Do new stadiums increase the maximum ceiling support you get?

lam

Hey,

I was wondering if a new stadium allows you more supporters? I don't mean how many can come and watch you play. I mean does it increase your maximum following?

The reason I ask is that I see Spurs have a disapointlying small maximum following and was wondering what happens when I get my 60k stadium. Will I ever get larger one and if so, will I ever fill it?

LAM

What i mean is, is there a limit to how many fans you can have. YOu see numbers in the editors and I wonder if they can be increased.

If SPurs beome the best team in the world for 15 years, does that mean I can have 200,000 fans?

I'm not sure if 200,000 is possible, but assuming you are successful then the number of supporters will increase. The actual size of your stadium has no bearing on this, all it does is cap the number of these fans that will turn up on any given match day (assuming number of supporters is greater than stadium size). So, for instance with Spurs, it would be perfectly possible that you could go from filling 36k White Hart Lane one season, then next season fill 60k New/Expanded Tottenham Stadium.

Well, realistically, you would expect that a new stadium will translate into additional fans, if only from the extra publicity from the local press.

I am in a somewhat unique position in that I am an auditor of a professional football team, and they expect an increase in attendances around 20% from their new stadium.

I am not sure if FM2010 models this though. (I resisted the temptation to play the team that I audit...)

Not a very comprehensive or detailed answer I know, BUT, I remember someone saying on '08 they had a +100,000 seater built - so I can't see a board building that if they don't expect it to get filled.

And didn't Nep get a huge one built with his small team after years in the Champs League? Maybe I'm imagining that :o

Well, realistically, you would expect that a new stadium will translate into additional fans, if only from the extra publicity from the local press.

I am in a somewhat unique position in that I am an auditor of a professional football team, and they expect an increase in attendances around 20% from their new stadium.

I am not sure if FM2010 models this though. (I resisted the temptation to play the team that I audit...)

Do please share!

Have a look at this and in particular the circled area.

What I am interested in is the max attendance. It currently stands at 85126. Can this figure go up, or is this the absoloute maximum?

I am guessing that it does infact go up and that the only time for concern is when your stadium capacity is close to it as you may then not fill the stadium.

LAM

Archived