Question about 48 month installments

Hell FM Fam,

I'm still fairly new t the game and had a quick question about 48 month monthly installments. I'm under the impression that if I make an offer of $26mil for one player with 48 month monthly installments of say whatever, then I'm paying that monthly until the $26mil is paid off. Is that correct, and if so do I have to have all the $26mil at once. I ask only because I've read threads of people signing all these big names but with 48month monthly installments. Is this a good way not to blow your entire xfer budget or another way of beating the system. Thanks . Sorry if it was a stupid question.

If you pay over 48 installments then it will take the first years worth of the payments (so 12/48 payments, or 1/4 of the total) out of your transfer budget at the time that the agree the deal.

So you need 1/4 of the total paid in installments available in your transfer budget at the time.

it is a very good idea, however i never use it as usually my teams lose money every month and all the monthly payments does is add to the monthly outgoings every month untill it is paid off.

also, if the player is a flop, then you are still paying for him every month

Archived