Tottenham win PL in First Season

If you think purely objectively, looking at the on paper talent the Spurs squad and then simulate a season where the other teams suffer poor luck in contibuting matches and Spurs good luck is wholly unrealistic?

I think Spurs have next to no chance of winning the league nut it is not an impossibility. Given that each first season is like a simulated 'alternate' reality orchestrated by FM then I woulna say Spurs are too overated. Definitely not worth four question marks.

Crouch is very overrated in the game imo.

On our day, we can beat any team in the league. The problem is we completely and utterly collapse as soon as something goes wrong (hence throwing away good leads against Man Utd, Man City and Everton in recent years, not to mention capitulating after the first two goals against Arsenal and being unable to ever beat Chelsea). Its hard to replicate that in the game.

If you think purely objectively, looking at the on paper talent the Spurs squad and then simulate a season where the other teams suffer poor luck in contibuting matches and Spurs good luck is wholly unrealistic?

I think Spurs have next to no chance of winning the league nut it is not an impossibility. Given that each first season is like a simulated 'alternate' reality orchestrated by FM then I woulna say Spurs are too overated. Definitely not worth four question marks.

I would say that. A couple of weeks ago I was testing the speed of my PC with a few different parts I had laying around. For that I timed how long it took to holiday through the first season of FM a bunch of times........Everton or Tottenham always won the league, except for the one single Chelsea win.

Man Utd never seemed to make it into the top 4

Look at last years game where Gunners were close to unbeatable, when did they win anything the last time?

Can the financial part make teams like Man Utd and Liverpool weaker?

It think it's very hard to make the game behave just like in real life and I don't expect it to either, but that's just me...

COYS,

JB

but this is liking saying man city winning the league in my game and being virtually unbeatable being unreal.

Its a game.

My mate always manages wrexham and already he has them in the premier league.would this happen in real life.no!!!

maybe 10 10 10

Shock results happen, teams who are not supposed to be close win things. It's football.

The beauty of football is in its unpredictability, but the beauty of a league system is that it reduces that factor and rewards the most consistent team, generally meaning the best team (on paper/how they are managed) wins the title.

I don't think Spurs could win the title by luck. They have some good players but they're a hell of a way behind Chelsea. Once you get past Defoe, Modric, Lennon and Palacios i don't think they are particularly special.

I did a lot of testing recently and Spurs have always qulified for CL. Chelsea won PL most of time with Totteham comming second, Arsenal almost every time came 6th. Mancester United won the league just once.

there's much more that influences these results than just player quality. for example in 4-3-3 formation wingers won't score as much as irl.

having said that, imo, many Spurs players are over-rated, with maybe just Lennon being slightly under-rated.

I mean they will probably give us a thrashing (Wolves) tommorow anyway, but winning the PL even with maybe a fully fit squad is very unrealistic???

If they had a full fit squad top 4 finish would be more believable

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear - so much for the thrashing :( This is evidence in real life anyway, why Tottenham probably will not get top 4 place, not to say it is not impossible if they were to keep the likes of Woodgate, Modric and King fit. But if there were to get rid of some dead wood from the squad namely Keane, Bentley, Pavlyuchenko, Hutton and possibly Jenas and get some quality players in then they might have half a chance.

• 3 months later...

Tottenham are too good on this game (Well at least on 10.3) Fact.

They've won 3 consecutive titles under Harry, comfortably.

Barclays_Premier_League-2.png

Reached 2 Champions League Finals.

europeanchampionscup.th.png

And tbf, their squad hasn't changed much. o drastic buys apart from 2 good signings of Pandev and Hazard.

Tottenham_Hotspur-3.jpg

However, nice to see Modric as a Spurs legend. Confusing that Redknapps only Favored Personnel.

Tottenham_Hotspur.jpg

Arsenal (trained by Frank Rijkaard) was the premiership side doing best while i was still at Toon in my save, with 1 league win and 3x 2nd places, as of late Aston Villa have also been dominant, City did also do decent

so what am i saying with this? not every game is the same

Arsenal (trained by Frank Rijkaard) was the premiership side doing best while i was still at Toon in my save, with 1 league win and 3x 2nd places, as of late Aston Villa have also been dominant, City did also do decent

so what am i saying with this? not every game is the same

Ah however, they do seem to win it on every 3 out of 5 games. If you don't manage that league or are a smaller PL team. I don't mind them winning it, just seems odd the way Man Utd one of the two strongest teams in the league sometimes even fail to make top for, even when they have a fantastic manager. Chelsea are abit more consistent on games, they normally win it most likely in the first season. I love how liverpool always miss out on Champions League spot, in my 2012 Brazil save, they've gone through 3 managers (All Spanish), on the brink of relegation.

I don't want to be a cynic, but if you simulate the league in full detail, there are times when goalkeepers can become a factor in determining the league winner.

If you think your Wigan or Birmingham are having big problems with opposition's superkeeper, AI's big clubs like England's big 4 have it worse! In my save, they are so dominant with possesion in every game yet tend to score 1 goal for every 15 chances. They drew and lost a lot of games they should have won by 5-0 if not for superjensen, supergordon, superjussi etc.

Tottenham is the best clubs without that curse. That's how they, or City, win it sometimes.

They got relegated in the first season of one of my games, no joke.

Rofl-Canister. Wish that would happen to them on my save. FOUR IN A ROW! Even Fergie couldn't manage that :O

EDIT:

No worries, he's retired now and Spurs are guaranteed relegation now. Rafa Benetiz has taken over LMAO

Spurs not made it into the top 5 in any of my 6 current career games. Good side. Done well in Europa, and won the FA Cup, but it being a game, and reality being altered the second we step into it, it's not exactly an issue if they win stuff.

I usually see Spurs, Man City and Everton outperforming 'Pool and Chelsea. Ancelotti just got sacked, actually, in my game. Arsenal finish in the top four, but City and Spurs make up the other two positions.

And Spurs just beat Barca twice in Europe!

yeah aand everton a top 4 club? noooo surely not.. soooo unrealistic :rolleyes:

and birmingham a top 10 club... shocking...

tottenhams squad is easily good enough for a top 4 finish... with the likes of defoe , crouchy, modric, huddlestone and lennon... easy.

they just havent yet...

I usually see Spurs, Man City and Everton outperforming 'Pool and Chelsea. Ancelotti just got sacked, actually, in my game. Arsenal finish in the top four, but City and Spurs make up the other two positions.

And Spurs just beat Barca twice in Europe!

What, in the first season, you must be joking!!!

Im currently managing tottenham, finished second in my first season. Chelsea won and were miles above the rest of us. I won the PL second season, but only just, and into my third now and im cruising at the top. Iv made a few change sto the team, but generally only bought youth, the team is fairly strong as it is.

We need a new striker, centre-back, and possibly right back in real life to compete like we do in the game. In the game, Crouch is a top player instead of a useless beanstalk, King and Woodgate both stay fit, and Corluka is better going forward. No doubt we'll end up with bleeding Matty Upson and John Carew or another couple of muppets IRL though.

Even though I have seen them do that well several times, it's hardly a rule. On my current file (I'm not in England) they have finished 9th, 4th, 10th and 6th in the first 4 seasons. Harry retired after getting them in into the top 4 and was replaced by a slightly less successful van Basten.

Being a Spurs fan, suprisingly enough - I've only been them a few times... I prefer to play as the obscure teams.

As far as IRL and FM differences with Spurs:

on paper we have a fantastic team with depth. Also Harry is a great manager, however FM cannot replicate out general 'Bottled-it-ness' when playing the top clubs. Thats the only major difference.

We have a good enough team to finish 4th IRL IMO, just lacking in guts at times.

I'm still hurting from the Pompey defeat. no more said :(

As far as FM for spurs, they are VERY easy to win the league with in 2nd season. Cant say I've seen us win the league in the 09/10 before. Also, Huddlestone turns pretty much World Class a few seasons in which helps. Get 35mill for Modric, buy Hazard and your laughing.

In my first season as Arsenal, Spurs was challenging in the top 3 all season, but towards the end, they let things drop and finished 6th.

Strangely though, in the second season (I am 6 games in), they are 15th with only 1 win. Thats what happends when you sell Modric in the summer break to Man City. Fools.

Archived