Pathetic Defending of the highest degree

Playing with Ekotto,Bassong,King and Corluka at Spurs.My defence is set to Man Mark although im not sure whos marking the Hearts goalscorer.

Already the goalscorer has found space between 3 of the 4 defenders you see

Defending1.jpg

Ekotto is made a mug and Bassong decides to help him

Defending2.jpg

WHY OH WHY!!!!! King decides he wants to hold hands with Ekotto and Bassong

Defending3.jpg

The ball gets played to the scorer and Corluka cannot get to him in time

Defending4.jpg

IMO, your 2 full backs deserve the majority of the blame, Bassong and King have gone to try and neutralise the immediate threat, which is correct, meaning Corluka should have picked up the free man, especially considering there is no one else to mark. Ekotto is at fault for being made to look like an idiot by an average player.

So your saying 2 CB's should both go to neutralise one player after one LB has already messed up.

If this happened in real life and every CB pairing went to close down 1 player alot more goals would be conceded.

Yes its the left backs fault in the 1st place but it shouldnt take 2 more players rushing into to deal with it.

IMO, your 2 full backs deserve the majority of the blame, Bassong and King have gone to try and neutralise the immediate threat, which is correct, meaning Corluka should have picked up the free man, especially considering there is no one else to mark. Ekotto is at fault for being made to look like an idiot by an average player.

So your saying 2 CB's should both go to neutralise one player after one LB has already messed up.

If this happened in real life and every CB pairing went to close down 1 player alot more goals would be conceded.

Yes its the left backs fault in the 1st place but it shouldnt take 2 more players rushing into to deal with it.

I was saying that after he'd beaten Ekotto, Bassong did the right thing going to the man, after he was beaten King had to go to him or let him straight through on goal. Corluka should've picked up the free man.

Well thats certainly the way it looks from the screenshots to me anyway

Defending1b.jpg

- First, your player got intercepted, most likely due to passing being to short(circled in match commentary)

- AI swapped attacker's positions

- Then your defender in yellow circle followed deep dropping striker(which was now operating on left-middle side) and got dragged out of position.

- Your middle right side is now wide opened and Hearts attacker can just freely walk into, since there is no defender( gap marked by yellow arrows).

- Your defenders hassle back, but they never made it to recover on time, resulting in goal.

I don' think it's AI poor defending that got you , but strict man to man marking, sorry.

Only ever man mark the centre forwards and if this is happening often and not just on the counter, play a bit more compact.

To be honest one of the centre backs has let the man get free probably becuase, you were just on the attack.

I'd also say that I've seen this goal scored numerous times in real life.

Archived