Assistant Manager out to destroy me

Just started a new game, and arranged my own friendly matches with really low reputation clubs so i can get a really good morale going within mt squad, i played the first game and won 7 nil, half way through my second game i was up 7 nil again so quit the game by going on holiday and entering straight back into the game, i go a check my squad and just about every player was angry with ME saying i dont give the team enough credit. The game needs a looking at in the way the assistant talks to the players when your not in the game it must be set where he would say not good enough even when you have just destroyed a team, and this is not the first time it happens every time

anybody else notice this

It's your own fault! When you go on holiday and in Team Settings have "assistant manager takes control of teamtalks" checked, then what happens is no teamtalk are ever given because the assistant has been moved to manager. Untick this box and your assistant will give the teamtalks when working as manager, although he still might give the wrong teamtalk if his man management and motivating skills are poor.

That is what happens when you leave someone else to do the job you are paid to do.I have never agreed with going on holiday within the game..unless its a network game.Perhaps its your Ass man`s stats that are the cause behind his team talks?

I have the best Ass man possible on my my game and i find his team talks to be just fine.

I have to witness Asst Mans shortcomings pretty regularly due to the dodgy connection on my network game. It's so annoying when he makes 3 changes before half time and you can sit and do nothing about it.

What does tactical knowledge contribute?

Do you tell him what team to play when on holiday? He might be forced to start with the team you picked, but he sure as hell will make changes if it's the wrong team.

Tactical knowledge is presumably a managerial trait that will see the AI deploy the right tactics and instructions at the right time, but no one really knows. It might just be a cosmetic feature like so many things in the FM series.

I have edited my assistant manager to make him brilliant, see if it helps. Most games he says what I probably would, fair enough. But we just got beat 3-0 at home and he gave the general team talk as pleased, then went round giving 'delighted' individual talks to 9 players! We are third in league, and played team who were fifth - this makes sense!!!

To go on hollyday with no worries you should (and that's just my theory), besides your ass man having good stats and especially high discipline(15+) and probably adaptability(15+) man mangement, YOU The Manager should have good Squad discipline.

Witch may mean that you can't go on hollydays until you have established yourself on the squad

Archived