Dean Ashton

Yes, injury proneness is represented. It never seems to be represented in the extreme cases as it is in real life. Louis Saha when at United, never had a time in FM like he has in real life. Gary Neville has been fine in FM for the last 2 seasons, 2 seasons where he has struggled with constant niggling injuries.

I think I didnt explain what i meant clearly, I meant that certain players injury proneness is not shown fully in the game. Such as certain injuries that has happened before the game was released. I know that injury proneness is in the database and that it can be changed in the editor to make it more 'life-like'

I think I didnt explain what i meant clearly, I meant that certain players injury proneness is not shown fully in the game. Such as certain injuries that has happened before the game was released. I know that injury proneness is in the database and that it can be changed in the editor to make it more 'life-like'

Kerlon seems spot on though. He has had three new knee injuries since the start of my game ruptured his cruciate ligaments again (something he has done twice before the start of the game too).

Yeah, it is very rare, however it does happen. John Rooney has just got a 9 month injury for me on his first game back for macclesfield after a 4 month spell out with injury. :(
Its not unfair to say injury proneness is represented in game. It's in the database, every player has an injury proneness stat that you can view with the eidtor :)
Injury proneness is represented ingame Goobertron :thup:

I didn't say injury proneness wasn't represented at all. What i meant was what others have already said that injury proneness isn't represented accurately.

I've literally never seen an injury in FM as severe as Eduardo's for example. I've also never seen injury proneness in FM as bad Ashton, King, Saha, Hargreaves, Rosicky etc. etc. etc.

I didn't say injury proneness wasn't represented at all. What i meant was what others have already said that injury proneness isn't represented accurately.

I've literally never seen an injury in FM as severe as Eduardo's for example. I've also never seen injury proneness in FM as bad Ashton, King, Saha, Hargreaves, Rosicky etc. etc. etc.

A very valid point.

The 9 months Robbie described is nowhere near how long Hargreaves has been out for.

Maybe a new stat could be implemented. Injury Proneness of 21, triggers consistent injuries where as 20 being the max for normal players is just how it currently is. Imagine buying a regen then he suffers a serious injury and is plagued for the rest of his career forcing him to retire early.

I agree with Goob. I've had Ashton fully fit for 5 years straight without a injury. Tad unfair to say its represented in the game when it clearly is not

One thing I'd point out is Steven Gerrard - If you remember until he was about 23/24 he was always injured but almost over night he went on to be able to play full seasons. ledley king is slightly different as his is a specific injury that should be replicated

As for Dean Ashton I am gutted he has had to retire; He was an awesome player and would have been a quality player for England alongside Defoe/Rooney lets hope average players like C.Cole and Crouch suffice. Stikers are a big concern for England IMO

Archived