Bullet Throw Madness

Am I the only one who thinks the bullet throws are incredibly unrealistic? Someone with a bullet throw and a high Throw In attribute can almost throw if faster than most players can kick it, and it's very difficult to defend against. It seems to give those players an unfair advantage. No?

It is a PPM that you will know about if you face Rory Delap.

It is literally like, a bullet. I tought it to Jerome Boateng :thup: He ain't bad at 'em himself to be fair.

its odd i'm doing dafuge's challenge and after 13 seasons i'm now in the championship. Up til now i hadn't seen it done by any team and then Arsenal blitzed me with them in an FA cup match, 1 went straight in, another was spilled in by the keeper, my team just couldn't defend them. Now it seems every 3rd team in the championship is pinging them in.

its odd i'm doing dafuge's challenge and after 13 seasons i'm now in the championship. Up til now i hadn't seen it done by any team and then Arsenal blitzed me with them in an FA cup match, 1 went straight in, another was spilled in by the keeper, my team just couldn't defend them. Now it seems every 3rd team in the championship is pinging them in.

The one that went straight in, did the goal stand?

If so, that's a major rules bug.

I paid well over the odds for Aron Gunnarsson with the sole intention of using him for this. I trained him to be a right back, sent my centre halfs forward for throw-ins and waited for the scrappy goalmouth scrambles to ensue. Only it never happened, almost every throw he takes is caught by the goalkeeper. On the occasions he does find a member of my team, they tend to head it back out to him! I'm not complaining or looking for tips on how to make it work, just bitter and frustrated that my "foolproof" plan for getting an extra 5-10 goals a season was foiled.

I had a hell of a time trying to get someone to learn this (Halford, my RB w/long throws 18 would either refuse or fail to learn it, Mulgrew - a LB w/16, eventually managed at the 3rd or 4th time of asking) and so far, now Mulgrew has it and plays regularly, it just seems to go straight into the keepers arms 9 times out of 10. He hasn't had it long so hopefully my success from it will pick up soon, but it's a little disheartening after spending SO long training the damn thing.

Delap's throw ins are quite renowned for their pace, bearing in mind last season he himself lent a huge part in building up the long throws fame again, Stoke still only scored 8/9 goals from it all season (directly). I got a few in my first season at Stoke from the long throw, you need players competent in the air, and you need to crowd the box.

Archived