Team Star Ratings

Sorry, not sure if I phrased this right, but to try to explain what I mean:

If you ask for a team report, you get to the screen where they tell you the best player and young player in Defence, Midfield, and Attack.

You also get a picture of your formation with what I assume is the AssMan's strongest side, and a star rating for each player in the team.

Now my question is around those star ratings. What exactly do they mean? For example, is you have a 5 star player, is that relative to the team, or the league? The reason I ask, is that I've noticed that as I sign better players, my current players star levels have started to drop.

Is it possible to have a 5 star team?

In FM2010 it seems to be relative to the players you currently have at the club, it may also be tied into the league you are in or your expectations but the quality of your players has the most effect on it that I've seen - When I started my game in the lower leagues I had a player who was rated at 5 stars and as new players came in his rating slowly went down.

Your Assistant Managers judging Ability and Potential attributes will also have and affect on the stars.

I think it is possible to have a five star rates team but it depends on what kind of league you're in. If you're in a top league as a top team, for example man united, it is. But I think if you're a lower team, the better quality of players you have and the better quality of league you're in make the players star ratings adjust accordingly. I think they are about right for the type of league you're in. With Di Maria I think it depends on the position that the AssMan has him in because his favourite position might not be in that particular formation.

The star ratings depend on:

- Your team reputation

- The reputation of the league you are in

- The season starting expectations of your team.

It is claimed by a lot of people (including a couple SI staff) that they also depend on the quality of your other players... This effect, if present at all, my experience tells me is negligible -> I have made the following experiment - Create a team with max reputation and no players -> When I bought my first player he didn't get automatically 5 stars, even though he had 0 competition in the team, and also the stars of the players didn't significantly change while I keep buying more players for my team.

Archived