Squad Numbers Explanation

Ha, where to start...

Okay, if you are in the Premier League all your squad numbers will be taken away and you have to 'register' 25 players using the squad numbers. Those under 21 do not need to be registered, thus don't need a squad number.

To make matters worse youngsters (when played in the Carling Cup, for example) will get random numbers.

To make matters even more worse, this will not be fixed in the patch.

As i understand it, only 25 players over 21 years of age can be registered. These are assigned squad numbers which they keep throughout the season. Unregistered over 21's cant play in the league. You get 2 registration windowns (that run along side the transfer windows) where you can register new players or deregister players. Players under 21 dont have to be registered so you can play them whenever you like, but they also wont get a "fixed" squad number.

I love FM and I think SI do a good job. I will defend them to the hilt when I think criticism is unjust.

However, this has been so poorly implemented it is unbelievable. Honestly, a stupid person could see that the Premier League will NOT just assign random numbers to u21 players in matches. Rather, as pointed out, the Champions League system will be used.

As I don't think everyone who works for SI is stupid, I will put it into the category of they knew it could be done better, but instead will hold that back for next year's game, for a 'new!' or 'updated/polished' feature. Poor showing really SI. Shame on you.

Archived