I want to sell players not loan them out!

Why does it do this? I've offered out 4 players and everybody wants them but instead of wanting to buy them they want to "loan to buy" which is not possible as i want cash!

I've set the players up to be "unavailable for loan"

Then the clubs don't even offer to buy them on loan they just say no thanks.

Is there a way for them to stop wanting to loan my players? It makes no sense, i'd rather they said they're not interested and thats thats. Rather then having these players with wanted icons next to their name because the teams want to "loan to buy". Well atleast offer me something. I might do it!

Then to top it off 2 of the players got upset because i "stopped them talking with club A" when i didn't even have an offer to reject, it was the club declining!

It is something than can be quiet dificult to work around for example trying to sell reserve players and as soon as I reduced their transfer value enough to generate interest,their contact ran out and they left the club...Maybe Spurs its something to do with the age of players,your better off loaning younger players under 24 out as they will come back worth more...try and be more patient with their value,you could gain £1/2m after a season long loan for a rising talent,otherwise drop their value enought to get rid of them if you are desperate to get rid.

I think you need to remember that the AI clubs are only trying to look after their financial situation.

Of course, if a club hasn't got much money but has aspirations and sees your player as a potential suitor then they will look for a loan deal instead. In saying that, I am aware that the loan then buy offer is a little irritating if you're equally desperate for cash.

Have you tried lowering the asking price slightly? Normally I get a mixed number of loans, offers and loan+buy options for one player - I merely select which ones I am keen to accept. If I can't sell or if no clubs are interested then I will admit defeat and loan him, in hope that he has a good season and the interest hots up.

Theyre not young players but theyre not too old, i've sold players easily before... it kinda feels like its something random that happens sometimes... Its pretty annoying. Especially when i can't even buy a player for less then £10m as every club seems to value every player at 3-5 times the value... I'm trying to sell them for their value and lower yet still no interest... :(

First window, i ended up accepting i wasn't going to sell them... heck i didn't even get them loaned out to anyone.. so they will be backup players for now...

This still doesn't hide the fact that its wrong that these clubs are interested in loaning to buy my players but never actually offer to do so, even though i set them to not being available, i also set them to available and i still got nothing. Would be better they just weren't interested at all.

And i suppose i'll have a look in the bugs forum to see if its a known issue that on some occasions players get upset you rejected a bid for them when there was never a bid in the first place.

They get annoyed once a team has said they are not going to make an offer... which is wrong... if they said they are dissapointed that nothing materialised of the interest in him then fair enough - but that wouldn't be my fault anyway :p

If there is an option to make a player unavailable for loan but you still receive offers to buy that player on loan than why is that option still there?

That's like asking for a full report on some player you're interested but then your scout doesn't give you the report, because he doesn't feel like it.. it kind of ruins the purpose of having multiple options to chose from.

Archived