Bad financial status

So, I'm playing a Swedish lower league team. I had to sign expensive players (for the club that is) costing me a lot of wages to get a decent squad that I'd be happy with. I got promotion in my second season to the first division south. Now, I actually think that my team isn't the way I want it to be.

The problem is that I already started with -5.5 mil Swedish Kr and it's now close to -9 mil Swedish Kr. The status is "insecure" for a year now and we're losing about 1.5 Swedish Kr each year. The chairman doesn't have the resources to get rid of the debt and I have maxed out my wage budget. I can't attract new players because the board holds them back because of the wage budget and financial situation. My players don't sell for a lot of money because of the standing of the league >> value.

I've heard about board takeovers or anything that could mean more cash in the pocket. How realistic is it that something like that is going to happen to my club and will it mean more financial room for me?

Selling or offloading aren't an option. The clubs only offer me about 10,000 to 50,000 Swedish Kr. If I would fire my players, then nothing would be left of my team nor my hopes to do well this season.

So, I hope a restructuring of the board will take place with someone who does have the money. That is a real possibility, isn't it? (I hope so.)

And how many points will I get docked? And when the club goes bankrupt? Will that affect my reputation?

Archived