lutontown1991

Valencia Career Save

lutontown1991

valenciabadge.jpg

FM 10.2

Leagues Running: Liga BBVA

Premiership

Brief History:

Valencia Club de Fútbol, Los Che, are a La Liga team. The team was founded in 1919. The club's first president was chosen totally at random by the toss of a coin. Octavio Augusto Milego got the call right and he was elected as president ahead of Gonzalo Medina Pernás and Valencia Club de Fútbol was born. The clubs first match took place on 21st May 1919 and they lost 1-0. The historic first line up was : Marco, Peris, Julio Gascó, Marzal, Llobet, Ferré, Fernández, Umbert, Martínez Ibarra, Aliaga and Gómez Juaneda.

Valencia did not have a stadium until December 1919 and played at various local pitches throughout the region. On the 7th December 1919 the clubs first stadium, Algirós, was opened. It remained the clubs home until 1923 when the team moved to their current home, the Estadio Mestalla. The Mestalla was officially opened on 20th May 1923.

Around the same time that Valencia moved into the Mestalla the idea of a domestic football league in Spain was being talked about. However, as Valencia at the time were still a relatively new team they had to wait a number of years before they could join the league. Valencia won the League championship for the first time in the 1941-42 season.

The 1940's was a mixed decade for the club. They won three league championships, in 1942, 1944 & 1947, and finished as runner up twice, in 1948 & 1949. They were also successful in the Spanish Cup, which at the time was considered to be far more important than the league, winning the trophy in 1941 &1949. They also finished runners up on three occasions, in 1944, 1945 & 1946. So as you can see the 1940's earmarked the real emergence of a Spanish football giant.

After the success of the 1940's, the 1950's proved to be a disappointment for Valencia. The club failed to win the League, although they did finish as runner up in 1953 to an excellent Barcelona team. The club however did manage to win the Spanish cup in 1954, this time beating Barcelona. In 1957 a flood really affected Valencia and a few years of turmoil and poor results followed.

In the early 1960's Valencia was accepted in Fairs Cup, a competition that back then was exclusively entered by invitation, and not by way of a good position in the league. Valencia won the competition in 1962 with a 7-3 aggregate victory over Barcelona. They won the competition again in 1963, this time beating Zagreb in the final, 4-1 on aggregate. The league was again a disappointment with no league titles and no real challenges either.

The 1970's saw Valencia win the league title again in 1970/71. The manager who led them to this was the great Alfredo di Stéfano. Alfredo di Stéfano managed the club on three separate occasions, but his most successful spell came between 1970-74 where, as well as La Liga, he also finished as runner up on 2 occasions and reached 3 Spanish Cup finals, unfortunately losing them all. Valencia ended the decade by winning the European Cup winners cup, beating Arsenal on penalties in the final.

Valencia started the 1980's well by winning the European Super cup, beating Nottingham Forest, and in doing so became the first Spanish club to win the trophy. The 1982/83 season was bad for the club, only avoiding relegation on the last day of the season by beating Real Madrid 1-0 and other results going the clubs way. The club came under increased financial pressure, much of which was bought on by the world cup being held in Spain in 1982 and the club having to invest in upgrading the Mestalla. The 1983/84 & 1984/85 seasons were some of the darkest days in the clubs history. The debts began to build up and many players did not get paid during this time. Players were sold to try and service this debt and many young players had to be used.In the 1985/86 season the unthinkable happened, Valencia were relegated to the Second Division. That put an end to 55 consecutive seasons in the elite of the Spanish football, with four League titles, five Copa del Reys, two European Fairs Cups, one Cup Winners' Cup, one Super Cup and a history full of great footballers of international standard. The relegation was the saddest day in the history of Valencia CF.

Valencia were crowned champions of the Second divison in their first year following relegation. The fans had rallied around their club and the numbers of season tickets and club members actually increased. With the reduction in wage bill due to dropping down a division and increased gates the club were able to rectify their financial position. The club slowly built themselves back up and finished the 1988/89 season in 3rd and the 1989/90 season in 2nd.

Recently Valencia won La Liga in the 2001/02 season and again in 2003/04, a season which saw them come from 8 points down on Real Madrid to overhaul them to their 6th, and to date, final league title. Valencia have failed, again to date, to win the biggest trophy of all, the European Champions League despite reaching 2 consecutive finals in 1999/00 & 2000/01.

Valencia CF made a decision during 2005–2006 to construct a new stadium complex in north-west Valencia. The club will move into a new 73,000 all seater stadium, Nou Mestalla, in 2010.

(credit goes to Davehanson)

Season One 2009/2010

Here are my transfer dealings for the first transfer window:

These four players were signed on 48 month installment deals.

I also went on to sign Mamadou Sakho in the January window.

This was the formation and tactics I used throughout the season.

Spent a bit of time on it and it turned out to work very well for me.

End of Season 2009/2010

Finished a very respectable third place. Nine points off Real Madrid. We will try cut that gap for next season.

Lost to Villarreal in the semi final of the Europa League who then went on to beat Wolfsburg in the final. Regret not pushing harder for the win in that game as I felt we could have went on to win the tournament. Anyway its the Champions League for us next season

:thup:

Season 2010/2011

Well we have moved into the 75,000 seater Neuvo Mestalla

This will be of great benefit to us as we are still paying monthly repayments on a gift loan and monthly installments on players signed.

Transfers Summer 2010/2011

Albelda was lacking the ability at the end of last season so I felt the need to replace him. Nigel De Jong was pricey but he fits the role perfectly.

Also brought in Yago and Freddy Adu on loan to strenghten the squad.

Sold a lot of players that were surplus to requirements and managed to rake in £6 million to help with the club finances.

Let my second season begin!!!

My best 11 for the second season:

Very young team. But I feel they have what it takes. My defence is slighly inexperienced but I have confidence in them and early signs look good

So far I've played 5 games in the Liga BBVA and I have won 4 and drawn 1. Only conceded four goals.

In the Champions League my group is as follows:

Inter Milan

Valencia

AZ

Rapid Vien

First game was away to AZ which I lost 1-0 despite playing a strong squad

Second game was at home to Inter Milan at the Nuevo Mestalla and we managed to beat them 1-0 in front of 71200 fans

:)

That is where I am in the game so far and I will post another update soon.

Feel free to follow and discuss

:)

luton

6th game of the new season

Espanyol 1-1 Valencia

Not a great game for us. Villa opened the scoring and it was pretty boring after that. Was fearing a late equaliser and no doubt it arrived on the 83rd minute. An own goal from Sakho. Disappointing and has knocked me off the top spot. We now lie in 4th

Luton, what's your plans for the save? Valencia 'til you die, or something else?

My ambition is to take Valencia to the Liga BBVA title in my third season

After that I want to win the Champions League with Valencia and finally I want to replace Madrid and Barcelona as the top team in Spain :)

Liga BBVA: Xerez 2-5 Valencia

Was an exciting first half scoring 4 goals. Villa scoring a hatrick while Silva and zigic got the other two. Back up to second place one point off top

Champions League: Rapid Vien 0-3 Valencia

Started this game with a weakend side giving my first team players a break. Knowing that they had lost the last two games I wasn't expecting much of a challenge. Zigic opened the scoring early on and Joaquin grabbed one late on which was followed by a Mathieu penalty for a comfortable 2-0 victory over a very average Rapid Vien side.

Now in third place in the group stage with 6 points due to goal difference. Inter Milan and AZ also on 6 points

Liga BBVA: Sevilla 2-0 Valencia

Conceded early. Luis Fabiano. He got his second on 21 minutes. Went in two down at the break after some poor defending. The game finished 2-0 after an awful performance from my boys. Very disappointed

Spanish Cup Fourth Round Leg 1: Ecija 0-2 Valencia

Played a weakened side for this away leg and they did the job. Two goals from Miku was enough to give us a good advantage for the second leg

Liga BBVA: Valencia 5-2 Villareal

We managed to thrash Villareal in a higly anticipated clash at the Nuevo Mestalla. We broke the attendance record with a packed stadium of 75,000 fans. Excellent performance from Defour and Villa both grabbing two goals and Nigel De Jong was the other scorer. This sent our fans home happy and also sent us back up to fourth place three points off top.

Champions League: Valencia 4-0 Rapid Vien

Another comfortable win over Rapid Vien. Villa hit two more goals bringing his overall tally to 16 goals in 12 so far. My two wingers Mata and Hernandez were the other scorers on the night. Now in second place in the group three points ahead of Inter Milan

Liga BBVA: Valencia 3-1 Zaragoza

Another two goals from David Villa gifted us another win to add to a great start to the season. The defence was solid and we created some decent chances. Hernandez finished the scoring on 88 mins and Los Ches go marching on.

Spanish Cup Fourth Round Leg 2: Valencia 5-0 Ecija

Freddy Adu (AMC) Fired home three goals today in front of a 41049 capacity at the Nuevo Mestalla. David Villa scored the other two. He now has 20 goals this season

Liga BBVA: Valencia 1-0 Getafe

Very tight match. 67010 attendance and our fans went home the happier of the two with a late goal from Otamendi in the second minute of added time

Liga BBVA: Almeria 0-0 Valencia

Very dull game which left our fans disappointed. We had 8 shots on tarhet but Diego Alves was equal to every one of them. No goals again from Villa. We drop to third

Champions League: Valencia 0-2 AZ

Very disappointing result. Still in second place but if I lose to Inter Milan in the final game its back to the Europa League

i am actually, just had a little read.

I thought valencia were bankrupt? How coulds you afford to spend so much in your first season?

How have you held on to Villa?

They have a gift loan of just over 40 million pounds and the repayments arent that bad. Bought all my players over 48 month installments. Didnt spend much in the second season though.

Havent had any offers for Villa but Barca have been declaring interest in Silva and wenger has been trying to 'tap-up' Lloris

LIGA BBVA: Valencia 3-0 Valladolid

Two from David Villa gives me the impression that he is worried by the signing of Dzeko and he might be trying to impress me in the run up to January ;) David Silva scored the third to round up a good display.

Up to second in the league :)

Next match Real Madrid at home. Big game but an even bigger game follows, away to Inter Milan, the Group D decider. I will have to think carefully about my team selection for the next game

LIGA BBVA: Valencia 1-0 Real Madrid

Well we did it. We beat Real Madrid and now we are one point off top spot after 15 games. Real Madrid were the better team but we were very strong in defence and we took that chance when we were given it. Sergiy Kryvstov with a header just before half-time.

Next its off to Milan in an attempt to secure a place in the knock-out round of the CL

LIGA BBVA: Betis 1-2 Valencia (Now playing FM 10.2)

Well we bounced back after two straight defeats to scrape a 2-1 victory over 18th placed Betis. Hard to believe they are in the relegation zone as they put up a good fight. David Villa's first goal was gifted to him by a mistake in the Betis back four after 20 mins. Mariano Pavone equalised on 44 mins with a good goal. Good build up and an easy finish after poor defending in my 6 yard box. Villa gave us the lead in the 56th min with a fairly simple goal set up by David Silva. We remain in third place.

LIGA BBVA: Valencia 1-1 Atletico Madrid

Not a bad result but I know we can play better than that. Villa went off injured and we conceded early. Zigic equalised on 46 mins but after that he was poor and we couldn't score. Hence the reason why Dzeko is arriving in January

Big News: Frank Ribery's contract expiring in 6 months

Also considering offering a contract to Ivan Rakitic (AMC) from Shalke as cover for Silva

Barcelona have made a £20 million bid for Ribery instead of waiting 6 months to get him for free. I have offered my contract but its unlikely that he will accept. Fingers crossed.

Team News: Villa out injured for 2-3 weeks but Dzeko has just arrived at the club and he will slot in straight away

Well Barca signed Ribery, Marchena is off to Chelsea and Vicente to Juventus.

Happy to release the wages tbh :)

Spanish Cup 5th Round Leg 1: Athletic 1-0 Valencia

Played a weakened side and paid the price. Fernando Llorente the goal scorer late on. Its all to do at the Nuevo Mestalla.

Liga BBVA: Valebcia 2-0 Tenerife

Not a very exciting one. A goal in either half gave us the win. Nothing spectacular but we march on and are now second in the league. Barcelona, Valencia, Real Madrid on 46 points each but its Barca on top due to the head-head rule.

Spanish Cup 5th Round Leg 2: Valencia 3-1 Athletic

Ahh thats better :) Managed to beat them in the second leg thank god. Goals from Dzeko, Manuel Fernandes and David Silva sealed the win. We progress to the quarter finals

Ye im following, enjoying it.

KUTGW

Cheers MelikeFM :thup:

Okay time for an update. Transfer window just closed and on the last day of the window I completed the signing of Abou Diaby for £3.2 million. His physical stats are just what I need right now to pull the strings in midfield.

LIGA BBVA: Valladolid 2-3 Valencia

This was a very exciting game with all 5 goals scored in the first half. cannobio took the lead after 6 minutes and Mata equalised on 14 mins. Valladolid took the lead again 5 mins later. Another strike from Mata brought the game back to square one on 26 mins. Four minutes later we were gifted an o.g. from Marquitos. Nothing major to comment on for the second half

Spanish Cup Quarter Final Leg 1: Sevilla 2-2 Valencia

With Villa out injured it was up to Edin Dzeko to take control. He did so with 2 goals in the first half to go two up at the break. Second half we got complacent and conceded twice. Looking forward to the second leg.

LIGA BBVA: Valencia 2-4 Elche

This was pretty much a dissaster tbh. Bit of a shock to go 4-0 down (three were scored in the second half) Managed to get two back in the second half. A game full of drama with 6 goals and 2 red cards and a dubious penalty. Dropped much needed points.

Spanish Cup Quarter Final Leg 2: Valencia 5-1 Sevilla

Massive turnaround from the hammering against Elche. It was a risk bringing Villa back into the action in such an important fixture but one that paid off as he managed to pull of a magnificent hat-trick. Mata, having a great season so far picked up the other two. Sevilla recieved 2 red cards (these came after we were 4-0 up) and the only goal for them came from an awful own goal by Otamendi. Through to the semi's :)

LIGA BBVA: Athletic 0-2 Valencia

Pretty standard performance with a goal in either half. Villa started again and managed two goals. David Silva picked up an injury in the Spanish Cup and will be out for 7 weeks so I decided to start Dzeko alongside Villa.

Spanish Cup Semi Final: Racing 1-2 Valencia

We were up 2-0 at half time. Another goal from David Villa and one from Mata. (his tenth goal of the season) Second half was poor from both sides. Racing pulled one back in the 86th minute to improve their chances of a turn-around in the second leg.

Spanish Cup Semi Final Leg 2: Valencia 2-2 Racing

Abou Diaby made his debut tonight. Playing in the AMC role just behind Villa. Had a few selection problems Lloris and Sakho (int) Fernandes (sus) and David Silva (inj)

Oscar Serrano opened the scoring on 37 mins leaving it 2-2 on aggregate but we still lead on away goals. Second half we started well with Villa scoring a well finished goal on 52. Oscar Serrano scored on 57 to make it all square. 3-3 on agg after 90 mins. Extra Time to follow :)

Madness!!! Finished 2-2 on the night. 4-3 on aggregate. We just scraped through into the final. There was only one man who could do it for us in extra time that man was David Villa. He put us through on 107 mins and it was very tense until Clos gomez on 121 mins...Blew the Final Whistle!!! Through to my first ever final with Valencia. Very proud of them. racing put up a good fight fair dues.

Valencia to play Real Madrid in the Spanish Cup Final

Liga BBVA: Malaga 4-2 Valencia

Sent out a weak tonight. My players needed a rest. Malaga were lying in 19th place so I was hoping morale would be low and the players I selected could do a job on them. Started well. Marchena scoring from a corner after just 6 mins but that goal was cancelled out by Nabil Baha of Morocco on 20 mins. He scored again twenty mins later leaving me to question my selection. 2-1 half time. Second half we looked awful. Conceded again on 59 mins and Baha earned himself a hat-trick and man of the match two mins later. Dzeko pulled one back on the 80 min mark making the scoreline that little bit more respectable and so it finished 4-2 at La Rosaleda

Europa Leage 1st Knockout Rnd leg 1: Panathinaikos 2-2 Valencia

Wasnt too excited about this one. Still upset at getting knocked out of the CL. Anyway it was a scoreless first half and Djibril Cisse got his first of two on 54 mins. Hernandez equalised on 66 but Cisse popped up to score again minutes later. It looked like we were going to be heading into the second leg a goal down until the 90th min where Villa got an amazing goal to draw level.

Bad luck there with the Greek tragedy...

It was the dutch who knocked me out of the Champions League group and now the greek make a show out of me. :o

But this means I can push for first place in the Liga BBVA... hopefully :p

Playing online with the H.A.M. Clan tonight so my next update will be after 11.00 pm

Thanks for the interest guys, I am new to the Career Updates forum so any feedback is appreciated :thup:

Have to say this is really interesting mate, you are doing very well.

I have just picked up my Valencia save after a few weeks break due to work etc, and am looking forward to reading more of how our game progresses.

What formation are you using now, still with the 4-1-1-3-1 or have you changed to accomodate 2 strikers?

Love this story mate... I have started up a game on Valencia to ( Patch 10.2 ) Can you tell more about your tactics for the season ??? Im play whit this tactis call "Tactic from a genius 10.2" see the Tactics & Training Tips, it's seem to work ok...

Play 7 Friendly yousing standard tactic. Then swits to "Tactic from a genius Attack"

Buy this Players: Pedro Leon ( Getafe.) Koke ( At, Madrid.) Rafa (At. Madrid.) Alphonse Aréola (PSG.) Daniel Parejo (Getafe.)

Players in for 210 Milion DK... Play in Danish :-)

Sold this: Nacho to Fiorentina. Bajara to Everton.

Sold For 32 Milion DK...

Amkar-Valencia 1-2 Euro Cup Qval. David Silva 2 goal.

Valencia-Amkar 6-0 Euro Cup Qval. Maduro 1,Silva 1,Miguel 1, Villa 3. Goal.

Valencia-Athletic 2-0 Liga. Silva 2 Goal.

Valencia- Sevilla 4-1 Liga. Silva 1,Joaquin 1, Villa 2. Goal

Nac Breda-Val. 0-1 Euro Cup Group K ( Nac Breda,Brügge,CFR Cluj.) Vicente 1 Goal.

Tenerife-Val. 2-2 Liga. Fernandes 1, Villa 1 Goal.

Xerez-Val. 0-1 Liga. Silva 1. Goal.

Val,-CFR Cluj. 2-1 Euro Cup Group K. Michel 2. Goal.

Fist team line up is:

Villa.

Vicente Silva Joaquin

Banega Maduro

Del Horno Navarro Marchena Miguel

César

Sorry my bad english...

Yip. You get silent readers mate. My Eintracht thread doesn't get much action from others but people seem to read it.

It seems the same with my thread, but I know the cause, not enough action! Fair Play I suppose.

That Spanish Cup hopefully should be yours mate :thup:

i've just started with valencia as well on 10.2, u see how much its a 2 horse race in spain compared to the big 4 in england which is getting more like big 6, as i've made big money signings and struggling to beat the mid table teams to keep up even though took 6 points off real and barca :). Getting loads of injuries as well which is soo annoying which the smaller 25 man squads in la liga.

Archived