Facilities costs ?

Hi SI people, could you please create a sticky post about the facilities costs ? I find it difficult budgeting a season finances without this information. And I must admit I see no reason to keep this hidden. Could we have in the next FM something like:

Your Club >> Information >> Facilities

Training ground: Basic Next level: Correct (estimated cost €500K, estimated time 3 months)

Youth facilities: Basic Next level: Correct (estimated cost €250K, estimated time 2 months)

Youth academy: None Next level: Youth academy (estimated cost €500K, estimated time 3 months)

Yes, I’ve separated youth academy from the youth facilities to give the opportunity to managers to choose what they want to do; have a first-team focused club, have a balanced club or choose to focus the club finances on adding a youth facility). This would be great for small clubs that would like to decide what will be the long term policy of the club, and maybe have the owners telling you stuff like “The board feels that developing the youth facilities and building a youth academy is the best mid, long term decision and they would like to keep a portion of the budget to finance this project in the next months”. As a manager you could give your opinion or even initiate this kind of decision by discussing with the board; “Ask the board to organize a meeting about the club development”.

I'd like to know as well. I've seen Feyenoord upgrade their training facilities and the news item mentioned it would cost them 6 or 7 million (Euros), which I thought was shockingly much. They do have Top Training Facilities (and Excellent Youth Fac.).

I agree that the Club side of the game is far from where it should be, but i wouldn't hold any hope for much change in this area.

Requesting a stadium expansion still pops up with the utterly useless message "Council will never allow planning permission" after a few years now.

As for upgrade estimation, it's relative to your club, your league, your reputation and the current status of the facilities, so it's difficult to give an answer because people will give you different amounts.

Archived