Lost interest. How to rekindle the enjoyment?

It all happened when my Spurs team were second in the league equal on points with Chelsea in February. Chelsea drew with Bolton and Spurs beat Man United. So I was first with two points over Chelsea.

Next came the FA Cup sixth round and I beat Burnley 5-1 (note: Spurs 5-1) and got into the semis.

Then FM crashed on me. They even had the courtesy to tell me that my greatest ever feat is safe in a file called "crashed dump". I was back before the Man United game.

This time Chelsea beat Bolton, Spurs lost to Man United and Burnley knocked us out of the FA Cup.

I just went off the game.

I know that some may see it as cheating, but I reload the last working savegame and replay the matches until I have similar results (or rather table/cup standings) after crashes.

I know how you feel. Get a nice cup of tea, relax and cool down. Reload the game in 2 hours or so. That's the way I do it. Make sure that you have autosaves on 'weekly' and 'incremental'.

I would agree with all that has been said about saving on a regular basis I learnt my lesson the hard way after getting to the champions league final winning 1-0 in extra time before the game crashed despite countless attempts to win after reloading Barcelona seemed to have learnt there lesson after the 10th attempt I just accepted the inevitable.

Saving is key.

I hate this... the game did this to me last week after I beat liverpool 5-1 in the charity shield and then beat Man City 4-0 in the league. Not only that but spurs accepted a 20mil offer for Modric. Game went and crashed on me and Liverpool ended up beating me 3-2, City beat me 2-0 and Spurs decided they wanted 38mil for Modric.

Needless to say I got annoyed and closed my macs lid down. Came back to it 3 hours later in a better mood and the game had crashed again. Not gone back to it since because I've had a lot of work on but when I do I better f*cking win those games! lol.

You had it crash on a mac? You downloaded that patch as I've had absolutely no issues at all with the game crashing on me with osx. what version you running e.g. 10.5/10.6 etc?

I just cannot get into this game at all tbh, I would like this FM9 skin as i dont like the 'feel' of fm10. meh.

For the protocol, I replayed the game against Man United and won it on the fifth try. (interstingly enough, the other four were all draws). Then I beat Burley in the FA Cup quarter finals and am back where I started beforeth crash. Now I will save after each game. So it's March and I am two points ahead of Chelsea and have Arsenal in the FA Cup semis. Champions League for sure as well as a good poke at the Prem title.

Personally if it were me that happened too, I'd have kicked the cat, punched the wife, cried and then started up an entirely new game with Chelsea on the mission to put them out of business.

But I'm not bitter!

I bet you're one of those who wonder why your wife doesn't like FM. :D:thup:

personally if it were me that happened too, i'd have kicked the cat, punched the wife, cried and then started up an entirely new game with chelsea on the mission to put them out of business.

But i'm not bitter!

love it :D

I always have 2 save files and backup after every match to a different one each time, that way if the current save crashes I can always go back to the last save that was only 1 game ago. Works for me, although I dont have many crashes so I guess im just lucky.

Archived