No option of appeal for work permit?

Hi, Espanyol have a regen Cuneyt Alkan who is probably the most complete forward I've ever seen on FM. He wants to move to a bigger club, and is transfer listed by request. I get him offered to me for £16.25 Million, which of course I accept.

Now, according to my scout, his work permit will be turned down initially, but should be accepted upon appeal, as expected his work permit is turned down, but I am not allowed an appeal! No Appeal. Why is this? Every other transfer I've tried to complete that has had WP issues has let me appeal so why not this one?

It looks like the work permit application was put in right at the end of the transfer window as it was turned down on 1 Feb - so the reason you didn't get an appeal was because there wasn't time before the transfer window closed.

You are not out of the window but on deadline day (as deadline day is moved to Monday if it's due to be on a Sunday). You are unable to appeal decisions on deadline day and I believe this also applies IRL especially with the constraints on the home office to it being the busiest transfer day of the year. If you were to attempt to buy him on the 2nd of Feb in your game, it will probably fail but you will be able to appeal. This would mean waitng to the end of the season to have him in your team though.

Archived