man utd now a selling club ?

in my current save game i am playing as man utd, just started season 2 and AC Milan have made a bid of just over 19million for Anderson and apparently the chairman thinks this offer is to good to turn down!

now i dont want to sell and i really dont think that this is very realistic at all after all we are talking Man UTD here, even more so seeing as he was a key member of the squad in the first season where we won the League and Champions League.

any ideas why this is happening or should this even be happening ?

in my current save game i am playing as man utd, just started season 2 and AC Milan have made a bid of just over 19million for Anderson and apparently the chairman thinks this offer is to good to turn down!

now i dont want to sell and i really dont think that this is very realistic at all after all we are talking Man UTD here, even more so seeing as he was a key member of the squad in the first season where we won the League and Champions League.

i agree Man Utd would never sell him for £18M as they payed over £25M for him just anouther anouying thing with FM

Man utd are in huge debt, could have been made worse by you, and therefore needs to sell players to keep making profits?

i dont think so, at the end of the 1st season i had 20million of that seasons transfer budget remaining, but still im not really sure they would sell one of their keys young players.

i dont think so, at the end of the 1st season i had 20million of that seasons transfer budget remaining, but still im not really sure they would sell one of their keys young players.

Even though you had 20M to spend the club still has a massive debt that their American owners took out. You should have a look at your finances screen and it should confim this debt.

I'm not in too much debt. Last 4 years I've spent over 350milllion maybe more and made not even a quarter of that.

You got to sell all your reserve. None of them are worth keeping then buy good regens. Sell backup players like Oshea, park, Obertan. I've won the league and a cups a few times so that's helped. Then I went on to sell Valencia, Vidic, Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Evra. Only original players I have is Nani, Rooney, Evans and the Twins.

I'm in my 5th season, have 70million to spend. I haven't spent anything big in the last 2 season, just brought good regens for 2/3/4million.

When you buy players make sure they are on a 48month payment deal. I brought Bale for 50million. Yeah my most expensive buy a left back.

I'm not in too much debt. Last 4 years I've spent over 350milllion maybe more and made not even a quarter of that.

You got to sell all your reserve. None of them are worth keeping then buy good regens. Sell backup players like Oshea, park, Obertan. I've won the league and a cups a few times so that's helped. Then I went on to sell Valencia, Vidic, Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Evra. Only original players I have is Nani, Rooney, Evans and the Twins.

I'm in my 5th season, have 70million to spend. I haven't spent anything big in the last 2 season, just brought good regens for 2/3/4million.

When you buy players make sure they are on a 48month payment deal. I brought Bale for 50million. Yeah my most expensive buy a left back.

That is TERRIBLE business sense! When you pay over 48 months, the clubs ask you for more than they would if you pay it all upfront. You should only pay it over 48 months if you can't pay it all at once. If you had bought Bale upfront he would probably have only cost you £20 - £25M!

Or he was over-rated before he joined, just like lots of foreigners.

Well maybe but most prospects coming out of the portugese leagues actually do well in big moves and personally watching him play in the portuguese league was amazing but i just think the epl didn't suit him and he should look to move to seriea or la liga to revive his career and i doubt man utd would be able to get £19m for him.

That is TERRIBLE business sense! When you pay over 48 months, the clubs ask you for more than they would if you pay it all upfront. You should only pay it over 48 months if you can't pay it all at once. If you had bought Bale upfront he would probably have only cost you £20 - £25M!

Nah he signed to A.Madrid for 12 million. Next 2 week or so I offered 20/25. The refused so I upped it to see what the breaking point was. It was 50million due to his get out clause. I needed a LB as Evra went for 17million. So it only costed me 33million really.

Check my del boy deals.

2011/2012 Sales

Carrick 14million

Foster 16 million

Total 41M

Spurs made 17.5 million bid for Evra

Potential Total Sales 58.5m

outr.jpg

2011/2012In

Bale 50million

Paloshci 45million

Total 125M

44115840.jpg

First Team

1ndteamxo.jpg

Back Up

2ndteamxo.jpg

Still need to find places for Kiko and Welbeck. lol

2009/2010

Brought 70m

Sold 34m

2010/2011

Brought 153m

Sold 66m

2011-2012

Brought 125m

Sold 58m

Total Buys over 3 years 348m

Total Sales over 3 years 158

Last year I came 3rd in the league, lost 5th round of FA cup, Lost final of Champions League, Won the League Cup. So suprised I am still able to spend spend spend.

Got to love these American owners. I still want another right back to replace Zuiverloon. He is good but I have a few RBs in mind who are better.

Last year only spend 20million on 5/6 young regens. This year doing the same.

My team can easily last me 3/4 years to which the regens will be good enough to take over.

Nah he signed to A.Madrid for 12 million. Next 2 week or so I offered 20/25. The refused so I upped it to see what the breaking point was. It was 50million due to his get out clause. I needed a LB as Evra went for 17million. So it only costed me 33million really.

And that makes good business sense? To me, the only good business in there was Athletico madric making 38 million in two weeks. Surely he must be up for manager of the year!

;)

Check my del boy deals.

My team can easily last me 3/4 years to which the regens will be good enough to take over.

i dont see how Man Utd havent gone bankrupt in your game with all that money spent

And that makes good business sense? To me, the only good business in there was Athletico madric making 38 million in two weeks. Surely he must be up for manager of the year!

;)

i dont see how Man Utd havent gone bankrupt in your game with all that money spent

Well I see it as an investment. I spend to win. I've won the league FA/League cups a few times. Been in 2 Champions League finals. Easily get 20million from each competition.

What's more bizarre is every year the board gives me 50million to spend. Also all the deals are on 48 month instalments so it's spread out.

I'm no accountant but the graph isn't too bad. Over the season it dips hugely but after it goes back up. Also I am the 3rd riches club.

77206591.jpg

At the moment I am not spending hugely. 10/15million each year on 5/6 regens. The current team I haven't added new players for 2 years.

1: Anderson is pap anyway

2: Man U *are* a selling club, or Real Madrid's feeder club, however you wanna look at it ;)

Ha ha ha very funny. Doesn't matter if we are selling or buying club, what matters is that we win trophies. What I can't really say for Liverpool...

And please don't use Man U. Thanks. :thup:

P.S. If Anderson is a pap, then by watching Lucas play, I still have a hope that I can become a pro footballer. ;)

Looks like awful business to me. You keep on pointing to the fact that you're only spending small amounts on regens but you bought Paloschi and Bale for nearly £100m - that's terrible, terrible business. You paid £33m for Bale than you sold Evra for!

Looks like awful business to me. You keep on pointing to the fact that you're only spending small amounts on regens but you bought Paloschi and Bale for nearly £100m - that's terrible, terrible business. You paid £33m for Bale than you sold Evra for!

Technical Stats wise Bale was better the Evra. Evra was approaching 29/30. His crossing dribbling pace had decrease to the point I felt Fabio was good enough to be 1st team. I searched for a LB. Found Bale, only 21 years old, Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Tackling, anticipation 15. Didn't mind paying extra for him. 21 years old can easily get 10 years out of him. Plus bonus of set piece being really good, he scores 5/6 goals per season. Assists 10 + So a very good buy IMO.

Someone buying a 30 year old left back for 17 million whose stats will decrease significantly over the 2 years and probably won't become first choice LB afterwards was too good not to turn down.

99501808.jpg

10 year service of a 21 year old scoring goals from freekicks, making double number assists for 33million is a good investment.

2/3 year service for a 30 year old declining dramatically for 17million is not a good investment.

I paid 45million for Paloschi because I needed a world class striker to partner Rooney who can get me 30 goals a season. With Rooney also getting 30 goals a season. 60 goals a season isn't bad at all. Paloschi was 20 years old when I got him, he developing to a world star. His finishing is 18.

I've scored 96 goals in the league, won it by 16 points. I won the league in March. Played the remaining 7 or so matches with my regens reserve. All might I add benefited immensely and now are being wonderkids status. I even played them in the Champions League 2nd round, quarter finals 2nd leg because in the 1st league I often win by 4/5 goals.

65873869.jpg

My team is built to last me a good 5 years. After which my regens should all be good enough to fulfil the gaps that are declining. Each year I spend maybe 10/20million on 5/6 regens all with 48 month spread of instalments. As long as I win a few trophys I get a large chunk of bonus, plus any TV revs, Sponsorships deals etc etc I can maintain the debt.

In previous versions I've accumulated 400, 500 millions with transfer budgets of 100millions because I take the Aresene Wenger route mix it with a bit of Sir Alex and buy youth and develop them to world class players making sure I win things to collect bonuses.

The long term plan is fine, but short term it is certainly not a good business plan. I wouldn't pay £50M for ANY real-life left-back, never mind Gareth Bale!

Plus, like I said, if you have money in the bank, stop spreading payments over 48 months, you will get the players cheaper, trust me.

I didn't mean like that! What I mean is, clubs accept less for a player if you pay for him upfront, if you get him over 48 months, the clubs ask for more money. Try it if you don't believe me!

I did do that in my first season. Was really hard to get the players you wanted without selling players first. Even then you wasn't guarantee to land the player.

With this system I get the team I want and able to maintain sustain it in the long run.

lol I never buy players over _ months

You've never shopped at DFS.

Even though you had 20M to spend the club still has a massive debt that their American owners took out. You should have a look at your finances screen and it should confim this debt.

lol do u have any idea what your talking about, if the debt is anything like it would be IRL then by doing the double would be enough to cover the costs of the loan im quite sure, didn't see Man UTD board over ruling SAF at the start of this season and selling off players he didn't want to leave, the only player to leave UTD left because HE wanted to no because SAF wanted to sell him, but this is not RL its a game based on it so....

i had just over 20mill left of the original budget, i also sold Park for about 15million cash at the end of the first season, Gibson went for about 5mill cash and also some of the reserves for various amounts. Now add on to that the prize money for winning the league, champions league, and 2 good cup runs i find it hard to believe that the board would over rule the manager and accept a "poxy" 19million for him considering how good he was for me in the first season, now what he might or might not be IRL is not the point in the game for me he is good and was improving still.

at the start of the 2nd season by saying i would win the league again the board offered me something like 45million transfer budget and an increase in the wage budget even though i was something like 150 thousand under the maximum allowed.

If it had been a poor season won nothing, struggling to make the top 4 or outside not qualifying for the CL, gone over budget with wages and blown all the previous years transfer budget then maybe just maybe i can see the board stepping in and selling someone...

Was he on loan last season? Some players I sent out on loan the season before was switched to "not needed" and listed for market price, and the chairman kept accepting them for me.

I've just finished my fourth season, won the league every year so far, gotten to two Champions League finals and won one of them. Spent €139 million and received €80 million so far. Biggest buy was Steven Jovetic last season, he cost €30 million when I bought him in January because Nani and Tosic weren't doing their jobs and I sold them in a fit of rage.

lol do u have any idea what your talking about, if the debt is anything like it would be IRL then by doing the double would be enough to cover the costs of the loan im quite sure, didn't see Man UTD board over ruling SAF at the start of this season and selling off players he didn't want to leave, the only player to leave UTD left because HE wanted to no because SAF wanted to sell him, but this is not RL its a game based on it so....

i had just over 20mill left of the original budget, i also sold Park for about 15million cash at the end of the first season, Gibson went for about 5mill cash and also some of the reserves for various amounts. Now add on to that the prize money for winning the league, champions league, and 2 good cup runs i find it hard to believe that the board would over rule the manager and accept a "poxy" 19million for him considering how good he was for me in the first season, now what he might or might not be IRL is not the point in the game for me he is good and was improving still.

at the start of the 2nd season by saying i would win the league again the board offered me something like 45million transfer budget and an increase in the wage budget even though i was something like 150 thousand under the maximum allowed.

If it had been a poor season won nothing, struggling to make the top 4 or outside not qualifying for the CL, gone over budget with wages and blown all the previous years transfer budget then maybe just maybe i can see the board stepping in and selling someone...

Woh woh woh, calm down there. Man Utd sold Ronaldo because they needed the cash to finance this massive loan. Only a fraction of the money was spent on the team.

Just like ManUre had to pull out of the deal to sign a fantastic young talent in Ljajic, due to lack of funds.

Woh woh woh, calm down there. Man Utd sold Ronaldo because they needed the cash to finance this massive loan. Only a fraction of the money was spent on the team.

Just like ManUre had to pull out of the deal to sign a fantastic young talent in Ljajic, due to lack of funds.

Hold on, Ronaldo wanted to go, and only a fraction was used? Valencia cost near £20m, Obertan cost around £10m, which is £30m, and Owen was a free. All players were good signings, and all Man Utd needed imo, they've just had terrible luck with injuries.

Where did you get that Ljajic info from? Because there are so many rumors going round, he couldn't get a work permit, he hadn't progressed enough, money problems, it seems to me that you've got a chip on your shoulder so you wish to believe that whatever bad is said about Man Utd is true, even if it isn't.

Oh and before you say I'm a Man Utd fan, I actually support Wolves :)

Hold on, Ronaldo wanted to go, and only a fraction was used? Valencia cost near £20m, Obertan cost around £10m, which is £30m, and Owen was a free. All players were good signings, and all Man Utd needed imo, they've just had terrible luck with injuries.

Where did you get that Ljajic info from? Because there are so many rumors going round, he couldn't get a work permit, he hadn't progressed enough, money problems, it seems to me that you've got a chip on your shoulder so you wish to believe that whatever bad is said about Man Utd is true, even if it isn't.

Oh and before you say I'm a Man Utd fan, I actually support Wolves :)

I have no personal interest in what the reasons were, just from the information I have seen, that is the impression I got.

But please let's not get facts twisted please. Antonio Valencia cost around £16M, whilst Gabriel Obertan cost Man Utd around £3M, nowhere near £10M, so don't just grab prices out of thin air to suit your argument!

That is a combined total of under £20M. Your figures come to £30M.

And either way, I would say £30M, or the more accurate figure of £20M IS a fraction of the £80M they received from Madrid for Ronaldo! :)

According to transfermarkt.co.uk transfer expenditures were £24.386.000 plus £5.340.000 for the 2010/11 season.

And either way, I would say £30M, or the more accurate figure of £20M IS a fraction of the £80M they received from Madrid for Ronaldo!

It could be that Ronaldo's transfer was a covering for budgets from previous seasons. In 07/08 expenditure was £92.115.000 and in 08/09 £40.272.500. When transfer income for those two seasons is removed, it comes round to £90M debt so Ronaldo's transfer almost completely nullifies it.

I personally don't think that they have a major lack of funds issue. They did spend a lot in the last three seasons, but they won a lot also. Two CL finals, three PL titles, tons of sponsorship money...

And in any case, when you sell the best player in the world you can't try to replace him with a winger from Wigan! You could have Valencia and Obertan BOTH on the pitch and they would do less than Ronaldo on his own.

If Utd didn't have money problems they would have tried really hard to sign Frank Ribery or David Silva.

... And a £700M debt to pay off!

Yeah, but that debt didn't stop them to spend close to £100M in 07/08 and close to £160M in the last three seasons (and that is without the January 2010 transfer window). Fact is that Man Utd is run by a bunch of successful businessmen who will keep the club as long as it is generating profit for them or at least as long as there will be a profit in the long run, and sell it as soon as things start to look bad 'cos no one likes to lose £1 billion, no matter how rich they are. According to wiki, Glazers net worth is $2.2 billion and the first portion of the debt is due 2013 (I think) and Man Utd isn't the only thing that earns money for them.

And in any case, when you sell the best player in the world you can't try to replace him with a inger from Wigan! You could have Valencia and Obertan BOTH on the pitch and they would do less than Ronaldo on his own.

If Utd didn't have money problems they would have tried really hard to sign Frank Ribery or David Silva.

That really isn't a valid argument 'cos you can put it another way: if they did have money problems, why would they spend so much on a winger from Wigan? And why would they spend tons of money on Ribery or Silva when (according to FM database) both play on the position that is well covered (Giggs and Nani)? Also, didn't Bayern make it very clear that Ribery is not for sale?

it was widely reported that Ronaldo wanted to leave Man UTD the season before but SAF managed to talk him into staying another season, Ronaldo left the second season because he wanted to leave not because Man UTD HAD to sell, please link any reports from viable sources regarding Man UTD having to sell him to cover any loan/debts.

SAF is on record (i saw him being interviewed on sky sports news) saying he did not spend anymore of the Ronaldo transfer money because he would not pay the stupid prices clubs were asking for players.

as for the Ljajic deal, well all the reports i have read and heard have said they pulled out of the deal because he has not progressed as they think he should, again saying they have a lack of funds is just pure speculation, unless someone can show me a viable report of this.

I have no personal interest in what the reasons were, just from the information I have seen, that is the impression I got.

But please let's not get facts twisted please. Antonio Valencia cost around £16M, whilst Gabriel Obertan cost Man Utd around £3M, nowhere near £10M, so don't just grab prices out of thin air to suit your argument!

That is a combined total of under £20M. Your figures come to £30M.

And either way, I would say £30M, or the more accurate figure of £20M IS a fraction of the £80M they received from Madrid for Ronaldo! :)

I thought Obertan signed for something near £10m, that's what a few Man Utd fans told me, after a little research, it seems it was £3m, so I do apologise, but Valencia was £17m, Obertan was £3m, Mame Biram Diouf was £3-4m, and Sean McGinty was undisclosed, that comes to around £25m, so I wasn't grabbing prices out of thin air! I was going on what ACTUAL fans told me. Yes I know £25m is less than what I said, but I wasn't too far off, neither were you.

Man Utd may well be in debt, but that doesn't stop them spending, if Fergie thinks they need to spend, they will, he's shown that, that debt will not wreck the club, it will either get paid off, or they'll leave the club and it'll get paid off some other way.

I thought Obertan signed for something near £10m, that's what a few Man Utd fans told me, after a little research, it seems it was £3m, so I do apologise, but Valencia was £17m, Obertan was £3m, Mame Biram Diouf was £3-4m, and Sean McGinty was undisclosed, that comes to around £25m, so I wasn't grabbing prices out of thin air! I was going on what ACTUAL fans told me. Yes I know £25m is less than what I said, but I wasn't too far off, neither were you.

Man Utd may well be in debt, but that doesn't stop them spending, if Fergie thinks they need to spend, they will, he's shown that, that debt will not wreck the club, it will either get paid off, or they'll leave the club and it'll get paid off some other way.

Recent newspaper reports (today - NOTW, The Times) would suggest they are working within financial constraints that your fan friends either dont know about or dont want to acknowledge, Servicing a £600 million debt is not cheap, especially at the extortionate rates that the Glaziers are paying. Interest alone is £60 million a year, thats without eroding any of the capital. That equates to all champions league money (if they get to the final), and all premier league (winners) and TV money for one season, just to clear the interest.

Recent newspaper reports (today - NOTW, The Times) would suggest they are working within financial constraints that your fan friends either dont know about or dont want to acknowledge, Servicing a £600 million debt is not cheap, especially at the extortionate rates that the Glaziers are paying. Interest alone is £60 million a year, thats without eroding any of the capital. That equates to all champions league money (if they get to the final), and all premier league (winners) and TV money for one season, just to clear the interest.

Oh right, fair enough, I didn't know this, by the sounds of it, the Glaziers are wrecking the club, which is a shame really. Can The Times & NOTW be trusted sources though?

Recent newspaper reports (today - NOTW, The Times) would suggest they are working within that your fan friends either dont know about or dont want to acknowledge, Servicing a £600 million debt is not cheap, especially at the extortionate rates that the Glaziers are paying. Interest alone is £60 million a year, thats without eroding any of the capital. That equates to all champions league money (if they get to the final), and all premier league (winners) and TV money for one season, just to clear the interest.

every club in the world is working to some sort of "financial constraint" depending on their budget, league, what country they are in etc well every club apart from Real Madrid who are seemingly backed by the national bank ;)

noone is saying Man UTD's loan is no massive or there is a huge amount of interest to be paid off each year alone, but UTD are a global brand which alone will bring in a massive amount of money then look how successful they have been over the last 3 years,then you have sponsorship deals etc.

Archived