I am so bored and frustrated

I will say comming on these forums and reading everyone complaining about the game as put me off playing the game big time. well at least untill the new patch comes out. i didnt and woudnt have a clue about all the problems going on with the game if id have stayed away. just reading the tital of some threads puts me off.

so why am i bored? because ive no game to play untill the new patch comes out and i dont really enjoy doing much else in the evening. in fact i dont have any copys of previous fms so i carnt play them so what do i do. is there anything i could be doing on fm10 with the current patch that will keep me busy and maybe keep my mind off the bugs that come with it or do i stick my head in the sand and wait wait wait. god dam its xmas time and i feel so depressed:(

ridergirl09

I will say comming on these forums and reading everyone complaining about the game as put me off playing the game big time. well at least untill the new patch comes out. i didnt and woudnt have a clue about all the problems going on with the game if id have stayed away. just reading the tital of some threads puts me off.

so why am i bored? because ive no game to play untill the new patch comes out and i dont really enjoy doing much else in the evening. in fact i dont have any copys of previous fms so i carnt play them so what do i do. is there anything i could be doing on fm10 with the current patch that will keep me busy and maybe keep my mind off the bugs that come with it or do i stick my head in the sand and wait wait wait. god dam its xmas time and i feel so depressed:(

ridergirl09

Why not just buy an old one from Amazon? I remember buying CM 03/04 for a pound from there ages ago. Its a classic!

ridergirl09

Not to be mean, but I'd suggest not reading the forums (or at least this one). I feel the same way, but I still play the game and have a great deal of enjoyment from the game.

Why not just buy an old one from Amazon? I remember buying CM 03/04 for a pound from there ages ago. Its a classic!

i know this may sound odd but i dont really have a bank card to be able to buy from online strange i know and cannot really afford to purchase fm09 again being its xmas but thanks for the idea

Not to be mean, but I'd suggest not reading the forums (or at least this one). I feel the same way, but I still play the game and have a great deal of enjoyment from the game.

ive spent the last 5 days just reading post after post each evening just while i wait for the new patch but maybe staying away after the new patch is released and not comming on again till mid feb is probs a good idea

Try making your own opinion of it instead of reading the titles of other members' posts??

i did at first and thought it was and is a fantastic game and it took all my time up but i feel part of a family comming on these forums if i need help and always getting a answer day or night. dont really want to miss out on that but it looks like ill have to soon

Believe me, the patch won't make THAT much difference to the current game. What are the issues you have with it as it stands?

well i didnt have any problems to start off with but after reading post after post complaint after complaint i guess they have got stuck in my head and i dont want to start a new game till they patch it. namley long shots, defenders unable to tackle, missing out on my shortlisted players, the problems with regens making a long term game unplayerble and my biggest gripe is that bloody lines man pointing the flag the wrong way:D

I'm in the same boat. I am waiting until the new patch to start playing again. I play the long term career type games starting low and working my way up to the top clubs. By the time I'm at a successful top euro team I'mlookiing at buyingregens to build my lower ranks. I have seen many thread on the regen isuues. Hopefully they will be fixed. Also i have read quite a few problems regarding the match engine. Morale seems to make formations irrelevant, I tried this with my Southampton save. I was won 9 lost 1, morale superb throughout the squad. I played a 4-4-2 then decided to try the 3-2-6 formation and won easily still, tried a 2-6-3 and again was easily winning. Next up I decided to lose a match on purpose and then in the next match try the attacking formations. This time morale had dipped to good and v.good and these attacking formations didnt work at all.

I'm in the same boat. I am waiting until the new patch to start playing again. I play the long term career type games starting low and working my way up to the top clubs. By the time I'm at a successful top euro team I'mlookiing at buyingregens to build my lower ranks. I have seen many thread on the regen isuues. Hopefully they will be fixed. Also i have read quite a few problems regarding the match engine. Morale seems to make formations irrelevant, I tried this with my Southampton save. I was won 9 lost 1, morale superb throughout the squad. I played a 4-4-2 then decided to try the 3-2-6 formation and won easily still, tried a 2-6-3 and again was easily winning. Next up I decided to lose a match on purpose and then in the next match try the attacking formations. This time morale had dipped to good and v.good and these attacking formations didnt work at all.

to be fair there are lots of problems with the match engine from what ive read and im too not willing to start a long term game untill they are fixed its a shame really because i absolutly love the game and hate being not able to play it i feel gutted

just buy the game, it's the best edition so far and i thought 2009 would be hard to top! haven't liked any versions as much as these last two since 01/02 and cm2.

sorry if i didnt make myself clear ive allready got the game just sad i carnt bring myself to play it untill the new patch comes out

The people on here complaining about the game are in the minority, the majority are happily playing away and not writing on the forums.

i grasp that and think ill be staying away after the patch sorry to say that but i dont think ill be able to go through what im going through now

i grasp that and think ill be staying away after the patch sorry to say that but i dont think ill be able to go through what im going through now

Or just stay away from General Discussion. I spend more time in other forums like CSE, where people are enjoying the game.

Or just stay away from General Discussion. I spend more time in other forums like CSE, where people are enjoying the game.

this is the best advice I could give as well. I spend a lot of time in there just reading some of the signups and doing challenges

ridergirl09

Try the editor :) That's the only I'm doing atm as I don't like the regen system and refusing to play short games :(

Can anyone here tell me if you are experiencing the same issues as i am?

1. players miss too many one on ones. I have Gignac and Hoarau and miss and miss altough they have 17 in finishing and have 14 and 15 in composure and there pace is pretty good.

2. booking. almost no booking when a player has a clear path towards goal, but you get booked by jumping unfairly in centerfield.

Can anyone here tell me if you are experiencing the same issues as i am?

1. players miss too many one on ones. I have Gignac and Hoarau and miss and miss altough they have 17 in finishing and have 14 and 15 in composure and there pace is pretty good.

2. booking. almost no booking when a player has a clear path towards goal, but you get booked by jumping unfairly in centerfield.

yes i do experience these problems, i played as man utd and rooney missed every one on one in my first season but for some strange reason he didnt have any problems scoring 25-30 yarders also when rooney did get tackled and fouled by the last man i remmember the last defender only ever receving 1 red card all season

The bugs effect everyone though.

TBH i dont really mind the bugs that much, in fact the only one i have really seen is the long shots one and recently the shorlisted players bug. I am thoruoghly enjoying my current Milan save and am probably going to keep playing it after the patch is out.

Archived