Do you unveil new players?

Just a quick question to see if every participates in the press conference after signing a player or not?

I've given up as I usually end up making the player unhappy for some reason!

Has anybody got any tips for a successful unveiling conference?

Cheers

That’s a double bladed sword, I organized a press conference for my new Turkish 18 years old striker, and I’ve been asked if “I consider signing another Turkish speaking player to help the player settle in the area”, my answer “Yes, why not”. Reaction from the player “Manager’s ManagerName words don’t seem to be a motivation for PlayerName”?:confused: Oh excuse me mate, I thought it would help you settle in the area, never mind we’ll only speak English with you from now so that you have the opportunity to moan in the next months that you can’t settle in the area because of the language barrier. Now go back to training …

I was good at it. Think I upset something like 1/5 players while making the rest happy with my comments. But then I started a new game where I decided to pretty much sign a whole new team (all on frees - BSN). Gave up then. It felt like continue, player X accept, no I don't want a press conference, continue, player Y accept, no I don't want a press conference...

MAYBE I hold one if the player is so good I think they never should've accepted a contract from a team like mine.

Well I haven't been playing FM10 very long, but have done this a few times with success that seemed to motivate the player. I would however, recommend that you look at their personality and personal information first before you say anything. You can get clues as to how the player will respond.

I did with my 1st signing and upset everyone else. Have only done it since to see what it was like when a majority of my summer signings came in around the same time and I decided to do it to see what a press conference for 5-6 (can't remember which) players was like. Annoyed at least one of them. I wouldn't do it again.

Did it two or three times and never again. I very much doubt players IRL give a damn what is said in press conferences let alone be unhappy about things like me saying having another player in the team speaking the same language could help the new signing settle in. Unrealistic and total waste of time imo.

Cant be bothered with any of the media comments. The same comment will please one player but upset another but you never know because its in the hidden stats. I never point out a danger man either, did it twice and it said they would put on a performance and they both got a hat trick. Its not worth having 1 small comment to guarantee you to lose the game.

If there was a right or wrong answer, Id do it but why waste time when the reaction is 100% unknown?

i do it for all of the first team players that i have signed, not for the youth as i dont see the point in telling everyone how amazing this player is, then them not seeing him for another 3 or 4 years,

Me too. I've had back-up players getting upset when I said I didn't expect them to set the world ablaze.

Has anyone had a player get upset for NOT holding a press conf?

Archived