Players on my shortlist are being sold!

this is an awful problem that really ruins the transfer market in my opinion.

when players get to 6 months from end of contract, i used to get a message in news, not any more - do you think i might want to know that a player ive followed for years is now available for free?!

do you think i might want to know that since i last checked and bid £20m for a player, he has fallen out of favour and is not listed at £5m? no? ok dont tell me, now the AI has snapped him up and i knew NOTHING about it.

this FM doesnt feel like you are in the world of football anymore. any manager watching 10 mins of sky sports news a day would never miss a thing like this!

• Administrators

As said it's an issue we're aware of and looking at for any future patch. I know it's not ideal but you could always create a 'note' on the player for the six month period where his contract is due to expire as a workaround and to make sure you don't miss out on any bosman bargains. As said though, this is something we're aware of and are looking into. Thanks.

Usually if you send either your scout to look for people with 6months left on contract or shortlist all your scouted players or after youve filtered the appropriate players it comes up in news doesnt it....you are correct though..ive missed laods and worst thing is when its your players...I had 3 reserve players,was offering them to other clubs for a total fee of £3m and i then find out the reason people didnt offer for them because theyre contract was nearly expired..had nothing!!

Archived