My game suddenly gone slow

Was playing Football Manager 2010 today and i was scouting a list of players (around 6000 players) and when i clicked scout the game went really slow. And everytime I went to a new screen it would take around 15-20 seconds for the page to load. Quit the game and started a new game and the problem is still there. Still very slow to load up pages its really annoying me.

My new game I'm playing a small database size and only one country running with one league.

Is it the fact that I tried to scout 6000 players at once that has made it slow or what?

Please help :)

This can occur because a process thread locks up, easiest fix is a restart. Just yesterday Ad-Aware did this on me on my old laptop, its too old to play FM but I use it for net browsing and MSN while watchin TV.

If that doesnt work screenshot your task manager with threads listed by % CPU

Please SI I need some help on this. Been playing the series since CM01/02 and I cant bear the game not working. :(

When playing it can jump to page to page quick then at one page it gets stuck and its taking up to a minute to get to that page then goes on as normal for a bit until it gets stuck again. :confused:

Please help I need to fix it?

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah try deleting the following:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Hope that helps :thup:

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

Yes tryed that and restarted it without any luck. Any more suggestions?

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

I will try this has been happening the last few days. Can you delete it with the game running? Or does it have to be off?

You scouted 6000 players....wow....pretty sure that would slow it down. Cant you select them all and say remove scout report/remove from shortlist then just scout a smaller group of players.

Having that many scout reports does not slow the game down, but having them selected certainly does. Not sure about having them on your shortlist, I have a feeling that may slow things down as well.

also it sounds stupid and dodgy nbut i had the same until someone on this forum recommended

a freeware piece of software called game booster

google it and download my speed has been dramatically improved as it stops running all laptop processes not needed with it and debug the game as well

thats my recommendation and seems others 2. it stops all background programmes working and edbugs the game

Having that many scout reports does not slow the game down, but having them selected certainly does. Not sure about having them on your shortlist, I have a feeling that may slow things down as well.

I do the same thing, appoint a scout to scout all the 15-17 year olds in the game. He produces over 6000 reports :D (Hey he has a whole year to do them).

But this shouldn't slow things down as he only generates 10 reports per day at the most.

I have a feeling that cache thing won't work as I have tried this before.

• 2 weeks later...

The same thing happened to me on FM09, and I thought I was the only one. I would often make large shortlists filtered by age, or if they had finishing over 10, or some crap, and then scout them all.. but then the game would start lagging and go crazy. This has happened in FM09 and FM10 now, FM08 is fine. I am free to make as big a shortlist as I want and it keeps playing.

I suppose it's reassuring that I'm not the only one with this problem, but still, I haven't worked out how to solve it. I've cleared the cache, my graphics drivers should be good enough to run it (well, I've run FM08 and FM07 for plenty of seasons with none of this happening) and I have gotten in a few seasons on 09 and 10 and it has been fine.. but this is so frustrating.

I might download Game Booster. I honestly can't see it helping me with this.. but I may as well give it a run.

• 1 month later...

While it's probably not the same problem, on this FM and the last one, the game would run well for 5 mins, then become almost unplayably slow(completely unplayable if you don't have any patience). It was because the heat sink attached to my graphics card in the laptop had fallen off, so anything remotely graphical, even FM, made my computer overheat, which slowed down my laptop. Even when I solved the heating issue via a fan and cooling mat, It still slowed down far too much, as the computer took loads of memory from my shared RAM and slowed it down.

Archived