Problem managing a national team.

Hi, on my first and only save i'm in the year 2011/12 managing Ipswich and Algeria, i have'nt really looked at the Algeria squad i have or anything like that, i just hired JayJay Okacha as an assistant manager to look after all of that whilst i continue with Ipswich, I took the Algeria job to basically make my CV look a bit fuller.

Well after 4+ months into the job i've come to my first international match in the main rounds of the African Cup of nations (I joined the team after they had qualified) and it seems that the Algeria squad has NO goalkeepers whatsoever, none in the National pool nor in ANY age group.

Basically i've saved the game and in one day i have my first international match, i cannot submit a squad as i need 3 goalkeepers in the team. My game has NO goalkeepers of Algerian decent in it, I'm using a medium database.

Will i have to leave my job as Algeria manager as it looks to me like its IMPOSSIBLE to even manage the team at least once?!

Pick only 20 players of the squad of 23, the computer will give you 3 grey goalies. Their talents will be based on national rep, so they will be iffy. If you want FMRTE 3 decent French goalies into being Algerian second nationality.

P.S. for future games it might be advisable to google a retain players edt file, which will allow you to have more players and increase regens form low rep non-selected nations.

Pick only 20 players of the squad of 23, the computer will give you 3 grey goalies. Their talents will be based on national rep, so they will be iffy. If you want FMRTE 3 decent French goalies into being Algerian second nationality.

P.S. for future games it might be advisable to google a retain players edt file, which will allow you to have more players and increase regens form low rep non-selected nations.

What's that Brian?

DerbyCounty - both the answers are correct, but if you holiday through it they may pick 26 players for your squad with no keepers! If you pick 23, it will leave room for 3 greyed out goalkeepers.

Great win for Derby today aswell - up the Rams!

Archived