Whats the deal with co-owning?

I see alot of this crap going on in Italy, how does this system work though? Does he spend half the season at each club? Plus when I bid for 50% stake will the clubs opinion on your bid vary? It's just there's this kid, Parloschi. He's going to be huge if I can get him but I need to know how this co ownership thing works. I usest to know but I haven't been on FM since 05 so my football knowledge faded away.. ;)

I've never used it, but I think it's something along the lines of...

In the beginning, Team 1 owns the player outright.

Team 2 then buys "co-ownership". At this moment, player moves to Team 2 but is still under contract at Team 1 as well as his new ontract with Team 2 - kind of like with a loan deal, but where the player doesn't return at the end.

The contract will have a "buy-back" price, which will allow Team 1 to get the player back at any time, with neither team able to renegotiate the price once it has been set in the original agreement, but until that happens, the player can only play for Team 2.

If Team 3 wants to buy the player, they have to buy out both contracts, which means agreeing a price with both clubs. Whichever team the player is currently playing for will generally ask a larger sum than the one he is not currently playing for.

That's my take on it anyway, but it's only speculation... as I said, I've never actually used it myself and every time I've tried buying a player who belongs to 2 different clubs, I've ended up getting frustrated at the negotiations and buying someone else instead. :D

Team 2 then buys "co-ownership". At this moment, player moves to Team 2 but is still under contract at Team 1 as well as his new ontract with Team 2 - kind of like with a loan deal, but where the player doesn't return at the end.

The contract will have a "buy-back" price, which will allow Team 1 to get the player back at any time, with neither team able to renegotiate the price once it has been set in the original agreement, but until that happens, the player can only play for Team 2.

If Team 3 wants to buy the player, they have to buy out both contracts, which means agreeing a price with both clubs. Whichever team the player is currently playing for will generally ask a larger sum than the one he is not currently playing for.

That's my take on it anyway, but it's only speculation... as I said, I've never actually used it myself and every time I've tried buying a player who belongs to 2 different clubs, I've ended up getting frustrated at the negotiations and buying someone else instead. :D

I need this Paloschi geezer he's dubbed to be the next paolo rossi as gay as this co ownership deal sounds i'm gonna do whatever I can to get him!

1. when the 2nd team wants to "co-own" there's a clause that state where the player will be, at the buying club or stay in his previous club. It also state how long they wil stay there.

2. there is no "buy-back" price, at the end of agreed time both team must make a bid with the highest price win and the money paid to the looser. But there is also an option to postpone the bidding so the player stay another season in his current club.

3. yeah true, as the 3rd team want to buy the player they must negotiate with both owner. but most likely the team that had the player play for them is the one who always rejecting the offer.

1. when the 2nd team wants to "co-own" there's a clause that state where the player will be, at the buying club or stay in his previous club. It also state how long they wil stay there.

2. there is no "buy-back" price, at the end of agreed time both team must make a bid with the highest price win and the money paid to the looser. But there is also an option to postpone the bidding so the player stay another season in his current club.

3. yeah true, as the 3rd team want to buy the player they must negotiate with both owner. but most likely the team that had the player play for them is the one who always rejecting the offer.

Aaaah, OK, that makes sense. Thanks for that!

Archived