Biggest revenge in fm 2010

Well I started the season with the friendlies (chelsea) and wins and got ronaldinho (didn't get villa :@) and for the commiunity shield we faced man utdand for the 90 minutes we were pawned by them 3-0 so bad and the first fixture for the premire league was against man utd again but this time we got ronaldo (Brazil from Corinthians) and we had that match and we scored 3 goals to nil in the 1st half and drogba scored two with 1 from the signing ronaldo so it was a very great revenge and before the match Alex ferguson was quoted saying "We would beat chelsea" it was a sweet revenge anyone had a good revenge like that

The best one for me was when Altidore wanted to leave my Hull side to join a "bigger club" his contract was up in the next summer so I sold him for near £13m and signed in Jo for under £5m, in his 1st game at home in the new season Jo bagged a hat trick in a 7-2 win against Stoke and Altidore was kept quiet all game.

What why just have a go at him just answer the question jeez, some of the people on this forum are such twats

I agree - English may not be his first language so there was no need to for that comment. And if English is his first language then just answer the question. His point came across and was easy to understand even if the wording was poor.

I remember facing Getafe mid season and i had not been beaten all year so far and i remember that i had thrashed Getafe the last time i played them, so i was over cocky and 100% sure that i was going to whoop them again, so sure that i criticised one of there defenders as the weakest link and had a go at there manager. Needless to say i was properly thumped 3-0 by them...oh how the mighty have fallen.

What why just have a go at him just answer the question jeez, some of the people on this forum are such twats

Completely unneccisary comment to be honest. He really didn't have a go at him.

But either way :) The best thing in FM for me, is revenge! I thrive on it.

Example in my game that is just happening as we speak, lost 2-0 to Wolves for Portsmouth in the league :( They spanked us, we didn't get a sniff. But the following week we had them in the Carling quarter finals and we destroyed them 4-1 :)

Felt awesome! I can't remember what my team talk was before the game but it wasn't positive!

I have had this happen a lot in various versions of FM: "Manager X: [My team] won't win anything this year!" or some such nonsense. My favorite was when Benitez said it about my Man United team this year as were top of the league. I won 2-1 at Anfield and then kept telling him he was a crap manager for the rest of the year and into the next. The next year he was fired when Pool were underperforming. I promptly offered him a contract as my ass man. He rejected it saying he would never accept such an offer. I agreed -- it was too high a salary and too good a position. So I reduced the salary to next to nothing and kept offering him various jobs like coach, physio, scout. Wanted a janitor option where he would pay me, but not available sadly. He was hired to coach Spain and I still offer him the positions and pull David Silva from friendlies to mess with him. Might buy a few more Spanish players to do this and help him lose his job. Silva isn't happy when I do it, but he gets over it.

I agree - English may not be his first language so there was no need to for that comment. And if English is his first language then just answer the question. His point came across and was easy to understand even if the wording was poor.

It makes no difference if English is his first language or not, punctuation is universal.

Even people who may not be as intellient as others can use a full stop to make their posts easier to understand, it's just laziness.

My assistant keeps getting me in this sort of situation, I let him handle press conferences and every time he is asked/has the opportunity to he lets the world know that Notts County will not get promoted. This was galling in league 2 as Notts County were my main rivals to the title, so they always played out of their skins when they played us. He kept doing their team talk for MacParland.

As the game progressed though, now we are both in league 1, I am sitting pretty in the playoff zone while they are bottom 3. So he is keeping quiet on County atm. No doubt he will start again soon. I think he hates them.

Archived