Two minor things

Okay, so I just signed a player from a loan deal to a full contract. He leaves on June 8th for Everton, then comes back to me on June 9th (the next day). When he gets back, the fans "Welcome exciting new signing Petrucci" to the team, and are anxious to see what he can do...which, really, they already know (he's the reigning Swiss "Young Player of the Year" having spent all last season on the exact same team he's on right now). It's like they don't remember yesterday. It's really minor, but kind of odd.

Second thing: I just had a player fail to learn a move, but I have no idea what move it was that I was training him for. The message should maybe say "Lulic failed to learn to hug the touchline" or something. Again, really really minor.

Both minor points, both very much worth addressing since you'd think the amount of work would be minimal for a nice reward. In my first season with Leyton Orient I took 4 youngsters on loan from Man Utd and 1 from Arsenal (this is in an edited league structure my friend and I have created which doesn't have loan restrictions) signing 3 of the Man Utd kids and the Arsenal kid on frees at the end of the season. All 4 of them were greeted by the fans as some kind of mystery despite the fact they'd made somewhere around 70 appearances between them the year before.

Should be simple enough for SI to sort out, and I agree with the second one, sometimes I have no idea what they were training to do.

I know for a fact that when this new feature was added, someone from SI would have spotted it and thought 'We should add to the message what skill they were actually trying to learn'.

It's obvious someone would have, but it annoys me year upon year they only add things gradually, even the most blindingly obvious. I honestly think it is just to make sure they have something new to add the next year, and to make sure the game isn't perfect so that we buy the game the year after.

Only an absolute imbecile couldn't spot some of the simple flaws in the game every year.

Archived