Biggest frustrations with your team/game

Not a rant, but one of those occassions where I feel the need to vent after some awful displays by my team.

Coming up to crunch time in the season and in the last 2 games I've had wigan and blackburn, both ended 0-0 and I've lost my lead in the title race and even fallen 2 points behind. Anyway, the most frustrating thing is a strike force boasting Robinho, Drogba, Aguero, Anelka and Zigic have amassed just shy of 70 shots in 2 matches, with not a single goal.

Anyway, this has had to be one of the most frustrating failings of one of my sides on FM... I have lost the league title, and the last 5 games has seen me fall out of europe with only 3 goals from over 130 shots.

i was frustrated that i broke the 15 game winning streak set by real madrid for la liga but the sixteenth game was at home to racing and my seventeenth was at the bernabeu. would much rather have took the record off them on their own patch, but since they beat me 3-2 after a 2nd min red card it's probably better that the record was sewn up!

My most frustrating game was certainly when I managed Pro Vercelli in Serie C2. I was do superbly, and although the media predicted us for mid-table obscurity, we were top of the league by 17 points in January. But then suddenly, without warning the wheels fell off. My star striker Anderson suddenly forgot how to score, and by the end of the season we somehow managed to finish 5th. It would be fair to say I was a little angry, and I sold a large chunk of the team.

Unfortunately, that save is now over. I failed to dominate the next season and was sacked. :(

winning 2-0 at half time and loosing or drawing by the end of the game

2-0 at half time is murder for team talks. If its one nil you can put "Encourage" but 2-0

I tend to go for 'pleased' at a 2-0 lead, but there is always a risk that my players take that as "Do nothing and lose 3-2"

You know you are doomed when that goal goes in at about 47 minutes to make it 2-1. Itll be 3-2 to your opponents before long.

I think the things that are anoying me the most are;

1) The inability of my defenders to defend.

2) The dreaded 'elephant touch' where your player'sfirst touch, for some reason takes the ball 10yrds in front of him and to an opposition player, resulting in either a swift counter attack resulting in a goal, or a 'body check' yellow or red card.

3) strikers in red hot form, who seem to shot straight at the keeper from inside the box when rounding him, or squaring it to a team mate is so much easier, Espically in the 88th minute, thus costing you the match to your fiercest rivals!!! (I'm looking at you Palermo)lol.

Archived