Lincolnshire and South Humberside Nation Database

nine_iron

Hey Guys!

Ive just finished a database for a the nation of Lincolnshire and South Humberside! Anyone interested in beta testing? Its a fully working database of 24 teams in 2 leagues and a nation of over 50 teams in total. Anyone interested? I will put up a link soon! Just double checking it myself first!

Thanks to all the 9 downloaders so far! Still no downloads for the logopack though! Is it clear enough that people see it?? Its just a post or two below the database. Will make a combined one next time if i need to release a corrected database.

Thanks again to all the downloaders! makes all the hard work worth it!

Hope you enjoy the game Seafire.

Here is a little bit about the Nation:

The Nation of United Lincolnshire and Humberside has split from England. It takes the area around Hull to as far north as Beverley to the southern limits of Lincolnshire. The Capital is Grimsby, winning over Hull and Lincoln in a vote. The national stadium is the Conoco Stadium, just outside Grimsby. It has riches from oil and food. The standard of football is equal to that of the average top clubs position from the English league system.

This resurgence of football prompted a few new teams, in the top flight Immingham and Cleethorpes. Cleethorpes has been founded to fill Blundell park and Immingham have been reformed after many years. Other new teams have formed and those from many local and English leagues have joined to make up two playable leagues, a conference and some lower leagues. The main national cup is sponsored by Young's and the league cups are sponsored by Conoco.

Generally the players are all still young and the national team has a long way to go. It aims to place respectfully in any competition it enters.

It was a bit of a slog, I made a version almost to completion that I scrapped because of compounding errors. It was very much worth all the effort. I cant imagine how many evenings I spent on the database but its at least two months worth of work, not every evening but most! Well worth it! Any thanks "Sad Git" icon_biggrin.gif

Ive based it on the clubs place in the English pyramid, got the squads from web pages, newpaper articals and asking a few fans on here! The logos were done on GIMP and were a lot of fun!

Be warned not all websites give you DOB etc, so I made a lot of stuff up, Artistic licence...

Hey guys dont forget the logos!!! Just below the database! Ive seen that I still have 0 downloads for it! My bad for not putting them packed with the database! Im glad there has been no signifcant problems reported. Thanks to all those 12 at least who have downloaded!

Ta man, i made the 2nd and the 4th ones, the rest i got off websites etc. Hope the pack works well in the game and looks good! Thanks to all for making this a fun project! Hopefully people now know where Lincolnshire is!!!

Originally posted by nine_iron:

yes Nickfrier it would be! but that seems even beyond my time! maybe done as a group thing! I would love to see other people doing their counties too! I loved doing mine!

If you like then I could do a WWW league (Warks, Worcs, WMids). We could get a champions league by hijacking the Royal League, but for that we would need to adapt Denmark, Norway and Sweden to our respective areas. I don't know what nation you've used (I haven't downloaded yet but I'll make sure I do!) but I was thinking changing one of the Scandinavians and using the Slovakian league structure for mine.

I'd be glad to work on that with you if you're interested, the only real problem is that our counties would end up inheriting lots of Danish and Swedish players.

To make up the third county we could take a small area and swap it into the tinpot S-League, which is quick and easy to do.

Any thoughts?

Feel free to do what you want with my database and its contents, its not mine to own!

I will happily let anyone use it to base further work on! Essex already has a good lot of teams! Maybe a yorks/lancs rivalry? I would be happy to advise if anyone wishes to try something. Good luck Robot and any others if you try it!

Sorry guys! Saved wrong version if the Boston town config file. DOUGH!!! icon_biggrin.gif

In the folder in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\graphics\logos\Boston town you just need to add in 5103730 between // after club , making:

club/5103730/

Sorry for the mistake, it works on my version but not in the zip!

If you do not know how to do it the help can be found in the graphics and skins area.

I've used the Chilean league for an interesting stage-based West Midlands system. I gave up on trying to adapt Scandinavians to procure the Royal League before I started because changing the nationality of every Scandinavian player would have been much too much work.

I'm holidaying a few seasons now and will be interested to see whether the small normal season league system in Lincs or the large staged season system in Warks/Worcs sees the teams begin to even out first.

Just a few little things have come back on the Beta testing! I will endevour to list them for any to make the changes themselves, but also to make my own updated version! I hope all who have played it have enjoyed it even with its one or two errors!

Thanks again to all!

Thanks man! Ive notices a few relics from testing and one or two errors but I am sure peope can overlook them! Apologies for not seeing them but so much time in front of the database must have created a blind spot.

Its just one duplicate player at goole or grantham, I cant remember which. I will list up the full errors soon and post an edited version. WOO its the weekend and time to do these things!

WOO HOO!! All the potential errors turned out to be regen things! Phew! Sorry about the scare all! Should have thought of that sooner! Hope you all are enjoying it! I still see few are getting the logo pack too! It really enhances the game guys!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by nine_iron:

Hope you enjoy the game Seafire.

Here is a little bit about the Nation:

The Nation of United Lincolnshire and Humberside has split from England. It takes the area around Hull to as far north as Beverley to the southern limits of Lincolnshire. The Capital is Grimsby, winning over Hull and Lincoln in a vote. The national stadium is the Conoco Stadium, just outside Grimsby. It has riches from oil and food. The standard of football is equal to that of the average top clubs position from the English league system.

This resurgence of football prompted a few new teams, in the top flight Immingham and Cleethorpes. Cleethorpes has been founded to fill Blundell park and Immingham have been reformed after many years. Other new teams have formed and those from many local and English leagues have joined to make up two playable leagues, a conference and some lower leagues. The main national cup is sponsored by Young's and the league cups are sponsored by Conoco.

Generally the players are all still young and the national team has a long way to go. It aims to place respectfully in any competition it enters.

so are hull on it? any chance you could maybe list the teams? im gonna download it anyway but im at work in a bit so iv not got time now so any clues to what im letting myself in for?

Archived