Suggestion: Investing career earnings in a club

I would like to see something like this, however, career earnings is such a bit bracket, that it would be hard. If you earn £30,000,000 over 10 years, you don't necessarily have £30,000,000 in the bank. You could have sponged it all away by that point.

I would like to see a feature though, where the managers wages can be used for in-game things. (Not like a house and car). For example, I wanted to buy Doogie Freedman for my Croydon Municipal side. He was valued at £500 - but I had no transfer funds, and no option to ask for them. I would have happilly paid the money out of my own pocket :p

I would like to see something like this, however, career earnings is such a bit bracket, that it would be hard. If you earn £30,000,000 over 10 years, you don't necessarily have £30,000,000 in the bank. You could have sponged it all away by that point.

I would like to see a feature though, where the managers wages can be used for in-game things. (Not like a house and car). For example, I wanted to buy Doogie Freedman for my Croydon Municipal side. He was valued at £500 - but I had no transfer funds, and no option to ask for them. I would have happilly paid the money out of my own pocket :p

Yeah, of course not all your career earnings are invested some go towards homes etc but a little just to put a little more fun into non league.

i would love for that to be intruduced.

how about if you are massively successfull with a top 4 team and you earn alot of money every week, maybe you could force a takeover of a smaller club while still managing your club and watching out for the smaller club and hope to make a tidy profit on the money that you have invested into the club that you can take over.

Suggested a number of times but I can't see it being introduced. Not very realistic is it?

How is it not realistic? It's your money, you do whatever you want with it! You can't spend it in any other way, so why not use it to make your job a little easier?

It would turn into Football Chairman 2011

So friggin what? If you want realism, you have to include the options a real live manager has. If he has a slump of cash stashed around, joins a new club and thinks, "this seems like a good investment", who will say, "NO, that's not realistic!"?

So friggin what? If you want realism, you have to include the options a real live manager has. If he has a slump of cash stashed around, joins a new club and thinks, "this seems like a good investment", who will say, "NO, that's not realistic!"?

FM will never take this route if you want this play Fifa Manger

FM will never take this route if you want this play Fifa Manger

Heard that one before.. I will never play Fifa Manager, but that doesn't ban me from ever agreeing with with a suggestion.

And have you heard of punctuation? It's a new german vehicle that adds "sudden stop" and "comma" to the list of safety measures!

Heard that one before.. I will never play Fifa Manager, but that doesn't ban me from ever agreeing with with a suggestion.

Im not having a dig im stating that SI have said this will not be put into the game. I to would never play Fifa Manager ive seen it being played it looks rubish

Im not having a dig im stating that SI have said this will not be put into the game. I to would never play Fifa Manager ive seen it being played it looks rubish

Then we agree on something. :) Excuse the edit in my last post, but I'm not having a good day :s

Then we agree on something. :) Excuse the edit in my last post, but I'm not having a good day :s

And have you heard of punctuation? It's a new german vehicle that adds "sudden stop" and "comma" to the list of safety measures!

Ironically, your punctuation in that second quoted post, is incorrect on at least 3 occasions. ;)

I would think ''NO, that's not realistic''

Its a stupid gimmicky idea but ya if you want to turn Football Manager into Fifa manager then be my guest.

Remember Anelka's brother who had cash and invested in a club and made himself manager. Look how that turned out

Why is it not realistic i read somewhere that the Neville brothers were suplying Bury to help with finances.

Because it's so rare, and when it does happen it's never a considerable amount of finance (which implementing this would allow) unless it's the case that the manager in question actually owns a stake in the club - and the 'chairman manager' route isn't a good one. It's just not a common enough occurance to merit implementation, and having it in the game would most likely just create unrealistic scenarios.

The Nevilles aren't managers either are they? So it's not a very relevent example..

:)

Because it's so rare, and when it does happen it's never a considerable amount of finance (which implementing this would allow) unless it's the case that the manager in question actually owns a stake in the club - and the 'chairman manager' route isn't a good one. It's just not a common enough occurance to merit implementation, and having it in the game would most likely just create unrealistic scenarios.

The Nevilles aren't managers either are they? So it's not a very relevent example..

:)

It may not happen enough IRL, but we aren't all playing together in one big game (network games aside), so I don't really see it being a problem, unless all the AI managers started doing the same. :)

It may not happen enough IRL, but we aren't all playing together in one big game (network games aside), so I don't really see it being a problem, unless all the AI managers started doing the same. :)

It doesn't happen - and I can't ever see SI including it. It'd just lead to people adding themselves at a big club, quitting after a few months and then going to a smaller club and propping it up on their previous earnings, which just doesn't happen. If you want a small club to have an unrealistic amount or source of income, use the editor.

The user should never have the advantage over the AI as such, as you suggest, either. If it were to be introduced, AI managers would surely have to have the same abilities.

:confused:

It doesn't happen - and I can't ever see SI including it. It'd just lead to people adding themselves at a big club, quitting after a few months and then going to a smaller club and propping it up on their previous earnings, which just doesn't happen. If you want a small club to have an unrealistic amount or source of income, use the editor.

The user should never have the advantage over the AI as such, as you suggest, either. If it were to be introduced, AI managers would surely have to have the same abilities.

:confused:

I can't see SI including it either, but I'd still like to see the feature included. I quite like the idea of starting off small, going big, then buying out a smaller team or being a sort of sugar daddy, and taking them to glory. For the long term save players, it looks like a good prospective to put what you've earned into something worthwhile. Personally, I've been managing Leeds and have not been able to afford a player I've needed, and I would like to be able to pump my own funds into a transfer.

I'm not sure if I'm making much sense mate. :rolleyes:

I can't see SI including it either, but I'd still like to see the feature included. I quite like the idea of starting off small, going big, then buying out a smaller team or being a sort of sugar daddy, and taking them to glory. For the long term save players, it looks like a good prospective to put what you've earned into something worthwhile. Personally, I've been managing Leeds and have not been able to afford a player I've needed, and I would like to be able to pump my own funds into a transfer.

I'm not sure if I'm making much sense mate. :rolleyes:

You're making sense. :thup:

However the whole idea of essentially acting as a sugar daddy, or even just propping up the club on your own finances (as a shareholder perhaps, or at least as a stakeholder) isn't a direction that it seems SI want to go down, and with good reason. Few players and managers in reality have the money available to do such, prefering to be extravagant and extrovert when they have the chance, so I think including such a feature would delve into areas of private life that the game should be well avoiding.

While long-term career managers may see a benefit, I think overwhelmingly such a feature would be used in a wholly unrealistic manner.

• SI Staff

We've still got lots of things we want to do with the manager role before thinking about potentially expanding any other roles in the game. Even then it's highly unlikely it would be the chairman role.

I would much rather see something like director of football and head coach roles being developed like you find in a lot of European countries.

You're making sense. :thup:

However the whole idea of essentially acting as a sugar daddy, or even just propping up the club on your own finances (as a shareholder perhaps, or at least as a stakeholder) isn't a direction that it seems SI want to go down, and with good reason. Few players and managers in reality have the money available to do such, prefering to be extravagant and extrovert when they have the chance, so I think including such a feature would delve into areas of private life that the game should be well avoiding.

While long-term career managers may see a benefit, I think overwhelmingly such a feature would be used in a wholly unrealistic manner.

I'm 100% behind keeping out of buying houses, cars, and buying stupid things like that, but I still find bankrolling a team from the lower leagues to premiership glory is really appealing. I don't particularly see how it can be implemented, because you'd obviously receive money for your investment, and then be able to put it into another team, thus making it a tycoon game. If SI were able to implement this, they'd have to do so with care, so it doesn't change from a SIM manager game to a SIM tycoon game.

Maybe a check box at the start for those who want it? :rolleyes:

We've still got lots of things we want to do with the manager role before thinking about potentially expanding any other roles in the game. Even then it's highly unlikely it would be the chairman role.

I would much rather see something like director of football and head coach roles being developed like you find in a lot of European countries.

I think the Director of Football's role in real life would have to be expanded first :p

It doesn't really happen in real life, so it's not exactly realistic. More realistic would be if the club doesn't have a big enough wage budget and the manager is after a high qality player who'd improve the team alot, and the fans are all in favour of him joining say on a 3 month loan, and they club together and pay that players wage for the time he's there (or make up the difference anyway). Admittedly that only happens lower down the ladder due to lack of funds, but that'd be more realistic than what's proposed in the OP, as it actually happens in real life (not too often, and should only be applied in the game if the fans agree it's a massive signing which will help the club big time).

Napoli fans got together to pay over 1 billion lira for the Maradona transfer after the Napoli chairman was a bit short.

I don't like the idea of a manager being able to spend all of his money on players and his club, because quite frankly that would not happen in real life. Maybe if this is to be introduced, maybe only allow it once a manager has been at the club for over a decade or is on the legends list. This would mean that you are basically loyal and part of the club and it would not be that far fetched for you to help the club you love. (or only allow it for the club you support.)

I would hate to see a new manager with no history at a club (but a wealthy manager) to move to a club and invest millions of his own money days in. That is very unrealistic.

However I wouldn't mind seeing fans helping out on very rare occasions to push the club along.

Totally agree with this idea. The problem the game has at the moment is they say "You have been offered a contract at £1,299 a week" and you just think, "So??"

I'd slap myself silly for offering myself that amount!!

Archived