Can someone from SI tell me who is there source when it comes to players injuries, and expected time to recover from an injury.

5 to 7 weeks for a fractured wrist in professional football is crazy.

btw i work in the medical business, orthopeedics is not my speciality but i can tell you that 6 years of university plus a year of internship i think i probably know what i'm talking about.

And the virus injury, please be more specific!!! Okay?

A fractured wrist can take that long to fully heal, particularly if the player in question is not fully resting it. However, in most cases in the game the player is able and more than capable of playing through much of the injury period, with the exception of goalies. If it is a bit long it's perhaps a case of better safe than sorry

As for viruses, I think as it is is currently best for the casual gamer, although I personally would like to see more specifics.

However, fret not! GillsMan has made a rather impressive update adding and improving on the injuries model, which can be found here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=163936. It's much more detailed regarding the different types of injuries and includes a number of new ones, and I highly recommend it!

:)

Archived