Monthly installments

Hello everyone

First ever post on this forum! Might i add before the query, the other forum i was on was simply nowhere near as good as this forum. You all seem to be very polite. I am most impressed with how informative and easy to use this forum really is.

Now for the query.

I have been reading some threads and people say they sign expensive players as follows....."paid £15 million up front for him then 60 million over 48 months, only way i could get him".

I am confused. I thought if you had a transfer kitty of say 25 million, and you paid say 8 million of that on a player and then 15million over a certain amount of monthly payments, then all of it would be deducted out of your transfer kitty, in this example leaving 2 million left to spend. The way the person, who mentioned the above put it, made me think that he would still have the £60million in his transfer kitty.

If it does come out the initial transfer kitty, which it does, then what is the point of paying in monthly installments. If you have the money then why not pay all up front, what benefit do you get by paying over x amount of months.

I have always stayed away from monthly installments, as i knew that when you offered that kind of deal it does take all the money you have offered in the deal straight away,

Your thoughts most appreciated

Thanks in advance,

P.S Just started a game as Fiorentina and bought Defour, class player, anyone had much success with hm, also signed Martin Palermo as cover for Gillardino, again any success with him?

Scott

It doesn't come out of your initial kitty, but every month you will have X amount of money taken from your income to go towards paying off the monthly installments you've agreed to.

It allows a bit more freedom to sign players, meaning if you're a poor team but likely to win trophies (like Liverpool I guess) then you can sign in players of sufficient calibre and basically bank on finishing in the top 4/winning trophies etc to fund all of it.

Or there'd be no point of it :p

If you are buying player for 12 million after 24 months, your budget can be as low as £6m as it is paid in monthly installments. For example, £12m over 24 months is £500k per month.

So, I presume, that with 48 months on the deal, you could have a budget as low as £3m, and it would be paid in monthly installments of £250k.

So as long as your club is making a profit each month, you should be fine.

If you went £3m upfront and £9m after 48 months, the same would happen, your budget would decrease by £3m, and the £9m would be paid in monthly installments.

Welcome to the forums mate :) Like you i've never really used the monthly installments to sign players but just took on the role of Valencia manager where there was 30mil in the bank and none of that given to me I spent 32 million on four players over 48 months. The club moving into bigger stadium next season so we should be ok financially. Dont ever do it with huge figures the club wont ever be able to afford or you will be ruined. Basically signing a player over 24/48 months is just like taking out a loan that you pay back every month when you dont have the cash up front

You should really try to mix and match when you pay upfront and when you pay in installments.

If you've only got a small balance, but the board has given you double the balance in transfer funds, it wouldn't be wise to spend all that transfer budget upfront and send you into debt. You'd be surprised how many times this is asked on the forum; people wondering why they're X amount in debt when the board let them have so much money to spend!

When you sign a player and spread the payment, say over 48 months, only 1/4 of that fee comes out of your transfer kitty (Immediately).

For the next three seasons, the club pay the installments directly from club funds.... No further penalty is inflicted upon your transfer budgets.

There is a chance your club will experience financial difficulties if you use this option too much.

However, I have not experienced any problems with this at all. Example, I got Coventry promoted in season one and my season two budget was 28mil (Avoid relegation). I spent 103 mil spread over 48 months and qualified or the Euro cup.

I spent a similar amount in season 3 and won the euro cup and finished 3rd in the prem.

Season 4 saw me win the prem and season 5 i won champs league (2nd in prem).

With all the prize money etc, Coventry had no real financial problems.

IMHO this option to spread transfer fee's makes the game too easy and is unrealitic.

If you buy a player using the 48 month option, 1/4 of the fee should be debited from your transfer fund for the following 3 seasons .... AFTER your budget is announced.

That would inflict a penalty for over using this option, be more realistic and give us a better challenge.

IMHO this option to spread transfer fee's makes the game too easy and is unrealitic.

If you buy a player using the 48 month option, 1/4 of the fee should be debited from your transfer fund for the following 3 seasons .... AFTER your budget is announced.

Disagreed with the first as this is heavily used irl, but agreed with the second.

If those amounts are not taken into account in the later years, the clubs may end up being in trouble. However it's obviously not important whether these amounts are deducted from the transfer kitty or if the kitty is smaller by that amount in the first place.

The latter may already be the case but there is no way to know whether or not this is so, I guess. :(

I don't think it's unrealistic or too easy at all.

The penalty for overusing the monthly installments could be as follows

- potentially falling into debt because the payments exceed anything you have coming in

- leading to possible forced sales of players, administration and transfer embargos

If you hadn't have qualified for the Champions League at all, would have been able to afford the payments? You made a gamble and it paid off.

Leeds are a perfect example of this, borrowing money in the hope of sustaining Champions League football and signing players. It failed and the downfall started.

I don't think it's unrealistic or too easy at all.

The penalty for overusing the monthly installments could be as follows

- potentially falling into debt because the payments exceed anything you have coming in

- leading to possible forced sales of players, administration and transfer embargos

If you hadn't have qualified for the Champions League at all, would have been able to afford the payments? You made a gamble and it paid off.

Leeds are a perfect example of this, borrowing money in the hope of sustaining Champions League football and signing players. It failed and the downfall started.

Valencia also a good example. I'm currently in Europa League and invested 50 million to bring in players to strenghten the squad for next season when I'm hoping we'll be in the CL and we'll be moving into a bigger stadium :thup:

One way to offset the cost over time is to sell players on longterm deals. So if you're paying 60k a month for someone, try to sell players over time that bring in 60k a month. That way you're breaking even on the transfers over the length of the deal. I don't do this on purpose, but I noticed that I've bought several players on monthly installments and sold several on monthly installments, and am only actually losing about 10k a month on a 250k monthly payment; that's not that much at all.

If you hadn't have qualified for the Champions League at all, would you have been able to afford the payments? You made a gamble and it paid off..

We'll never know. I never fail to miss the champs league with 100mil transfer kitty.

Even David O'Leary couldn't fail with Leeds in FM.

I take your points though.

Thing is, once you have a feel for the game and have a good handle on the players and their abilities, its all too easy with this pay monthly option.

The yearly payment for these transfers MUST impact on your yearly transfer kitty, it's the realistic way to do it. No club in it's right mind would allow you to spend in this way.

The yearly payment for these transfers MUST impact on your yearly transfer kitty, it's the realistic way to do it. No club in it's right mind would allow you to spend in this way.

That'd be fine, especially since I'm pretty sure that when you SELL a player you get 100% of the money available up front, which screws the system up a bit. Just deduct the money from long-term deals, add in the money received from long term deals, and come up with a transfer budget that way.

That'd be fine, especially since I'm pretty sure that when you SELL a player you get 100% of the money available up front, which screws the system up a bit. Just deduct the money from long-term deals, add in the money received from long term deals, and come up with a transfer budget that way.

I don't think that's right mate.

Sell a player over 48 months and you get 25% of the fee added to your transfer budget.

In future seasons, you dont get any of the remaining payments added to your budget.

In reality, you should have 25% of the fee added to your budget for each year of the deal AFTER your budget is anounced.

I turn down a lot of transfers out because of this :mad:

I don't think that's right mate.

Sell a player over 48 months and you get 25% of the fee added to your transfer budget.

In future seasons, you dont get any of the remaining payments added to your budget.

In reality, you should have 25% of the fee added to your budget for each year of the deal AFTER your budget is anounced.

I turn down a lot of transfers out because of this :mad:

You could be right, I'm not near the game. It SHOULD be the way you describe, though; I hate losing transfer money to the budget.

Archived