Weird weather

Is anybody else having strange weather fluctuations? Or has the climate in my game just gone to hell? For example, in my current save it's august 17th 2016 and the temperature is 6 degrees celcius (in England). A week before that it was 29 degrees. This seems to happen at all times during the year, last january I played a match on a nice and sunny 24 degree day.

In all seriousness, the weather has always been on the extreme side in FM, but I really don't think there's much more than a superficial impact. Obviously the weather itself has an effect, but largely the temperature or severity (bar extreme rain/snow) will be of little importance.

In all seriousness, the weather has always been on the extreme side in FM, but I really don't think there's much more than a superficial impact. Obviously the weather itself has an effect, but largely the temperature or severity (bar extreme rain/snow) will be of little importance.

SI (or at least TT&F) claim otherwise, saying it impacts fatigue and also game-play.

On a wet ground the ball will roll less, thus short passing should be impaired and long shots might be more dangerous.

However, I never tweak anything because of the weather. There is just so much to look at and tweak that I just cannot address everything. maybe if I played in real time, but not on key highlights with the speed of the residual match being increased so much.

SI (or at least TT&F) claim otherwise, saying it impacts fatigue and also game-play.

On a wet ground the ball will roll less, thus short passing should be impaired and long shots might be more dangerous.

That's kind of what I was hinting at. ie. 30 degrees celcius may have a greater fatigue impact than 10 degrees, but I doubt there'll be much difference in game between 30 and 40 degrees. Same with the weather - rain is rain, and the pitch will be wet regardless of the severity. Unless I'm underestimating the complexity?

I do notice a difference between "wet" and "downpour", with the former I usually don't bother adjusting my passing settings, but in a downpour you can really see the ball slow down a lot. Very direct passing is the way to go then. Also in hot conditions (say 25 degrees plus) the players do seem to tire quicker.

I have noticed that in the previous FM releases. I'm waiting for the upcoming patch to buy the game anyway.

I remember FM09 having crazy weather, always. Extremely cold during summer and shining warm days during winter.

Archived