Effects on new signings press conferences

I have been annoyed quite a few times that when saying anything below the full enthusiasm level on a press conference to present a new signing, the press always went on that comment as negative while I felt it was perfectly realistic and not negative at all. Even worse the new player was then unhappy right away.

So what I do now is just ignoring those press conferences and just not calling one when asked to.

As it seems, that has no negative effect whatsoever, which I think it would have irl.

So what do you do? Just ignore the whole thing or do you use them to state the repetitive and boring enthusiasm to gain a little morale boost for the player? I'm not sure yet how to handle it in the future.

I use them for big name signings only, if i did it for every signing it would be so repetitive and boring. I haven't had any negative effects from these press conferences yet although i always talk up my signings. And why not? I mean i signed them because i thought they were good players and could perform really well for me.

Sometimes when its a huge buy...record braking for the club for example...call the press confrence and praise him alot...hel love it and settle right especially if hes a foreign player but say if you have signed 3 freee transfers and they all come same tiem and are just cover for the first team then jsut ignore it..their squad status tells them all they need to know!!The more u play i nthe game the more important the meetings are with yr Ass Man...they can effect alot of team morale and how they play!

Sometimes when its a huge buy...record braking for the club for example...call the press confrence and praise him alot...hel love it and settle right especially if hes a foreign player but say if you have signed 3 freee transfers and they all come same tiem and are just cover for the first team then jsut ignore it..their squad status tells them all they need to know!!The more u play i nthe game the more important the meetings are with yr Ass Man...they can effect alot of team morale and how they play!

I did this when I signed Fabregas for £55M and he got all upset about the pressure and had one of the worst seasons ever, I never use these press conferences now too much of a minefield just like all the other psychological stuff in the game - avoid whenever possible.

Archived