FM05 - Anyone still playing?

Lol, that was the only other FM I had and FM05 was freaking awesome to be Arsenal on..

YES! Arsenal was literally the shizzle on FM05.

That is what really got me into being Arsenal on all the games in the FM Series:D

Yeah, I'm still playing FM05!

I'm in the year 2098, and currently managing Fakel in the Russian First Division (although we have a decent side, and halve already taken some premiership scalps in the cup)

I agree ith those who have mentioned Arsenal's dominance in this version - below is what the AI achieved with them - I had to wait 'till Wenger's successor, Alan Irvine retired before I even got a sniff of the title (before Wenger retired, I had the upper hand on him in the SPL, but never hould break his domination of England - shame when he retired - one of the best rivals i ever had...)

arnal.jpg

Just had a look at Hornchurch too - they got promoted first year, but never made the jump into league football and are now languishing in the grey leagues...

Ipswich coming 3rd is interesting ! Come on town !

I agreee, fm 05 was awesome! And again, arsenal were superb to manage

i quite liked ipswich too, darren bent is way too good for championship lol

would love to go back to that game, ifffff, there was someway to get it updated to the current database in fm 10

I installed it recently to have a look at it. I think SI could certainly take a look at how they used to do training back then - made so much more sense imo. Couldn't get into it though as there was just so much missing that I couldn't do without nowadays.

I'm running all English, Scottish, Dutch and Russian Leagues, and the top two Italian ones...

RandomManager: You think Boro as Premier Division Holders is funny - they've won five in the last six! (nothing to do with me either)

I'm not sure what screenshots folk'd be interested in, but i'll give you the world cup winners...

Alan Shearer lifted the trophy in '22 - but the 2042 final is my favourite...

arnal.jpg

Halifax are still solvent - with finances Okay.

They're currently outside the Conference North and their highest league position is 3rd in the Conference (They've also won the FA trophy in '12).

They notably made it to the 4th round of the 92/93 FA cup, succuming to a 2-1 defeat away to Man City (which presumably boosted the finances a bit).

For a bonus screenshot... I give you some historical attendance figures for Halifax - notably, three quarters of the fans forgot to turn up for the 75/76 season!

arnal.jpg

FM05 was the last FM I really enjoyed! It was uncomplicated compared to what FM has become in the past few years...

I think the uncomplicated part is very appealing. Simple, straightforward. You manage your team. I even enjoy the lack of team talks. In later versions team talks are so repetitive, and I've never been sure that they actually help.

In my FM05 I'm playing as Rochdale, though I've edited the team reputation and chairman's ambition to make it easier. Maybe I should start a game as Arsenal, though!

Archived