No Reserve League in Spain?

I am a bit confused about the League Structure in Spain.

I am managing Barcelona and was wondering, how does the reserve league structure in Spain work :confused:

I have Barcelona B (Now known as Barcelona Atlètic as of 2008) side, which is their reserve team, but they don't seem to play in a reserve league, which is what is confusing me.

Could someone please explain how the reserve league structure in Spain works?

or higher in the league than their A team

as in if a B team is promoted to la liga and the A team is relegated from la liga, the A team goes down, the b team also goes down

So very harsh. haha

Imagine this scenario;

Team A is relegated from La Liga

Team B wins La Segunda Lida

Team B relegated. Ah, I'm glad that's not put into the English game.

Q. off topic.

What season are you in with barcelona because when ever i try managing barca i get 2-3 season i try to go on my finanes i get a crash dump meaning i have to start again.

Have you got any further then that?

In a way, the B team helps the younger players to develop and gain real match experience in a competitive environment with greater things at stake, than simply playing in an empty stadium in a meaningless match for a reserve side.. That applies to real life of course.

There might be no difference in FM between playing an 18yo in a Reserve League or sending him to your B team, although there should be :D

Q. off topic.

What season are you in with barcelona because when ever i try managing barca i get 2-3 season i try to go on my finanes i get a crash dump meaning i have to start again.

Have you got any further then that?

It's a known error.

To be fixed in Patch 2 some time before Christmas.

The Germans (like a majority of nations on the continent) also have reserves playing in the lower leagues, however rather then just have 'B team has to be in league below A team', many of them don't allow reserve teams to get promoted above what's considered a semi-professional or regional level (usually 3rd or 4th level). The German regional leagues were in the games as a 3rd level until the creation of a fully national and professional 3rd division a few years ago when they became an unplayable 4th level, hence not seeing the reserve teams in a playable league any more.

The Germans (like a majority of nations on the continent) also have reserves playing in the lower leagues, however rather then just have 'B team has to be in league below A team', many of them don't allow reserve teams to get promoted above what's considered a semi-professional or regional level (usually 3rd or 4th level). The German regional leagues were in the games as a 3rd level until the creation of a fully national and professional 3rd division a few years ago when they became an unplayable 4th level, hence not seeing the reserve teams in a playable league any more.

Ah. that makes sense. But it's 'Under 23's' which doesn't, cos a 34 yr old Viduka can play for them.

Archived