Game keeeps crashing. Please help

Hi all, i am having trouble getting past a certain date on fm10 as it keeps crashing past this point. The date is July 16th 2018 and it keeps shutting down straight after the world cup final. It takes me back to desktop with a message saying it has encountered a problem or something similar. Have loaded several times but keeps crashing at exactly the same point. I had this problem on fm08 too. I am currently ac milan and brazil manager but don't want to start again as am enjoying this save. Could anyone help please, much appreciated?

Hi all, i am having trouble getting past a certain date on fm10 as it keeps crashing past this point. The date is July 16th 2018 and it keeps shutting down straight after the world cup final. It takes me back to desktop with a message saying it has encountered a problem or something similar. Have loaded several times but keeps crashing at exactly the same point. I had this problem on fm08 too. I am currently ac milan and brazil manager but don't want to start again as am enjoying this save. Could anyone help please, much appreciated?

have you tried holidaying past that date?

Difficult to say what the problem could be without first know about your computer (processor type and speed, Ram, graphics card type and amount of ram) so if you could post this that would be great. You could perhaps try checking your hard drive for errors. You could also try hollidaying just before this date and returning just after. You should also make sure that your directx and graphics card drivers are upto date. Are you using face packs as I believe this can sometimes cause issues. Finally have a read of the faq thread for more information.

have you tried holidaying past that date?
Difficult to say what the problem could be without first know about your computer (processor type and speed, Ram, graphics card type and amount of ram) so if you could post this that would be great. You could perhaps try checking your hard drive for errors. You could also try hollidaying just before this date and returning just after. You should also make sure that your directx and graphics card drivers are upto date. Are you using face packs as I believe this can sometimes cause issues. Finally have a read of the faq thread for more information.

Yeah am using facepacks as i usually do with fm. I will have a look at updating my drivers etc and let u know if it helps. Thanks

Yeah am using facepacks as i usually do with fm. I will have a look at updating my drivers etc and let u know if it helps. Thanks

I got this from the Faq thread.

After installing some Custom Graphics I'm now having errors!

If after experiencing game errors and crashes after adding custom graphics and / or logos to the game, please ensure you have not placed these custom files in your 'Sports Interactive' folder found in 'Program Files'

ALL custom graphics need to go into your 'Sports Interactive' folder found in 'My Documents'

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\FM10

In-game Freezing / Crash to Desktop

If you encounter display or crash to desktop problems during game matches there are a number of steps you can try;

Check that your graphics card meets the minimum requirements.

Ensure you are using the latest drivers.

Click Here for Details on updating drivers.

If you meet the requirements and have the latest drivers installed try changing the resolution and graphical 3D settings in-game.

Select Preferences from the launch menu:

Select Display & Sound:

From the Windows Settings section:

Select Windowed from Display Mode

From the 3D Settings section:

Uncheck Enable 3D Match Cameras

From the 3D Settings section uncheck the following:

• Show Player Names
    • Show Stadiums
    • Show Sky
    • Show Crowd
    • Enable Weather Effects

Click on Confirm:

If it appears smoother or does not crash to desktop, go back into the Display & Sound settings and one at a time adjust the Display Mode while increasing the details from Graphical Detail under 3D Settings until you find a satisfactory playing level.

If you are still experiencing problems please submit a ticket through the support section for further assistance and advice.

Notice for laptop users: the majority of laptops are designed to be as light and portable as possible. This means that the hardware may not always be optimised for playing games. You may need to adjust your video settings accordingly.

If you are still encountering problems please submit a ticket through the support section with a DXDIAG for further assistance and advice.

Click Herefor How do I submit my DXDIAG information?

How do I delete my Cache files?

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

VISTA and 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Wndows Vista and 7:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

• Administrators

If you have the save please upload it to the FTP and let me know (via PM) so I can take a look. Thanks.

I got this from the Faq thread.

After installing some Custom Graphics I'm now having errors!

If after experiencing game errors and crashes after adding custom graphics and / or logos to the game, please ensure you have not placed these custom files in your 'Sports Interactive' folder found in 'Program Files'

ALL custom graphics need to go into your 'Sports Interactive' folder found in 'My Documents'

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\FM10

In-game Freezing / Crash to Desktop

If you encounter display or crash to desktop problems during game matches there are a number of steps you can try;

Check that your graphics card meets the minimum requirements.

Ensure you are using the latest drivers.

Click Here for Details on updating drivers.

If you meet the requirements and have the latest drivers installed try changing the resolution and graphical 3D settings in-game.

Select Preferences from the launch menu:

Select Display & Sound:

From the Windows Settings section:

Select Windowed from Display Mode

From the 3D Settings section:

Uncheck Enable 3D Match Cameras

From the 3D Settings section uncheck the following:

• Show Player Names
    • Show Stadiums
    • Show Sky
    • Show Crowd
    • Enable Weather Effects

Click on Confirm:

If it appears smoother or does not crash to desktop, go back into the Display & Sound settings and one at a time adjust the Display Mode while increasing the details from Graphical Detail under 3D Settings until you find a satisfactory playing level.

If you are still experiencing problems please submit a ticket through the support section for further assistance and advice.

Notice for laptop users: the majority of laptops are designed to be as light and portable as possible. This means that the hardware may not always be optimised for playing games. You may need to adjust your video settings accordingly.

If you are still encountering problems please submit a ticket through the support section with a DXDIAG for further assistance and advice.

Click Herefor How do I submit my DXDIAG information?

How do I delete my Cache files?

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

VISTA and 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Wndows Vista and 7:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Have tried all of the following advice but still keeps crashing at the same point. Thanks for the advice anyway mate :thup:

Archived