Sick of this, Clear Cut Chances mean nothing! The more you have the more you lose?!

Clear Cut Chances (CCC)

My last 7 results:

Reading 2-1 Hull (Reading CCC 1 Hull CCC 5)

Hull 3-1 WHU (Hull CCC 4 WHU 2)

Liverpool 4-0 (Liverpool CCC 3 Hull CCC 2)

West Brom 1-1 (WB CCC 2 Hull 4)

Hull 1-2 Newcastle (Hull CCC 6 Newcastle CCC 1)

Hull 2-0 Sunderland (Hull CCC 3 Sunderland 1)

Fulham 4-0 Hull (Fulham CCC 1 Hull CC 3)

My point is this, the computer seems to score more or around the same amount as their Clear Cut Chances, I score half mine if i'm lucky. WHY HAS THE AI BEEN PROGRAMMED TO BE SO CLINICAL?!?!

If i had the same goals to clear cut chance ration as the computer i'd be doing great, but i can only assume certain coding for the purpose of balancing has been implimented to make sure we all feel the limits of our team even if we shouldn't be.

I keep losing to long shots, which is stupid because im closing people down and cauious tackling to ensure i don't get skimmed. what ever i do i lose. Ive even experimented with closing down to prevent long shot goals and standing off or aggresive tackling etc and now im at a loss.

Anyone know why?

This has been disproven time and time again. If your theory was correct then everyone would have the problem. We don't. I'm no tactical genius by any means and I get a pretty good ratio. HOWEVER, there is a well-known issue with defending, meaning you create a lot more chances than are realistic, but the comparison to AI results shouldn't be as far out as you state here.

There's ample detailed advice in the tactics forum, but for now, maybe look at whether it's the same players missing CCCs. Do they need retraining, asking to place shots or shoot with power? Is your shooting training up to scratch? What about attacking? Tactical training? Are these results with all the same tactic? Do you use shout outs where appropriate?

I don't want to be antagonistic since you sound pretty angry already, but hopefully you'll take a look at where you could be going wrong. You'll get there, even with the long shots and defending issues.

I'm not sure how much I trust the Clear Cut Chances statistic.

I was recently studying the match stats while watching a game on FM the other day and two chances were put down as CCCs. While one of them was definitely a clear cut chance in an unmarked position in front of goal, the other 'CCC' was a chance with a striker at the back post under a great deal of pressure from a defender and at a difficult angle to finish from. In my view, one of them really was clear cut while the other looked like a difficult chance to take. So I'm not sure how much they mean. Anyone else experienced this?

Anyway, with these kind of problems in my experience, it usually has something to do with the tactical choices, and by that I mean strategy rather than anything very complicated. Can I ask what sort of strategy you have been using during games. Also, are your players on very low morale or having problems motivating themselves for games?

I'm also wondering what your shots on target ratio was like compared to the opposition for the reasons I outlined above?

Just a few thoughts. I realise that it must be quite frustrating for you at the moment.

Regards,

C.

I was recently studying the match stats while watching a game on FM the other day and two chances were put down as CCCs. While one of them was definitely a clear cut chance in an unmarked position in front of goal, the other 'CCC' was a chance with a striker at the back post under a great deal of pressure from a defender and at a difficult angle to finish from. In my view, one of them really was clear cut while the other looked like a difficult chance to take. So I'm not sure how much they mean. Anyone else experienced this?

Anyway, with these kind of problems in my experience, it usually has something to do with the tactical choices, and by that I mean strategy rather than anything very complicated. Can I ask what sort of strategy you have been using during games. Also, are your players on very low morale or having problems motivating themselves for games?

I'm also wondering what your shots on target ratio was like compared to the opposition for the reasons I outlined above?

Just a few thoughts. I realise that it must be quite frustrating for you at the moment.

Regards,

C.

Well apparently trying to score a header from a corner and being surrounded by 3 players is a clear cut chance.

Clear Cut Chances (CCC)

My last 7 results:

Reading 2-1 Hull (Reading CCC 1 Hull CCC 5)

Hull 3-1 WHU (Hull CCC 4 WHU 2)

Liverpool 4-0 (Liverpool CCC 3 Hull CCC 2)

West Brom 1-1 (WB CCC 2 Hull 4)

Hull 1-2 Newcastle (Hull CCC 6 Newcastle CCC 1)

Hull 2-0 Sunderland (Hull CCC 3 Sunderland 1)

Fulham 4-0 Hull (Fulham CCC 1 Hull CC 3)

My point is this, the computer seems to score more or around the same amount as their Clear Cut Chances, I score half mine if i'm lucky. WHY HAS THE AI BEEN PROGRAMMED TO BE SO CLINICAL?!?!

If i had the same goals to clear cut chance ration as the computer i'd be doing great, but i can only assume certain coding for the purpose of balancing has been implimented to make sure we all feel the limits of our team even if we shouldn't be.

I keep losing to long shots, which is stupid because im closing people down and cauious tackling to ensure i don't get skimmed. what ever i do i lose. Ive even experimented with closing down to prevent long shot goals and standing off or aggresive tackling etc and now im at a loss.

Anyone know why?

I know, I know! Its your tactics ;)

Regards,

C.

I have also noticed the ccc's not being correct. I have seen blatant ccc's not counted as ccc's and vice versa.

Archived