The future of team talks

Instead of specific phrases in an order from "severe anger" to "extreme praise" as we have now I'd like to see a new system in future versions.

I think instead of trying to describe your performances in a one line phrase it would be more helpful to be able to pick from a list of elements and have the game generate the reactions that way.

For instance it could go;

TONE - Angry/Negative/Neutral/Positive/Delighted.

POSITIVES - This could be standard items like "number of chances", "high passing percentage" etc.. Check as many as you like.

CONCERNS - "Too many fouls", "not enough shots", "poor defending" etc..

NEXT GAME - What you want to drum into them to get right the next week.

Then the elements could interact. For instance if you were Angry but still had positives it would have a different reaction amongst the squad than being delighted but not telling them why.

You could still do one liners to the players, but an overall team talk could be made up this way. That would allow you to target specific areas instead of the overall approach now which I find a bit disappointing. There are times when my side has dominated but not got the result, and instead of just telling them that I'm disappointed overall I'd like to target it and say that I'm happy with certain aspects of the performance. I know there's the 'sympathise' option but that's the most wishy washy concept ever!

The same concept could go for building answers for press conferences in the future.

Yeah this has potential and the current team talks are not good enough as I always find myself saying I dont really want to say any of the above becasue it does not fit. It needs work but the team taks do need changing to give a lot more options and more realistic onces that mean a bit more. :)

Whatever happened to my favourite from FM09, the 'you can make the difference' option.

I loved it, if one of my stars was playing pretty average and we were drawing or losing at half time out came the old 'you can make a difference' individual talk to try and motivate him. Don't know why they took it out.

Instead of specific phrases in an order from "severe anger" to "extreme praise" as we have now I'd like to see a new system in future versions.

I think instead of trying to describe your performances in a one line phrase it would be more helpful to be able to pick from a list of elements and have the game generate the reactions that way.

POSITIVES - This could be standard items like "number of chances", "high passing percentage" etc.. Check as many as you like.

Then the elements could interact. For instance if you were Angry but still had positives it would have a different reaction amongst the squad than being delighted but not telling them why.

You could still do one liners to the players, but an overall team talk could be made up this way. That would allow you to target specific areas instead of the overall approach now which I find a bit disappointing. There are times when my side has dominated but not got the result, and instead of just telling them that I'm disappointed overall I'd like to target it and say that I'm happy with certain aspects of the performance. I know there's the 'sympathise' option but that's the most wishy washy concept ever!

The same concept could go for building answers for press conferences in the future.

I love this idea.

Would certainly make Teamtalks a bit more enjoyable and perhaps useful. Very good idea in principle.

Personally even if this was introduced I'd like it as an option because as Paganizer suggests it'd 50/50 as to whether anything you say has the desired effect.

I can't see how having the option to have or not to have Teamtalks or Press Conferences would spoil peoples enjoyment of the game.

Personally i dont see the point of team talks. You are going to be happy with players that played good and angry at those that played like ****. Its common sense. The game should just pretend we did that. The rest of the things real managers do during the half time is tactics related and we can already tweak those if we want.

Perhaps a way to completely remove the option from the game should be added for those of us who dont want it. No team talks feature and no team talks related effects. Currently we can do it ourselves which is beyond boring or leave it to the ass man which is a gamble. I should win or lose based on my tactics and my team and not based on a one liner selected during the half time.

Personally i dont see the point of team talks. You are going to be happy with players that played good and angry at those that played like ****. Its common sense. The game should just pretend we did that. The rest of the things real managers do during the half time is tactics related and we can already tweak those if we want.

Perhaps a way to completely remove the option from the game should be added for those of us who dont want it. No team talks feature and no team talks related effects. Currently we can do it ourselves which is beyond boring or leave it to the ass man which is a gamble. I should win or lose based on my tactics and my team and not based on a one liner selected during the half time.

Excellent point imo

I must say that I really like the OP. It is a fantastic idea and could take the Team Talks to the next level. Team Talks are a vital part of the game IRL too. Look at Arsenal against Liverpool. Vermaelan revealed to BBC sport that it was his angry half time talk that turned the game around.

Great post, well said! :thup:

I dont like, there would be too many clicks when we already have a lot. Imo the best would be to chose in preference page what we want : detailed (OP's idea), basic (current system) or none (at all). And the same (preference settings) for many other things (like press conference) and like it is already done for some of the new features (eg the new vs classic tactics, though it doesnt appear in preference but in the tactic page).

Archived