AI Teams building dynasties?

Well, just a quick question, but as human managed teams can go on runs and such, so can the AI.

This basically came about because I noticed that Bristol City on my save have scored in nearly 100 premier league games in a row, on their way to 3 titles in a row, and two Champions League final appearances.

So my question is:

Have you ever been completely unable to beat an AI controlled team because they were just way too good? Or on a holiday save has one team built a dynasty and controlled football at home and on the continent for many years?

2014 and Exeter City are building a dynasty. They are now pushing for the play-off positions in the championship. Ive started to keep an eye on them and have "attended" some of their matches and they have looked good. I'd say it wont be too long before they are in the prem, i'll keep you posted.

Basically, I holidayed ahead a few years, and Bristol City scored in 178 consecutive games... They have won 8 in a row prem titles, and have gone unbeaten for two whole seasons now. For an experiment I took charge of an already relegated Bradford P.A. side against them at their stadium... The result was an 8-0 battering. By the way, they get about 85000 crowds regularly...

Basically, I holidayed ahead a few years, and Bristol City scored in 178 consecutive games... They have won 8 in a row prem titles, and have gone unbeaten for two whole seasons now. For an experiment I took charge of an already relegated Bradford P.A. side against them at their stadium... The result was an 8-0 battering. By the way, they get about 85000 crowds regularly...

No offence mate, but that 'test' doesn't really prove much! You would expect Chelsea or Man Utd to beat Bradford Park Avenue about 8-0 in real-life!

No offence mate, but that 'test' doesn't really prove much! You would expect Chelsea or Man Utd to beat Bradford Park Avenue about 8-0 in real-life!

Did I tell you that this is in 2118? While Chelsea and Man Utd languish in the lower league BPA are struggling for their lives in the prem. Times change...

In my Liverpool save myself and Man City have been battling for about seven years. Occasionally someone else is in it but usually it's just us. Genoa has become dominate in Serie A in the same save.

Sounds much like mine, except that I am City. Real Madrid in La Liga, myself in EPL, and Genoa in Serie A and Europe.

Bristol City only dropped 4 points this season and scored nearly 200 goals in the premier league. Also beat QPR by 11 goals in the FA Cup final, won the community shield over Arsenal, beat Arsenal 7-1 in the league cup final, and 8-1 in the Southern League Cup final. In europe they beat Barca 6-0 in the ECL final.

And their reserves won their Group, and the Gloucestershire Challenge Cup. Their Under 18's won their Group, but missed out on a cup win.

So, all in all 9 trophies, including 6 trophies which senior teams contest. Their captain got 150 goals this season. Now I am going to holiday until 2030 and see where they are then.

Can we have pics of that last league table UH? Also that FA Cup result

Im guessing youre running Super Bladesmans file? How does it handle longterm saves?

Not bad actually, adds a bit of long term depth to the English leagues as it isn't just the same teams coming up for a year, and then going down again...

Something fishy about that Bristol City malarkey methinks.

Not really, they just got some insane regens thrugh at the same time, since then they have just lived off of them, they are all on the favoured personnel list now... Their dominance has ended anyway, they have come 2nd in the league twice in a row to Spurs and currently sit behind Leyton Orient and Man Utd as well this season.

Not really, they just got some insane regens thrugh at the same time, since then they have just lived off of them, they are all on the favoured personnel list now... Their dominance has ended anyway, they have come 2nd in the league twice in a row to Spurs and currently sit behind Leyton Orient and Man Utd as well this season.

What year are you in now?

And I will holiday through the night so it should be in about the year 2140 or so.

If you take it longer than 2143-44 it's the longest uploaded save ever in FM. The previous was 2143-44 on FM07. I also have my own save, on 2110 at the mo. Japan is taking over teh FM world!

Wow sounds great.

Any chance of a brief history of Leeds? How have they fared since 2009/10? When did they get back into the Prem? Any trophies? Get back into Europe?

And how have Swindon done?

And what about the National front? Any success for England? Any country become dominant for a decade or two?

If it's not too much hassle of course. Can't wait to download the file when it's released, although I fear it may crash my ancient computer. :)

Wow sounds great.

Any chance of a brief history of Leeds? How have they fared since 2009/10? When did they get back into the Prem? Any trophies? Get back into Europe?

And what about the National front? Any success for England? Any country become dominant for a decade or two?

If it's not too much hassle of course. Can't wait to download the file when it's released, although I fear it may crash my ancient computer. :)

Leeds won league 1 in 2011, and won promotion to the top flight in 2020 after 3 years of playoff heartache.

Since then they have been runner up in the prem once, third once too, won the FA Cup 6 times and been runners up 11 times, won the League Cup 2 times and lost in the final 6 times. In the community shield they are 2 time winners and 4 time runners up. In Europe, they have been completely and utterly *****... Never got past the first knockout round of a major tournament...

They curently site in the Championship awaiting a good manager after years of mediocreness.

Wow sounds great.

Meanwhile Swindon are currently in League One, they have been there for nearly 100 years I think, with only one season in the Championship and one season in the BSP and League 2 in their recent history. Won nothing of note... Played Prem football from 2064-70 72-73 and in 2089-90. Apart from that, not great.

As for England, do you mind if I don't talk about it. We have won 2 world cups since the game has been started, Scotland have won 3... That sums us up.

In my save, Genoa have become the team to beat in Italy, 4 Scudetto's on the bounce. Man City are constantly duking it out with their more illustrious neighbours Man Utd, fortunatly I'm coming out on top (United). Chelsea have faded somewhat but stil qualify for CL. Real Madrid rule Spain. Barca finished tenth in the season just gone. Newcastle also doing really well.

Meanwhile Swindon are currently in League One, they have been there for nearly 100 years I think, with only one season in the Championship and one season in the BSP and League 2 in their recent history. Won nothing of note... Played Prem football from 2064-70 72-73 and in 2089-90. Apart from that, not great.

As for England, do you mind if I don't talk about it. We have won 2 world cups since the game has been started, Scotland have won 3... That sums us up.

Woohoo us Scots have a good centurary to come. We will catch our neighbours one day.

lol. What all leagues do you have loaded?

Just England. I will try again with Scottish leagues if any demand is shown. Upload is painfully slow. About 8% through.

Ok id be up for that, although im probably going to do one with my power league database, see how money would affect the Scottish game.

How are Peterborogh and Carlisle doing if its not too much hassle to ask?

Ok id be up for that, although im probably going to do one with my power league database, see how money would affect the Scottish game.

How are Peterborogh and Carlisle doing if its not too much hassle to ask?

Peterborough were in the BSP for nearly 25 years, but now bounce around between the championship and League 1. While Carlisle are not currently in the League, they dropped out around 2080 and apart from a few seasons here and there in the BSN, and one in the BSS(WTF!?!), they are not playable and probably won't ber for a while...

Peterborough were in the BSP for nearly 25 years, but now bounce around between the championship and League 1. While Carlisle are not currently in the League, they dropped out around 2080 and apart from a few seasons here and there in the BSN, and one in the BSS(WTF!?!), they are not playable and probably won't ber for a while...

How's Oldham doing? And has Urawa Reds produced some genuine talent :D

One thing stands out about the screenshot (League table) and it's not the domination aspect (funnily enough), but that it is just as hard to Defend in the future-;). Back to the domination part: I have looked into some old ladies crystal ball and this is the future we can look forward to... How do you say "ridiculous" in english again?...

Domination comes and goes in phases, and usually ends with the end of the AI manager's tenure at a club.

Currently, Middlesborough have won five of the last six english titles, and done consistantly well in Europe (although have still failed to lift the trophy).

Although many other teams have had their periods of domination in the past...

Archived