Help Me Fix My Poor Planning

So here's the deal. It's the 2010-2011 season; I'm Grasshoppers of Zurich. At the beginning of the season, I made a loan bid for a young Everton AMC, who's done fantastically for me (and may win Switzerland's youth player of the year). I had the foresight to include a future fee of 1.4 million; since the kid's worth about three times that, I certainly want to exercise that option.

So it's now May 11th, and I'm not even thinking about the loan, when I get the message that the loan is up in four days. I've got 200k left of my transfer budget. Can I salvage this? I'm willing to move players (he's the fulcrum of my attack), but don't want to sell someone if I won't get the cash until the transfer window opens in June...and anyways, I'm not sure I can rush a transfer through in time (four days to offer-get a contract-complete it-etc. seems really tight). The board's not giving me more money, either.

So tell me, folks: Is there any way to keep my player or am I screwed?

This is exactly what I was talking about in another topic, where we really should be able to communicate more with the board. In real life you'd obviously speak to the board and they'd probably allocate the funds.

In the game, you're f*cked.

It's my own fault, I blew the cash on a striker (who will also be good, but still) back in January. I was flush with cash back then.

Hopefully taking Switzerland into the group stage will mean I can raise enough cash to buy him outright next season...but I'm gonna be slightly screwed for the Swiss Cup final. Ah well.

Will they accept payments over time for a future fee?

It's my own fault, I blew the cash on a striker (who will also be good, but still) back in January. I was flush with cash back then.

Hopefully taking Switzerland into the group stage will mean I can raise enough cash to buy him outright next season...but I'm gonna be slightly screwed for the Swiss Cup final. Ah well.

Will they accept payments over time for a future fee?

I don't know about the transfer but i do know he will stay with you until the last game of the season if you brought him in on a end of season loan.

Hmmm...possibly. And my club's got tons of cash (relatively speaking; we're about 9 million in the black)...maybe I can drop a couple of players who're just sucking up wage money and funnel their unused wages into transfers as well?

Yeah, you could do that, though you'd have to pay the players you kick out comp.

Have you tried asking the board for more transfer funds?

Yeah, they're irritated with me already from January, when I hit them up for cash. I started the season with a 70k budget, of which I have 200k left; we were in some minor debt at the beginning of the season, but we're now in the black 9 million and I'm about to win the league...plus, there's CL TV money from the end of the season coming in (I think?), and I've got two or three players that are going to be offloaded (dead weight, but good money). So I asked for cash in January, was rebuffed, and since I had asked in August (because, really, what can one do with 70k?) I've been told to stay out of the board room.

I don't mind paying comp unless it comes out of my transfer budget (does it?); I'll burn that money instead and make some back reallocating the wages into my transfer budget (although, since it's May, there's probably not a lot to be made there).

Since I've got 200k now, I only need about 150k to make the 1.4 million over 48 months viable; I think I'm going to save my game and see what I can do.

If you are really desperate then you can use FMRTE to give you those 150K at this moment, and write it down so you remember it. Then when you get next seasons budget, you can remove 150K from you balance/transfer budget again. This will be just like a small loan :).

Sometimes the board wont give you transfer funds but are happy to increase your wage budget (which you can then convert to transfer funds)

if you have some spare wage budget not sure how much you need the you can transfer it to transfer money(lol) to do this click on your team tab near the top middle of your screen a drop down menu should appear go down to the 'board room one and look at the bit about fianacess there should be one on the tranfer budget and how much you are spending on wages go to edit budgets and slider the slider towards the end marked transfer(note this only works if you a certain amount under your wage budget) hope this helps

Ultimately it doesn't matter, because he doesn't want to stay. Dammit. :(

I have the same problem. Loaned a player who was getting no games and rated at £3m, or something like that. He's now rated at £6.75m and has no interest in joining us. If he was interested, I could buy him for £2.6m! :(

Archived