Clue to Appealing Red Cards

Is there a clue in any of the comments as to when it is safe to appeal a red card?

I have just had a straight red for a defender for what looked like a light shove in the animations, the commentry suggested it was a controversial decision, the ref was given an average performance review. Although my Ass Man sat on the fence (he is useless though) I felt justified in appealing. Appeal turned down and additional two match ban meted out.

I don't even bother any more. It's not worth appealing any decision no matter what the report or commentary says, I just warn or fine the player and deal with the suspension. If you are continually appealing a lot of decisions it's leads to lack of discipline problems which can become a much larger problem then a 2-3 match ban.

I did get one overturned on FM08 where my assistant said it was a clear error by the referee, but that was the only time I have appealed in the last few editions.

Annoyingly, my player got sent off, I didn't appeal, warned the player (which he accepted).

And the FA still banned him for an extra 2 games.

Grrr

The FA banning him for extra games is not conditional on your appeal. Here is a good approximation of the rules regarding sendings off. I haven't read it all but it is fairly straight.

The FA banning him for extra games is not conditional on your appeal. Here is a good approximation of the rules regarding sendings off. I haven't read it all but it is fairly straight.

Just read the rules and apparently it the player that has to prove he was unfailrly disciplined. So would an appeal more succesful in FM if the player in question has high ratings in certain attributes?

Annoyingly, my player got sent off, I didn't appeal, warned the player (which he accepted).

And the FA still banned him for an extra 2 games.

Grrr

Your player headbutts another player. Player gets sent off.

You decide not to appeal it.

The F.A. decide to reward you for not appealing, by not extending the ban to three games.

:rolleyes:

Archived