Worth it to improve facilities?

I'm playing as Chelsea (start of 2012/13 season) and just let Deco, Drogba, and Ballack leave on frees. Sold Cech and Zhirkov to City and Pool, and am left with a mostly young squad who I've been able to sign for lesser wages. I have over $1 million dollars of payroll available and nearly $80 million of transfer funds available (summer window just ended, had 100 mil but spent it on 3 players, so can't spend the 80 mil until winter).

With our current financial situation, 'm considering asking the board to improve youth and training facilities, as a new stadium is already in construction as well.

Will it have much of an effect? Is it worth it? What can I expect to be the improvements, also will it cut my available payroll or transfer funds, or does it come out of other money? What are the costs usually associated with these kind of upgrades?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

huh how have you done so well? im currently in the 2012/13 season as well for the last 2 seasons Roman has had to dump over £40M in to balance the books so how have you managed to get a new staduim?

Only buy young players, sell off stars who approach 30 (sold Joe Cole, Cech, Zhirkov, Ashley Cole all for $50 million or more, and numerous others for $20 mil+), winning most competitions on a year to year basis. When I sell youngsters I always try to include a 20% or higher '% of next transfer,' which usually nets me like 10-20 million or so a year. I don't always use all my available transfer funds and don't go after players who I have to overpay for, and when I do buy players for large amounts it's usually over the course of 36 or 48 months. Think all these combined for a pretty good financial control.

(This is the first year I've not been in debt, freeing up Ballack, Deco, Anelka, Drogba, Cech, and Zhirkov's contracts really helped me a ton)

When will the new stadium be up? If it's near completion, I wouldn't waste money on the current facilities now.

I already asked em and got approved, well they said they would look into it. Will the facilities go into Stamford Bridge and be wasted basically? Didn't even consider that, and it's going to be up in a year.

And I found it, it says "Gift loan of $954 million ($3.97 million/month until 11.17.2026 when in profit)"

Yes, the facilities will go into Stamford Bridge, and be 'wasted' when you moved to a new stadium.

Are you sure? My friends told me they wouldn't, can you direct me to any evidence supporting either way?

Just out of interest, what will the new ground hold mate?

I quite often do a Chelsea save, but the ground size can never be increased.

It doesn't say anything about the ground size yet, only information so far is the 57210 capacity.

Are you sure? My friends told me they wouldn't, can you direct me to any evidence supporting either way?

It doesn't say anything about the ground size yet, only information so far is the 57210 capacity.

That's what I meant by ground size mate! What it holds.

Ask the board if they say no then no if they say yes then yes.

What game are you playing? In FM2010 you can't ask the board if the improvements to facilities are based at your ground, so making it pointless to improve facilities if you are moving ground soon.

What game are you playing? In FM2010 you can't ask the board if the improvements to facilities are based at your ground, so making it pointless to improve facilities if you are moving ground soon.

It would be very strange if FM does have it's facilities based with your Stadium, as most teams don't actually train at their stadiums (eg Liverpool at Melwood).

It would be very strange if FM does have it's facilities based with your Stadium, as most teams don't actually train at their stadiums (eg Liverpool at Melwood).

I agree. I'm quite sure I have had a new ground built before and it hasn't affected my facilities one bit, for the reason you state. In FM10 though we now have 'corporate facilities'. These will certainly be at your ground, however you can not ask your board to upgrade these.

I would think though, that with a new ground your corporate facilities would be excellent.

That's what I meant by ground size mate! What it holds.

Ah my bad, thought you were talking about maximum field dimensions. What I don't understand is that my assistant always tells me the field is on the smaller side despite it being the maximum allowed haha.

My ground is going to be slightly bigger then yours :) 57832

Wonder what variables the capacity depends on...I'll probably try to expand it a year into its existence, barring funds. I'm due to receive nearly 20 million for a sale of a youngster in Winter and also one of the guys I sold a couple years ago for 1 mil (who now has a value of 16 mil) is wanting to leave his club, so if they sell him I'll get another 4 mil (25%) of that transfer.

Wonder what variables the capacity depends on...I'll probably try to expand it a year into its existence, barring funds. I'm due to receive nearly 20 million for a sale of a youngster in Winter and also one of the guys I sold a couple years ago for 1 mil (who now has a value of 16 mil) is wanting to leave his club, so if they sell him I'll get another 4 mil (25%) of that transfer.

nice one ive got a 2 season wait before i can move into my ground though so it will be tough :)

Archived