What would you like to see improved in the 3D ME

Im just trying to gauge opinion on what the larger community thinks is most needed to enhance the 3D experience, this could just be certain animations you think are needed or things you think the 3D ME should be doing but isn`t and what you think the biggest problems have been with the 3D this year.

All views and opinions are welcome.:thup:

To be honest SI have spent alot of time on the 3-D in the last two versions and for me SI should concentrate on different aspects of FM. I'm not saying to just leave the 3-D just a few tweaks and not spending too much time on it to the detriment of other areas! :)

Naturally I'd like to see all sorts of stuff but to be realistic:

More efficient time saving on various occasions.

To see the linesman stop he's run when raising a flag for offside.

To be able to see a standing tackle, not just sliding ones.

To be honest SI have spent alot of time on the 3-D in the last two versions and for me SI should concentrate on different aspects of FM. I'm not saying to just leave the 3-D just a few tweaks and not spending too much time on it to the detriment of other areas! :)

Dont worry nev all aspects are and will be looked at as it is not just one team working on all areas of the game but many different teams working on all aspects of the game, my personal area that I try and concentrate on is the actual 3D ME which is why I ask for a broader opinion on what the actual community thinks is the problem areas within the 3D ME.

Naturally I'd like to see all sorts of stuff but to be realistic:

More efficient time saving on various occasions.

To see the linesman stop he's run when raising a flag for offside.

To be able to see a standing tackle, not just sliding ones.

Some good ideas here Erik7 but what do you mean by more efficient time saving on various occasions?

I'll leave the ME, as that is not 3D specific and gets quite a lot of discussion anyway.

There are a couple of things I think the 3D view could do with improving:

Firstly, I don't like the way the camera focusses on the referee after a dubious decision, I'd rather it kept on the action as I often miss things because of this.

Secondly, I'd like to see some improvements to the light and shadows so evening games really look like they are being played under floodlights. I love the weather effects but I think this would make it even better.

Dont worry nev all aspects are and will be looked at as it is not just one team working on all areas of the game but many different teams working on all aspects of the game, my personal area that I try and concentrate on is the actual 3D ME which is why I ask for a broader opinion on what the actual community thinks is the problem areas within the 3D ME.

Sure I know that there are different teams spending time on different aspect of the game but it seems SI have spent a lot of time and resources on the 3-D area to best simulate the game - and that is far enough. I will maintain that the more time and resources spent on the 3-D area will result in other areas not being looked at which i believe are more important than the 3-D match. The 3-D area has had a lot of time and effort spent on it where as other areas such as training and newgens seems to have had little game time. :)

This thread is about how the 3-D match engine can be improved so I will stop going off topic about what other areas should have a higher importance.

I'll leave the ME, as that is not 3D specific and gets quite a lot of discussion anyway.

There are a couple of things I think the 3D view could do with improving:

Firstly, I don't like the way the camera focusses on the referee after a dubious decision, I'd rather it kept on the action as I often miss things because of this.

Secondly, I'd like to see some improvements to the light and shadows so evening games really look like they are being played under floodlights. I love the weather effects but I think this would make it even better.

Some good points here also Dafuge cheers mate.:thup:

I think its more than adequate visually, it is doing a good job of representing the match engine, you have to forgive it and realise that some things are not an accurate representation but with progressing years it can only get better. I would rather SI work on that than progressing it graphically. So basically not the above post :) (except the more animations)

I think its more than adequate visually, it is doing a good job of representing the match engine, you have to forgive it and realise that some things are not an accurate representation but with progressing years it can only get better. I would rather SI work on that than progressing it graphically. So basically not the above post :) (except the more animations)

I don`t think it will progress to much graphically at least I hope not but I definately feel the need for more animations and better commentary phrases.

Some good ideas here Erik7 but what do you mean by more efficient time saving on various occasions?

I mean those situations when you have to wait, IMO much more then it is necessary, for a physio to do he's thing or a player to get to the set piece and such stuff. They do cut it eventually but I think that it could be done much quicker. Those things take away like 2 minutes of your life for a game.

I think SI made good progress with the 3D ME this year, and I trust they will take similar steps forward for FM11 - maybe improved stadia and crowd and more player animations. For me, however, the best thing would be to reduce the jerkiness for those of us with second-rate graphics cards, especially integrated laptop ones that can't be cheaply upgraded.

I reckon an actual commentator would be great......getting john motson or andy gray to commentate.....make it feel more like a tv experience

Eh I would not like that, it would get very stale after a few seasons.

I would like some more work on the stadiums/crowds. I would also like if when a clear offsides happens we don't have to watch another 45 seconds of play until the team scores and the flag goes up.

More animations would be ok, I would like them more in the passing/heading area though already have alot of good shooting ones.

I reckon an actual commentator would be great......getting john motson or andy gray to commentate.....make it feel more like a tv experience

Yeah, great idea. I wished for that for a long time, since the first cm maybe. Lost all hopes by now.

Flares after goals, pre-match presentations (lining up for photos, captains swapping pleasantries), fans lining up the pitch on promotion/league/cup wins (even when winning a league early on points)

Showing cup/league wins and trophy presentations is now a MUST for FM due to there being a 3D engine. We want to see our captain actually lift that title after the game, cant be that hard.

The game also needs to "come alive". We need to add a small amount of querkiness to the game to make it feel more realistic to the user, rather than making the game a tedious and sometimes over-serious simulation.

Adding things like half time entertainment (playing in the background) while you update your tactics, do team talks etc.

Maybe even show a dressing room and players as you do team talks.

I also would love the odd strange event. Birds flying onto field (or some random animal), maybe random player invading pitch, flooded pitch (this happens already but actually show the animation of a ref checking the field before the match is suspended) and all these "strange" and "rare" events followed up with a media report.

All of these options could be turned off by the user as well.

Add that extra dimension to the game...these will be things people remember in 10 to 15 years time even when FM is no longer around.

Flares after goals, pre-match presentations (lining up for photos, captains swapping pleasantries), fans lining up the pitch on promotion/league/cup wins (even when winning a league early on points)

Showing cup/league wins and trophy presentations is now a MUST for FM due to there being a 3D engine. We want to see our captain actually lift that title after the game, cant be that hard.

The game also needs to "come alive". We need to add a small amount of querkiness to the game to make it feel more realistic to the user, rather than making the game a tedious and sometimes over-serious simulation.

Adding things like half time entertainment (playing in the background) while you update your tactics, do team talks etc.

I also would love the odd strange event. Birds flying onto field (or some random animal), maybe random player invading pitch, flooded pitch (this happens already but actually show the animation of a ref checking the field before the match is suspended) and all these "strange" and "rare" events followed up with a media report.

Add that extra dimension to the game...these will be things people remember in 10 to 15 years time even when FM is no longer around.

:thup: I love the way your mind works. All those stuff would be great but only if done by someone with great talent and sense of humor and drama and everything.

Eh I would not like that, it would get very stale after a few seasons.

I would like some more work on the stadiums/crowds. I would also like if when a clear offsides happens we don't have to watch another 45 seconds of play until the team scores and the flag goes up.

More animations would be ok, I would like them more in the passing/heading area though already have alot of good shooting ones.

How would it get stale????? The commentator of a football match is a part of football!!!! Tbh if i ever watched a football match on tv without a commentator THAT would be STALE!...The game already has pre match odds and predictions....build up etc. it also had post match analysis all part of the tv experience im sure your aware so why not a commentator. Also, if it wasnt a good idea wouldnt you think they would have scrapped it from football? aswell as other successful football games as fifa and pro evo. Finally, im sure youll find south american commentators to be the complete opposite to stale :p.....I think it will add an extra entertainment element to the game and more exciting and tense. Also, im sure you would have the option to turn it off if you wanted.

How would it get stale????? The commentator of a football match is a part of football!!!! Tbh if i ever watched a football match on tv without a commentator THAT would be STALE!...The game already has pre match odds and predictions....build up etc. it also had post match analysis all part of the tv experience im sure your aware so why not a commentator. Also, if it wasnt a good idea wouldnt you think they would have scrapped it from football? aswell as other successful football games as fifa and pro evo. Finally, im sure youll find south american commentators to be the complete opposite to stale :p.....I think it will add an extra entertainment element to the game and more exciting and tense. Also, im sure you would have the option to turn it off if you wanted.

Because you could only get so many phrases into the game, let alone the fact it would be impossible to have all the players named. So you would end up with early Fifa/Madden style commentary where you hear the same line repeated over and over during a game.

I mean those situations when you have to wait, IMO much more then it is necessary, for a physio to do he's thing or a player to get to the set piece and such stuff. They do cut it eventually but I think that it could be done much quicker. Those things take away like 2 minutes of your life for a game.

Ok thanks for clearing that up I will pass it on and see if anything can be done. :thup:

I think SI made good progress with the 3D ME this year, and I trust they will take similar steps forward for FM11 - maybe improved stadia and crowd and more player animations. For me, however, the best thing would be to reduce the jerkiness for those of us with second-rate graphics cards, especially integrated laptop ones that can't be cheaply upgraded.

Im certain this has been raised already mate and im sure it`s being looked at.

Some very good ideas here that im sure most of them could be implemented and will pass them on, not sure about the dressing room and players as you do team talks though.:thup:

Great post Ezequiel, but for me the one thing they really need to imporve first is the animations for fouls, often the only reason I know that a foul is a gentle puch or a two footed amputation at the knee is if I'm lucky enough to be reading the commentary as well. Nearly got me into trouble with a sending off at the WC except I read the match report for the sending off foul.

It is not a tv experience it is a management experience if you want a tv experience watch Match of the Day

While I am on the subject as it is a management and not a tv experience why not rotate the pitch so you are at least watching the game from the same side as the dugouts

I'd like to see what the commentary says e.g "he slides on both knee's...thats a proper celebration" and "the players are surrounding the referee" they don't do neither atm,not a big deal but would add something.

I'd like to see a few stewards scattered around aswell,wearing their bright orange jackets,also like to see a "tunnel" can't understand why they left that out,especially when a player is sent off and the commentary says "his manager is ushering him down the tunnel" what bloody tunnel :D

It would also be nice to see a me the "manager" stood around the dug out area,add a few celebrations like a jump in the air (martin o'neil style) and a few angry moments when you conceed (like what the GK does when you conceed) ok it's cosmetic,but aint everything cosmetic in 3D

Thats all i can think of atm.

On a different note things i would like to see taken out of 3D are

Stadium roofs overhang,totally pointless and can be annoying,and tbh wembleys overhang looks like accrington stanleys roof (no offence to accrington)

That's my ten penneth.

I'd like to see what the commentary says e.g "he slides on both knee's...thats a proper celebration" and "the players are surrounding the referee" they don't do neither atm,not a big deal but would add something.

I'd like to see a few stewards scattered around aswell,wearing their bright orange jackets,also like to see a "tunnel" can't understand why they left that out,especially when a player is sent off and the commentary says "his manager is ushering him down the tunnel" what bloody tunnel :D

It would also be nice to see a me the "manager" stood around the dug out area,add a few celebrations like a jump in the air (martin o'neil style) and a few angry moments when you conceed (like what the GK does when you conceed) ok it's cosmetic,but aint everything cosmetic in 3D

Thats all i can think of atm.

On a different note things i would like to see taken out of 3D are

Stadium roofs overhang,totally pointless and can be annoying,and tbh wembleys overhang looks like accrington stanleys roof (no offence to accrington)

That's my ten penneth.

I will pass these ideas on as well.

Archived