Really Low Signing Fees

Hi all,

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have seen this, and it's not really a bug, just a bit odd.

I'm playing in a low Swedish division, and when I sign players, they want really low signing on fees. Not that I'm complaining as I only have a 1k budget, but would a player during contract negotiations really say "ok, £150 per week is fine, but unless you pay me £3 signing on fee I'm just not signing".

Yep, I've had players ask for £3, £1 signing on fees (note this in not £3k, it is literally £3) - maybe this is a currency issue (the game settings is set to sterling, but I'm managing in Sweden) - but it just seems odd.

I just would have thought anything less then say £50 isn't really worth asking for - unless they want the bus fare home again?

It happens in the lower English leagues, too. I usually bump it up to a fiver, because I feel sorry for them.

Tight git. That won't even pay for the poor bloke's petrol to get to the contract signing!

It does happen. I am playing in tier 9 in the Northern Counties East Prem, and players earning £25 p/w part-time sometimes ask for a couple of quid signing-on fee. I suppose it's just relative to what they are asking for in wages.

Archived