Not being invited to manage any international teams :-)

I managed Celtic during 2009-10 season - won the league. Top of league now.

But no international job offers. Is this because I have the small database running?

I can't find any international job vacancies under 'Jobs'

What can I do about this?

Cheers

Siggy

Not much you can do mate, you pretty much just have to wait it out until a job comes up then apply. Also if you want to manage a certain international team all you have to do is subscribe to that nations news and you will be notified when the position becomes available. I always get rejected at the higher international teams so I just manage the lower teams to start with.

Of course, if you are desperate for a certain international job - or club job for that matter - you can always use a little 'cheat'. Just add a new manager of the country/club you want to manage, then retire him, and apply for the job with your human manager. Obviously you need to have a high enough reputation to get certain jobs.

I managed Celtic during 2009-10 season - won the league. Top of league now.

But no international job offers. Is this because I have the small database running?

I can't find any international job vacancies under 'Jobs'

What can I do about this?

Cheers

Siggy

Maybe there's just no vacancies at the moment. :)

Wait until the next full tournament has finished... usually a fair few open up right after a World Cup or African Nations amongst others.

Saying that, I've not received any actual international offers yet and I'm in 2019, have won 4 European Champions Cups, 3 Premiership titles, the WCC three or 4 times, the ESC three or four times, the FAC and LC quite a few times.... I think you might have to actually apply for them now rather than wait to be offered. I could be wrong, but I would've expected an approach or two by now.

You're right; you're not being funny.

Funny or not, the sentiment is true. The OP hasn't achieved anything, but wodners why he hasn't been offered any international jobs :confused: If it was the other way round, he was getting plenty of offers, i'd think something was wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses. I wasn't saying that because I had won the SPL I would expect to have the Italian and Brazilian FAs fighting over my services. But in the past, after a WC you would see lots of jobs being available - through news items "Swedish FA and Fred Bloggs part company" etc - but nothing seemed to happen after the SA WC. I am happy to bide my team and see who gets sacked. I enjoy the international management side.

You could also try out U-21 (or lower) management now that it's fixed. I reckon that might help.

Also as alluded too you may want to wait until after the World Cup (if you haven't) or failing that, the end of the 2012 qualifying, as jobs often come up at these points.

You may be hamstrung by a small database mind, as if a nation doesn't have sufficient players you won't be able to manage the international team.

Good luck - haven't managed an international team myself for a while but it can be fun - I remember in 01/02 managing Nigeria in the World Cup - although I was sacked for coming bottom of the group it was a good stepping stone to eventually being England manager.

well im not being funny but i could win the scottish league as celtic with no legs and a blindfold.

Managing Celtic is not as easy as your suggesting. If you don't believe me then just ask Tony Mowbray!!!

Archived