Cheaters

Don't do it. From my experience I can't play a cheated game for more than 1 season. After I have fun with the experiment I don't feel like its "my" team, its just a cheated team. If you stick with your underperforming Newcastle side and succeed it will feel that much better. Just stick to it.

i am mostly annoyed because I have kind of taken a backsetep

1 Season - Won Promotion 1st

2 Season - 12th

3 Season - 12th

4 Season - 9th

5 Season - 7 th

6 Season - 7th

7 Season - 6th

8 Season - 4

9 Season - 4

10 Season - 5

And my players are getting older and not enough money to rebuild fully

With Newcastle

i am mostly annoyed because I have kind of taken a backsetep

1 Season - Won Promotion 1st

2 Season - 12th

3 Season - 12th

4 Season - 9th

5 Season - 7 th

6 Season - 7th

7 Season - 6th

8 Season - 4

9 Season - 4

10 Season - 5

And my players are getting older and not enough money to rebuild fully

With Newcastle

Dont be anouyed you have taken newcastle to just under the top 4 spot if funds are tight look to the future look for good regens that can be brought cheaply and can be sold on later at a profit. Also if funds are that bad shift some dead wood trim the squad even if its getting rid of 1 player a year. I have been slowly reducing my wages at Chelsea its gone from being nearly £1.8M to 1.4M p/w in around 2 seasons with around anouther 90k p/w to come off at the end of the season

I was just wondering

Those people who cheat in the game by adding another manager and gaining transfer funds

How do you keep morivated ?

As I usually manage three or four clubs in a save game (no transfers between my own clubs) I normally make one stinking rich (Usually my own club Rotherham :)).

The way I look at it - real-life takeovers by multi-millionaires/billionaires happen, so why not do it in game? I enjoy going out and blowing three hundred million on taking a club from League 2 to Champions League!

I also enjoy taking a club from the very bottom division in England all the way to the Premiership without cheating at all.

The variation in my teams and what I do with each of them keeps me motivated.

As I usually manage three or four clubs in a save game (no transfers between my own clubs) I normally make one stinking rich (Usually my own club Rotherham :)).

The way I look at it - real-life takeovers by multi-millionaires/billionaires happen, so why not do it in game? I enjoy going out and blowing three hundred million on taking a club from League 2 to Champions League!

I also enjoy taking a club from the very bottom division in England all the way to the Premiership without cheating at all.

The variation in my teams and what I do with each of them keeps me motivated.

That no transfers thing, so say you are in charge of Leeds in League One and Everton in the Premiership, can you not use them as like feeder clubs, buying promising youngsters from the low clubs and sending promising youngsters to the low clubs?

And, on topic, everybody plays the game their own way, and everybody enjoys it different ways. Some enjoy a challenge of climbing the ladder with poor clubs. While others do that with budget, some use budget as bigger clubs and some people just use big clubs and see if they can get in the hall of fame or something. Each to their own.

You have done nearly 10 seasons and got Newcastle into the top 4- surely the real challenge starts now. Adding new manager etc after 10 years of playing would seem like a real waste to a good save. If you want loads of money then why not start a new game with Real madrid. :)

I usually edit the Scottish leagues to make all the teams billionares and have the top facilities, 80,000 seater stadiums ect ect for a bit of fun when i get bored of playing properly. I usually only last about 1/2 season before i get bored of it and go back to my long term saves. Also as people say when you win things it usually feels pretty hollow and no sense of achievment. Stick with your current save and take Newcastle to the top.

Sometimes it's fun to simply get the players you want - right now. Sometimes it's fun to deliberately relegate a team.

Football Manager is basically a God-mode simulation anyway - the AI is rather limited in the sense that a human being can eventually learn the system while the computer is stuck with what has been pre-programmed.

I get kicks editing some players and teams, such as adding and removing old rivals, tinkering with finances, forcing board takeovers and so on. Just to make things interesting.

That no transfers thing, so say you are in charge of Leeds in League One and Everton in the Premiership, can you not use them as like feeder clubs, buying promising youngsters from the low clubs and sending promising youngsters to the low clubs?

And, on topic, everybody plays the game their own way, and everybody enjoys it different ways. Some enjoy a challenge of climbing the ladder with poor clubs. While others do that with budget, some use budget as bigger clubs and some people just use big clubs and see if they can get in the hall of fame or something. Each to their own.

I sometimes - but not very often - loan players from my bigger club(s) to my smaller club(s).

However, I would never sell any player from one of my clubs to another, because even if I felt the deal was fair, other clubs would robbly pay more/less so I would feel I had cheated with it.

And as for selling promising youngsters from my small club to my big club, that would be the biggest no-no of all. I always do everything in my power to keep my best players at little clubs, so if I wouldn't accept a bid from an AI team, I shouldn't accept it from my own club either.

That is just my way of playing though, and as you correctly said, everyone plays the game their own way, so I think people should just do whatever give them the most fun.

I have only done that (add a new dummy manager to the game) to 'manipulate' a transfer..... for example, if i'm not too far into the game, and a major transfer happened IRL, but i dont feel like starting a new game, i'll add a new manager and try and make that transfer happen.

Don't do it. From my experience I can't play a cheated game for more than 1 season. After I have fun with the experiment I don't feel like its "my" team, its just a cheated team. If you stick with your underperforming Newcastle side and succeed it will feel that much better. Just stick to it.

This.

I've done it once or twice, and never was able to finish the season out because I lost interest.

Last year on 09 I did it in a game with Bayern. I was trying to buy Marko Marin from Gladbach, but couldn't get them to sell. He wanted out of Gladbach and wanted to move to Munich, and I even offered them well over his value for him. I eventually got fed up, added another manager and bought Marin. I gave them decent money as well as loaded off a replacement player to them. A few months later in the season I just got tired of it, and felt guilty. So I started over.

OP, why dont you try and force a takeover? There is something you can do using FMRTE to try to make a takeover much more likely. You may get a tycoon, or maybe not, but at least it will keep it real....... certainly more real than raiding another clubs cash. Ive never done this or used FMRTE but ive read about it on here.

Just a word of warning though, i was in much the same situation with Newcastle on 09 and i got a Latvian tycoon takeover and give me £150 miilion a year transfer budgets. It ruined the game for me. It wasn't much fun knowing i could buy anyone at the drop of a hat.

i'm with newcastle and getting a bit bored but i didn't cheat.

i was taken oven in first season by a tycoon and ever since have had money thrown at me and a new stadium built.

i just have to keep reminding myself that i didn't cheat and this is how the game has panned out for me

I never adjust games I deem to be my "proper" saves. I have a couple of Newcastle ones that are as pure as they can be (sacked in one, 6th in the Prem at Xmas, third season in the second) and a Leeds save where I am mid-table in the Championship, second season. Currently on a Man City save, though, with an amended value and transfer budget to reflect real life, purely to see how quickly I can win the league whilst sticking as close to what I believe I'd do in real life, ie, only replacing players who are under-performing. Bought David Villa in January for around £70million because Adebayor had only got me 8 goals - Villa got me 28 goals by the end of the season, and Adebayor became my supersub. So it was quite nice to see that. Doubt it'll be long term as I'll go back to one of the "pure" ones when the next patch comes out.

I should add, though, that I never count my "adjusted" games as achievements.

My first save on FM10 was a "pure" Man City save too, running two seasons to date, 3rd in first season, winning the league in my second season, so I was quite happy with that.

By the summer I'll be editing the game to give myself new challenges and the like, but I'd hardly count it as cheating. It's just fun.

To properly "cheat" I think you have to claim something like "I won the league with Hull in my first season, aren't I great?" when you gave Hull Messi, Rooney and J. Terry and an unlimited transfer budget. If you aren't bragging or anything I have no objection to people "cheating". It's your game, so if you don't feel like you're cheating yourself you probably aren't.

But in response to the OP, can I suggest you hit the "save as" option and give it a new name? THEN do the cheating thing. That way if you feel dirty and unfulfilled you can go back to your original save and delete the nasty corrupted game. Or if you don't, you can just carry on.

The motivation without cheating is at the end of the season after Tv rights come through seeing you have a transfer budget of £16m for a newly promoted team is ideal.....just keep goign with Newcastle,sign free transfers when they are 28/30 and sell them when they are 30/32 for a Million it mounts up,keeping your wage budget down is always important.sign a good scout out of contract and send him to do all kinds of assignemnts,hell find decent players in leageus below/abroad!good luck

I used to use CM Scout, various savegame editors etc back in the day (00/01, 01/02), but have grown up a bit now and do it properly.

IMO cheating is quite harmless in a singleplayer game, as you're only cheating yourself: its multiplayer cheating which gets on my wick.

Some real fun things to do with editors/trainers

*Grab the best regens and edit their skills to fit their position but without changing their CAs

*Limit the number of "non country grown" players allowed in domestic league to 3 and watch AI spend the entire budget on foreigners

*Sign the worst possible players ever and edit their best position to 25 ( you can rise that to 90 but then you will win all games like 15-0 , not fun) , then sell those 1000% over their price and return their position to normal after they are sold ( 1000% means that you will probably get 200.000€ )

*Add a B team to a real division , let them win the cup and play in European competition.

*Edit your coaches perfect and give them 3.000€ / week contract expiring at 2099 , stops clubs from bidding them .

*Remove all injuries with the editor ( but do not use "very hard" training schedules )

*Real time edit the worst teams of each division as filthy rich at the start of the 2nd round

*Edit your GK at positional rating 90 and watch 3D match , scoring from 100 yards rocks!

*Reload on CL drawings so you play with the strongest opponents , try to get the most obscure team ( I had one from Montenegro in fm07) into the final and lose to them.

*Change the continental rating so Europeans are moving to South America and not the opposite.

edit: forgot the best one , reverse editing reputation of divisions so lower gets a 20 and higher gets 1

I should add, though, that I never count my "adjusted" games as achievements.

My first save on FM10 was a "pure" Man City save too, running two seasons to date, 3rd in first season, winning the league in my second season, so I was quite happy with that.

By the summer I'll be editing the game to give myself new challenges and the like, but I'd hardly count it as cheating. It's just fun.

To properly "cheat" I think you have to claim something like "I won the league with Hull in my first season, aren't I great?" when you gave Hull Messi, Rooney and J. Terry and an unlimited transfer budget. If you aren't bragging or anything I have no objection to people "cheating". It's your game, so if you don't feel like you're cheating yourself you probably aren't.

But in response to the OP, can I suggest you hit the "save as" option and give it a new name? THEN do the cheating thing. That way if you feel dirty and unfulfilled you can go back to your original save and delete the nasty corrupted game. Or if you don't, you can just carry on.

THAT is an amazing coincidence! Those three players are the EXACT three I gave to Rotherham, aswell as £400m. I won't be coming on here to brag when I inevitably get us to he top, but this is my fun as I will never se this happen to Rotherham in real-life. Also, I have got Rotherham to the top before - without cheating - but by that time most of the real-life players had retired, which means I would never get the chance to see JT, Messi or Rooney playing for us.

THAT is an amazing coincidence! Those three players are the EXACT three I gave to Rotherham, aswell as £400m. I won't be coming on here to brag when I inevitably get us to he top, but this is my fun as I will never se this happen to Rotherham in real-life. Also, I have got Rotherham to the top before - without cheating - but by that time most of the real-life players had retired, which means I would never get the chance to see JT, Messi or Rooney playing for us.

Seems fair - we all have our own favourite clubs and not every one of them is a superpower in world football. By the time you take Rotherham to the Premier League "properly" (there is, after all, no "right" way of playing this game), Big Man John Terry will be much worse through age.

But this "JT" guy is overrated and Rotherham is about his level, to be honest.

Generally I use a RTE for a certain amount of things:

*The Staff - It's a personal thing, I just can't wrap my head around certain aspects of the coaching attributes and generally boost those that are already high (15+).

*Players - All 'gens get a +50 pts to their PA when they come through the club's academy (United). Generally because I just don't see someone coming through that isn't at least Championship/Limited Prem potential. However the training is down to me and if a player isn't good enough at the end of their development then I haven't done the best for them.

*Nat Fit + Stamina do sometimes get a +5 boost but this is random on if I do it.

Why? I just into playing the games this way and I enjoy it. Doesn't make the game easier, actually it makes it harder (keeping all the youngsters).

Bestie.

I admit I cheat every time I play the game, and Ill tell you why and how: I always start the game with AFC Wimbledon. I then let my dog take control of MK Dons. With some interpretation, I always accpt his offer on all my reserve team players, and those generally too old or too bad to hang with (to this day I really cant understand why he want them, but Im good hearted, so I just cant refuse him when he looks at me with those big brown sad eyes (hes a beagle named Vinny)). After that is done, for some funny reason he looses interest, and just retires, for some odd reason, leaving me alone to play...Well, to be fair, they cheated IRL, so why shouldnt I cheat on them in game? When I in season 2016-17 (normally around that time) meet them again in either d1 or d2, he tends to pop out demanding control of them again (specially if Im having a bad day and just dont wanna loose to MK in a game). I admit Im a cheater, are there something like AC (anonymous cheaters) I could join?

I edited my game on fm09 by giving myself (West Ham) a £50 mil starting budget, it was clearly much less than that due to financial circumstances ;). I then went on to have the best long term save I've ever had, I went till 2019 and then lost slight motivation when I insisted on playing young players who had came through the acadcemy or was still in it, with an odd experienced professional and I was still winning most games.

Because it can be fun to create your idea of the best team in the world at any given moment and see how they perform; besides it's only a game and therefore supposedly fun why is everyone so po-faced about it?

I cheat, lie, drink too much, restart the game, edit the hell out of it etc etc

and sometimes I add other managers and do unspeakable things to their team.

Hi, I'm Harry and I have a problem :(

I edited Queens Park in the Scottish 3rd to make them professional and gave them a sugar daddy to see if I could role back the centuries and make them the top team in Scotland and assault Europe. Doesn't count as cheating in my book. Was the best save I have had so far. Not a lot different to taking control of Notts Co with no editing in my book

You are only cheating if you are lying to yourself or others about how you are doing what you are doing.

My name is Phil and it may be you sir that has the problem.

Archived