Complacency

My backroom staff always report that I become complacent against teams with lower reputations and then gives me the option of changing my 'tactics'.

I don't understand this at all. How do I NOT become complacent?

I was on a 7 match unbeaten run and was heavily favored against a struggling Hull and as per usual when playing a 'poor side', I choose 'I expect a win' as my team talk. Result, 2 - 0 down at half time, so in which I choose 'Letting the team down'. The result being a 2 - 1 defeat and with a certain Liverpool captain playing out of his skin and banging a goal in.

Now, I checked my team talk feedback and it says;

Start 'I expect a win' = Nothing specific noted

Half time 'Letting the team down' = Majority are fired up

Full time 'Not good enough' = Anger

I really don't understand how I become complacent against teams. I beat Burnley, Birmingham and Stoke away easily but yet my team becomes worse than Steve McClarens England.

Any ideas?

I was having the same problem, so I followed the advice of another FMer on here, on press conferences ALWAYS answer 'no comment' and ALWAYS put 'none' in team talks, my Dundee team went from no wins in 15 to unbeaten in 20 finally losing 1-0 to Celtic.

Same players, same tactics, I just cut out all the psycoligical stuff and just got to playing football. As this game is supposed to be about.

I stopped doing team talks with my Notts County side and won the Premiership, also answer 90% of questions with no comment. It's great for me because they are the two worst, most pointless and most annoying features in the game, and now I don't have to bother with them.

Archived