. Hoping the second patch will address the UI issues.

These issues are indeed fixed in the new patch.

Archived