Would this work? Player quests

I'm thinking that at the beginning of each season every player should have their own season quest for them to complete. And if they fulfil it by the end of the season they get some sort of bonus. Either a stat boost or even increase their PA or something.

So for example a striker might have a quest to score a hattrick at least once during the season or a keeper might have the quest to keep 10 clean sheets. Or better yet have a level of quests, such as level 1 being 10 clean sheets, level 2 being 15, and level 3 being 20 clean sheets. And the bonuses for higher level achievements get better.

I think most players set themselves goals to achieve during the season and this would be a way to better formalise it.

What do you think? And list some potential quests you would like to be included.

I think the idea of setting your players targets is sound.

However, the idea of an attribute boost as a reward is unrealistic.

The only way it could work IMO is to add it into player contracts as a financial bonus, eg 20 goals in season gives them £1k. But I don't know if this happens in real life so shouldn't be implemented in the game if it's not realistic.

Fm rpg

:D

I see why you say this... :p

But if you make the reward a contractual, financial bonus, rather than an attribute bonus, it could work, as outlined by myself and Drunk Beware.

The question remains really though whether these sort of clauses ARE in actual player contracts, esp as a lot of players will set themselves a target of goals, playing so many games.

not sure if it is the transfer fee or player contract but cant you already assign a fee after x amount of goals or x amount of games etc...??

Yeah but it goes to the selling club rather than the player. I think it would be good to offer the player an extra incentive to score 20 or 30 goals a season. IIRC SAF and Ronaldo had a running bet going about scoring 30 plus goals a season. So something a bit like that.

Well, in the US we often have "incentive triggers" in contracts. They're similar to Goal Bonuses for example, but they usually work something like this:

* Play 60% of the snaps (plays) for the football team during a season, triggers an escalator in the contract that dramatically increases their salary.

* Earn invitation to the Pro Bowl (like the League Best XI) earns a $1 million bonus.

* Earn a Cy Young vote (Best pitcher) earns a $1 million bonus.

Etc etc. It would be cool for fringe players or guys you aren't quite sure should make the team, if it turns out they play their way into the First XI they get paid like a starter. If they don't, they are paid like a reserve. Not sure how much the Appearance/Goal bonuses add up, but are they as significant as the above samples?

Player quests might be useful for keeping players from leaving your team for higher level clubs. Maybe they come to you with demands: "If you want to keep me, I want to play in X games, have a light training schedule, and be paid Y per week. Also, I never want to be played out of position." etc. Follow those rules and your player stays and maintains Superb morale.

.......and then they go into the dark dank dungeon and slay the level 51 monster and return the quests to the beautiful princess that then mutates into an evil warthog (level 55) which you now have to kill......

Sorry, to take the mikey, but not realistic in my manor.

LAM

Well, in the US we often have "incentive triggers" in contracts. They're similar to Goal Bonuses for example, but they usually work something like this:

* Play 60% of the snaps (plays) for the football team during a season, triggers an escalator in the contract that dramatically increases their salary.

* Earn invitation to the Pro Bowl (like the League Best XI) earns a $1 million bonus.

Would these note be lesser or greater version of the following:

* Fee per game

* League/cup bonuses

* Perform well and get voted in team of the year (or various other awards).

LAM

That's what I'm wondering.

I think there are some incentives in your typical American contracts that are dramatically more substantial (especially the 60% of snaps one) than the bonuses in the game.

But yeah, they are similar - just different in mechanism. A per X bonus vs. a threshold bonus.

Etc etc. It would be cool for fringe players or guys you aren't quite sure should make the team, if it turns out they play their way into the First XI they get paid like a starter. If they don't, they are paid like a reserve. Not sure how much the Appearance/Goal bonuses add up, but are they as significant as the above samples?

Player quests might be useful for keeping players from leaving your team for higher level clubs. Maybe they come to you with demands: "If you want to keep me, I want to play in X games, have a light training schedule, and be paid Y per week. Also, I never want to be played out of position." etc. Follow those rules and your player stays and maintains Superb morale.

Are you referring to baseball? Or football (soccer) in America?

• 3 weeks later...
.......and then they go into the dark dank dungeon and slay the level 51 monster and return the quests to the beautiful princess that then mutates into an evil warthog (level 55) which you now have to kill......

Sorry, to take the mikey, but not realistic in my manor.

LAM

This made me laugh out loud!!!!

god..... this op just wants attention

the idea is never going to work.

Archived