that talent barrier

Has anyone else had their players hit their talent barrier. When i say this im not referring to maxing thier PA but more so for LLM who get promoted and their star players just no longer are good enough/.

Ive had this now, after a number of season of sucess (3 sucessive promotions Blue Square North, Premier and CCL2) and during all 3 season id built a new strike force but after realising my defence was a problem and that the strike force had been amazing the season before winning me the JPT and despite improving the midfield as well with a couple of brilliant experianced players signing on frees the strike force has just died. benjani who i got on a free last season and was the CCL2 top scorer just cant score, James Beattie looks out classed and my back up strikers, Lovenkrands and McSheffery(free signing this season) are just not upto league One football anymore. Its frustrating knowing that although ive built this magnificent defence for League one knowing my strike force has died and most games are either 0-0 draws or defeats, i just cant score anymore.

Has anyone else had a similar problem.

I noticed it most when i got to the premiership on FM09 not really experienced it on FM10 yet but i will. I was Oxford on 09 and basically i'd just won the championship easily but next season in the premiership i played Liverpool first game and got tonked 9-0 and Torres scored 8. :/

Just got promoted with Hayes & Yeading United in the CC L1, I don’t have great players but they should do the job. First game away against Leyton Orient, 1st minute, my DR who’s also my captain gets a red card on his first foul:eek:, 13 minutes in game own goal from my centerback:rolleyes:, 66 minutes my most promising striker picks up a 1 month injury:mad:. What a fantastic start of the season, isn’t it?

I signed Steven Hammel on FM09 and he was qaulity in the Championship for a couple of season's, But when we got to the Premier League he just could not hack it. Was constanly getting beat down the left and getting average ratings of 4.9/5 ish. Left him there all season to give him time to adapt to live in a higher league but he never improved.

He had what i thought to be good attributes but obviously he was not good enough for the Premier. We were ultimatly relegated back to the Championship, So i made a decision then that i would keep him for one more season(Because he was class in the Championship for me before) Then sell him when/If we got promoted. :D

I usually replace the squad a *lot* o promotion, so not really.

I usually done the same, it was simply because we scored between 94 and 134 goals between 3 differnt strike forces over the last 3 seasons and had conseaded alot so wanted to improve the defence which was really apart from the wing backs the same as BSN

Archived