:( I'm missing the injury crisis.

As stated above I am really missing the injury crises that used to "plague" 09, as I base my whole rotation policy around having at least one.It got so bad that last season Misimovic my 2nd choice attacking CM only got 7 starts last year between CL (a run to the final) and the league, Martins my 3rd choice striker only got 11 in obth competitions, etc. My only longish term injury in 1 1/2 seasons has been Grafite who is currently out for c. 3 months with a groin strain.

P.S. good work on fixing the corner exploit.

Yeah but I keep forgetting, and frankly I'm exaggerating slightly, but I have said "I could do with a few injuries right about now, keep my squad players happy". When I adjust to the new situation it will be less of a problem.

P.S. my situation could be due to a super fit squad, I'm not sure as it's my first game to last longer than a few days.

ive found injuries are just as there as ever as IRL. If not they have it pretty spot on. I had a major injury crisis on my save last season with only a point needed to win the league as promotion was already garenteed all my strikers bar and and all my keepers fell of injury. Lukly we scraped a 0-0 draw with two games to go to seal the league title.

with my southampton team (3rd season in) i have aimed to not have a first 11, but a first 22 in which i have a full squad that is good enough to play in my team, that way should i get any injuries then i have at least one replacement (2 for the central roles).

Yeah but I keep forgetting, and frankly I'm exaggerating slightly, but I have said "I could do with a few injuries right about now, keep my squad players happy". When I adjust to the new situation it will be less of a problem.

P.S. my situation could be due to a super fit squad, I'm not sure as it's my first game to last longer than a few days.

Simple, just rest players against the weaker sides in the league, and in the League Cup and F.A Cup. I also rest players in the Champions League group stage when I have already qualified. I also usually rest players below 95% fitness, and never start anyone below 90%, as I also like to rotate a big squad and keep them all happy.

Simple, just rest players against the weaker sides in the league, and in the League Cup and F.A Cup. I also rest players in the Champions League group stage when I have already qualified. I also usually rest players below 95% fitness, and never start anyone below 90%, as I also like to rotate a big squad and keep them all happy.

Well I have one problem there, I'm a lazy, lazy man, I usually only radically change the team for the German Cup (no league cup any more in Germany), and when I've already qualified for the next round in Europe. There are some absolute no-hopers in the league but I'm a lazy lazy man as I've said.

You could always save two selections, one with your first team one playing reserves/subs/youths. If you're that lazy you problably don't change first team selection much during the season anyway so only thing to make adjustments for is injuries... which ironicly is what this thread is about.

The level of injuries seems fine to me. Much more realistic than 09 in my opinion.

C.

There is still a major flaw in that the Hargreaves/Eduardo/Rosicky situation just cannot happen in FM.

Never see a player out for more than a year on both 09 and 10.

It's unrealistic.

There is still a major flaw in that the Hargreaves/Eduardo/Rosicky situation just cannot happen in FM.

Never see a player out for more than a year on both 09 and 10.

It's unrealistic.

This. However, I currently have 13 injuries in my 09 save, mostly strains keeping players out for 3-4 weeks, which I could do without, so I currently hate the injury bug. I have had a player retire due to injury....he was 38 and damaged his hip, though, but even then he was predicted as 6 months out. How can a 38 year old be expected to come back from a serious hip injury within 6 months :confused:

with my southampton team (3rd season in) i have aimed to not have a first 11, but a first 22 in which i have a full squad that is good enough to play in my team, that way should i get any injuries then i have at least one replacement (2 for the central roles).

Exactly what i do

Archived