This is ridiculous! Sigames Pls look at this

I was playing FM2010 with the latest patch.

Had played 33 games in my season, first, one defeat and was absolutely wrapped.

All of a sudden...

Bang! A serious error message comes on, and the game exits

I was fuming.

How can you release a game with so many bugs. I payed $AUD80 for this game and I expect to get my worth

This is ridiculous

No offence but.......

You are contradicting your self a little I think. You say you were \\\"absolutely wrapped\\\" with the game until the above happened - so whats with then saying \\\"How can you release a game with so many bugs\\\"? :confused:

It is soo annoying what has happened to you and I hope you made a recent save so you havent lost too much? Have you tried re-starting the game?

You need to tell us more about the message on your screen and maybe look at the threads about the bugs found as there are thousands of people playing without problems.I know its bad but if you follow the advice of the others who have had the same problem then it may help you.

No offence but.......

You are contradicting your self a little I think. You say you were \\\"absolutely wrapped\\\" with the game until the above happened - so whats with then saying \\\"How can you release a game with so many bugs\\\"? :confused:

It is soo annoying what has happened to you and I hope you made a recent save so you havent lost too much? Have you tried re-starting the game?

He doesn't say he was "wrapped" about the game did he? He probably meant he was "wrapped" about how well his team had done.

He doesn\'t say he was \"wrapped\" about the game did he? He probably meant he was \"wrapped\" about how well his team had done.

Only he will know the answer to that. :)

Either way it is just plain silly saying that he cant believe how full of bugs the game is when he was wrapped/enjoying/liked how well his team were doing after playing over 30 games with them.

IMO poor choice of wording......just my opinion. :)

I have had a shedload of problems this year - installation, crash dumps, game crashing unexpectedly, and lots more.

However, having downloaded the patches, and following the advice in the bugs forum, etc, not to mention all the friendly and helpful advice I have had on here from SI staff, mods and other forumers, I now have the game working perfectly and it is a brilliant game.

To anyone experiencing problems, post constructive messages on here asking for help, and believe me you will get it. There are a lot of friendly people here willing to help, and if you follow the advice, I'm sure you will get it working fine.

Also, put on weekly save like I do, and if it does crash you won't lose all your data! :)

However, having downloaded the patches, and following the advice in the bugs forum, etc, not to mention all the friendly and helpful advice I have had on here from SI staff, mods and other forumers, I now have the game working perfectly and it is a brilliant game.

One of the few that realises that.

I take my hat off to you sir :)

Sorry to hear you have had problems with a crash. All i can suggest is that you make sure the game is patched up to the latest version and that all your computers drivers are up to date. I hope that you don't encounter such problems again :)

sorry be blunt, but this seems to be a stock answer for any issue highlighted to you or your team.

The game has what looks like a memory leak on my system. If you watch the memory usage during processing it just continually rises and is never released, shortly after it gets past 1.8gig it crash dumps.

The only solution I have found so far is to save before every game :( -and yes I have spent ages getting getting drivers for graphics sound and motherboard updated

Sorry to hear you have had problems with a crash. All i can suggest is that you make sure the game is patched up to the latest version and that all your computers drivers are up to date. I hope that you don't encounter such problems again :)

the reply was allmost like sending out a standard letter without reading what the complaint was about ..

the op was : key points

I was playing FM2010 with the latest patch.

Had played 33 games in my season, first, one defeat and was absolutely wrapped.

All of a sudden...

Bang! A serious error message comes on, and the game exits

I was fuming.

How can you release a game with so many bugs. I payed $AUD80 for this game and I expect to get my worth

This is ridiculous

so Si REPLY make sure the game is patched and your computers drivers are up to date.

how can you play that many games only then to be told update your drivers

it really says it all .. They just dont read

sparks199 - it is practically humanly impossible to release a total bug free game. even with 2 or 3 patches attached at a later date there would be a few other bugs also. When you fix 1 bug that could have an adverse reaction to the game whic inturn creates another bug.

sparks199 - it is practically humanly impossible to release a total bug free game. even with 2 or 3 patches attached at a later date there would be a few other bugs also. When you fix 1 bug that could have an adverse reaction to the game whic inturn creates another bug.

That's why you employ testers :thup:

maybe next time they can release a working full game next time aswell

All games have bugs and one of the good things about FM10 is that it doesn't have loads like other football pc games like Championship Manager and Fifa. The reason for things happening like what happened to FC Panathinaikos is because there laptop/desktop doesn't have something that fm needs to run. Like up to date graphics drivers or enough RAM.

FC Panathinaikos

I recommend updating your drivers. This can be done easily by right clicking anywhere on your desktop then clicking personalise. Then click display settings, then advanced settings, adapter, then properties, then finally drivers. Then press update drivers, and tell windows to automatically seach for drivers manually and from the web. Then wait 15 minutes whilst Windows finds and updates your drivers. Now restart your computer. Your new drivers should now be working. FM shouldn't crash at all now if the crash before was because of your out of date graphics driver.

It wont sort out the crash dump problems but click the FM button>preferences>Auto save interval (I have this at every forghtnight)>Auto save mode (I have this as 3 file rolling auto save). This will allow you to survive the crash dump without too much progress lost. Frankly you should do this anyway as power outages, accidental power offs etc. can all happen. I currently have three saves for my own game and they take up 300kb after a years playing ingame on a large database 12 nation game.

Joe Seddon : Cheer's bud good advice , tried it but it say's my system has already got the most up to date drivers , any other thought's ?

Maybe a better graphics card or some more RAM. Check how much you have left by clicking on your C: drive then properties. Otherwise I'd recommend forking out £30 for a good graphics card.

The latest patch sorts it for 'some users'. So clearly even SI know the problem will still exist for some.

Personally, since downloading the latest patch I haven't had any 'normal' crashes and only one 'crash dump'.

I have auto save on though (weekly) - it only takes a minute and I would rather that than lose hours and hours of work.

That's why you employ testers :thup:

King Costly, I'd like to refer you to a post I made a while ago explaining how testing actually works. Have a read and hopefully you'll understand more about testing. It's not as simple as you think. ;)

I am a software test engineer (no I don't work for SI), you need to understand that developing and testing software is an evolving process. In my previous project we spent a year just testing the product AFTER code complete status was reached. Yet, still, our customers raised defects that we had not come across. The reason for this? Often defects that customers raise can only be reproduced in the field, and try as we might we can't get the same results in-house. SI aren't trying to get free testers, they are trying to improve a product and the best way to do that is by getting feedback from the people who actually use this.

Testing games is much harder than the type of software we develop, typically our software is run on servers (usually) server 2003/2008. So the amount of different OS' we need to test against is relatively small, when testing games, SI have to take into account several different platforms - i.e. XP (with SP3/without SP3), Vista, and Mac. So the amount of testing required is even greater! Coupled with our server software we have a client side app, which is deployed across every windows platform, linux, unix and MAC, and they also have to be tested. Add to that the various different graphics cards and thousands of drivers and whether a machine has 1gb-4gb, if they tried to test every possible area of the game on every possible combination of OS with every amount of RAM possible we wouldn't see the next FM game until about 2030!

So what do SI do? They test the software as much as they realistically can. But they do rely on customers on providing information where-ever they can. Not for cheap testing but so they can make the game better for everyone.

There is no such thing as bug free software - the operating system you're using at the moment will likely have a 100 bugs in that you don't know about!

Just to reiterate, this isn't meant as a flame towards you, just wanted to explain how the software testing life cycle works.

Premier2k

Archived